BvS The Superman Suit Thread - Part 4

We've spoken a lot about the S shield having been lowered/smaller in BvS and I have just watching the trailer again and noticed something, the S seems to be in different places??
This shot you can see the pattern on his suit has like 3 rows above the S
1339323489044971046.png

But then in this shot there is really only one
bvstthree62.jpg
sharp eyes! the\S/ placement definitely looks different between the 2.

You can also see it here. Much closer to the collar, I love that! Keep it like that!
011bfa892ea78241208c241b7a56a636.jpg

That makes no sense though. The S is lower on the suit now so really now you see less.

Lower yes but the S has been redesigned so now it's more top heavy. The original S bulges in the middle. To me it's to show that the S isn't an S. It's more like a snake or whatever creature on Krypton.

The new shield actually is an S. It's not some kyptonian creature but actually the letter S.

So while it's lower, S heavy stop shows more of the S in shots.

^ I think Cavill said the suit will change a bit in each movie, so I wouldn't expect the MoS version to be back anytime soon.

^ I think Cavill said the suit will change a bit in each movie, so I wouldn't expect the MoS version to be back anytime soon.

I wouldn't take that interview too seriously since the translation english to french was really weird.

That MoS pic really makes it clear how much his hair changes his face. He looks a lot younger in that pic.

That MoS pic really makes it clear how much his hair changes his face. He looks a lot younger in that pic.

MoS has a rookie Superman (Man of Steel). BvS has more mature Superman:woot:

Hope they bring back that suit for Justice League.

At least bring back certain features of it like the S and the higher quality piping...oh and the boots! And the velvet cape! :woot:

Yeah I don't think they are going to go backwards. The BVS suit will be what we have going forward. Probably some more tweaks though.

Yet another look at how the S changes spots. This is honestly the best shot so far.
CbUCLOoWEAAiVlm.jpg:large

I'm almost certain the s isn't moving around. I think it's all in the angles

If you look at the pattern on the suit sometimes it has like 3 or 4 rows and sometimes it was 1 in between the shield and the collar.

That's instantly one of my favourite shots of Cavill's Supes.

Yup. Looks damn good (as Clark too).

I know it's been discussed that the symbol is smaller but has it been discussed as to why it was made smaller? Was it a costuming problem with the MOS suit? Could it be so Superman's symbol doesn't overpower everyone else's? Or simply designers choice?

Last edited:
I know it's been discussed that the symbol is smaller but has it been discussed as to why is was made smaller? Was it a costuming problem with the MOS suit? Could it be so Superman's symbol doesn't overpower everyone else's? Or simply designers choice?

Unsure, I hope its because they wanted to do the shirt rip and they needed it lower for that.

The "S" in BVS appears to be the same design, with more intricate interior design work.

I like how they seem to be making Clark's clothes kind of baggy and not particularly well fitting.

You're right, I never paid attention to how large that jacket looked on him. All of the costumes, including the non-spandex ones, are perfect imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"