BvS The Superman suit Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
2dac8xi.jpg

interesting, kinda fits with the rest of it in an Alien type look, I could live with it if they'd make this kind of adjustment.....but still needs brighter colors for the belt itself ;)

Sorry if this has been brought up, but has anyone noticed that on the superman statue that we've seen, there's a texture on the bodysuit but not on the emblem, which is smooth? I wonder if this reflects a change in the suit - I for one would welcome it.

Sorry if this has been brought up, but has anyone noticed that on the superman statue that we've seen, there's a texture on the bodysuit but not on the emblem, which is smooth? I wonder if this reflects a change in the suit - I for one would welcome it.

To my knowledge, it hasn't been addressed yet.

I also noticed the smooth surface and wondered the same as you did. It would certainly be nice if Wilkinson's team managed to devise a way to hoist the shield over the mesh skin texture of the suit.

I also noticed the smooth surface and wondered the same as you did. It would certainly be nice if Wilkinson's team managed to devise a way to hoist the shield over the mesh skin texture of the suit.
Someone help me out here.....I think there was a tweet from someone that said that the texture on the statue is NOT representative of what the Super suit looks like in B v S.

If it was up to me, I'd keep the yellow bit textured and have a smoother red S over it. Then I'd also have the boots be exactly the same shape but again, have them have a different, smoother texture.

Then, at the very least, I'd make the gold bits of the belt smooth(er) too, as I thought EVERYTHING on the suit having the same chain mail texture was too bland, and certainly didn't make sense with a belt buckle.

Those are the main changes I'd like, although changing the belt to be more solid, and minimalizing/removing the cuffs and other blue "trim" would be really welcome. I'd rather a few decorative seams (like on the batsuit) than all that raised rubber trim.

I wonder if the altered suit will be an actualy new suit for Superman, or just "retconned", as if we're meant to think it was always like that. Probably they won't mention it at all.

They have to sell toys so yeah... they have to change suits a bit.

But barely enough that a child can tell the difference. I'd wager most adult couldn't tell the difference between the suits in Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2.

Kids will want a toy no matter what.

A couple of things I really want changed.

A different pattern to the texture.
A yellow shield on the cape.
No pattern on the shield, or at least something different than that of the bodysuit.
Shorter cape.
Wider neckline.
Better colors.

Oh and, I really hope they give him a new fortress.

A couple of things I really want changed.

A different pattern to the texture.
A yellow shield on the cape.
No pattern on the shield, or at least something different than that of the bodysuit.
Shorter cape.
Wider neckline.
Better colors.

Oh and, I really hope they give him a new fortress.

That's quite a list.

That's quite a list.
Seems like a lot but it's actually hardly noticeable changes, with the exception of the yellow Shield on the cape.
And also these are probable changes, and frankly the ONLY changes I want to that suit. It's a great suit.

I hope his "tweaked" suit comes from that liquid metal tech that was on Krypton, and resembles the statue that is being used in the film. It could easily be hidden under his normal clothes. And i think that his cape was too big in mos. The scene when he is in the desert and walks up the stairs to Zods ship you can see how dirty it got. Smaller cape for Supes. Big cape for Batman. That is all.

Consider also the left shoulder, which appears completely smooth... I have no idea what to make of that except to think that no firm conclusions can be drawn from what we see here.

Why haven't we seen the suit?

Well I think people need to remember that we are getting the privilege of people being able to score pictures from far away and post them without cease and desist orders.

They will reveal the suit when they know someone is going to get a good snap of it.

Until then they are going to be secretive because it's a film production.

But barely enough that a child can tell the difference. I'd wager most adult couldn't tell the difference between the suits in Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2.

Kids will want a toy no matter what.

Enough that they still made different versions of the toys with each film. Hell, there are Nolan Dark Knight trilogy box sets that have three statues, one for each film, of batman, and they made each one look different.

Not a completely accurate representation of what we saw in the films, but they did it anyways.

I know this is a weird request, but I hope they find a way to tuck in the rest of his chest hair. The first time I saw the scene with him and Lois waiting for the Kryptonian dropship, I laughed because I saw a bit of it poking out of his suit. It really distracted me for some reason...

that's part of his chest hair. you know if you have chest hair, you can't hide it all. that's realistic. :oldrazz:

I know this is a weird request, but I hope they find a way to tuck in the rest of his chest hair. The first time I saw the scene with him and Lois waiting for the Kryptonian dropship, I laughed because I saw a bit of it poking out of his suit. It really distracted me for some reason...
How about no. His chest hair is magnificent.

A strange request indeed. Cavill actually lobbied to keep the chest hair in a world of clean shaven superheroes. I think it definitely made for a more macho look and they should retain it for the sequel.

And it also gets rid of the "how does he shave his chest" question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"