BvS The Superman suit Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the question is actually, "How does he shave at all?

silly question...heatvision and a mirror of course

34qmihf.jpg

Last edited:
The bikini bottoms on the SR suit are truly startling. They're of the kind of cut that Rihanna goes for.

The SR costume's low-rider briefs is visually unappealing. That and the high neckline gave Routh a very long torso, more Superboy than Superman. Plus I didn't like the use of the 'S' symbol everywhere (boots, belt, etc.)

I'd say it's second worst to Dean Cain's costume, but considering the budget for the TV show, SR's design was terrible. :csad:

And really I say this with sadness, because a long-time Superman fan like me believes that this character deserves the best.

So some of the changes I've noticed. The S shield looks slightly smaller but not by a big difference. Just more space between the top of the shield and the neck line. Next the obvious belt piping and what could look to be a small barely visible S in it? Hard to tell. The piping on the the sides of the suit and on his wrists looks different to me as well. The biggest difference I like isn't on the suit at all it's the hair that Henry Cavill has. The shorter look is perfect.
Could the design in the S Shield be different? Looks like lettering/desgin down the middle of the S too.

hrTM4O5.jpg

Since we're talking about the Superman suit...enjoy! :woot:

[YT]watch?v=wehGfglnzyA[/YT]

I'm posting this here since it has more relevance:
let me preface my comment with this: I love Zack's affinity for visuals, and he knows exactly what he's doing. but.....

TEXTURES!!! Texture is to Zack Snyder as Explosions are to Michael Bay.
He loves throwing texture on any suit he touches. Look at Watchmen, for example:

xyJB3ro.jpg

Nite Owl's suit couldn't HAVE more texture.

Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not in the slightest. I love everything about the new suit. It makes me laugh when I think about how we used to say "i hope his S shield has less texture to separate it from the suit," and now it has even MORE texture. Notice the line going through the thickest part of the S, and how it has a different texture on either side of it.
I also noticed that the suit itself seems to have the same texture as its first incarnation, and this makes me very happy.

It also makes me wonder why the statue had such a sharp, angular design. If the rumors are true (big "if" here) and it's in front of the LexCorp building, maybe the statue is for his Bizarro clone? I have many doubts about this, but hey, we've got a lot of time to kill until we know the story.

Other visual changes I noticed are the angular lines on his torso, and how they are further apart, and reach higher than before. This will look GREAT on film, as it enhances his figure! His cuffs are changed in a similar fashion, as they are more separate from each other and aren't one big mass on the end of his sleeve. This is one of my favorite changes. His shield is a little lower and smaller this time around, and his cape seems to be a little higher at the collar. His boots do appear to have lifts/heels.
The gold and red on his shield look much shinier and brighter, and the blue seems less dull.

His buckle has the "hope" symbol on it, and one could argue that his belt might even have Kryptonian script as well. Maybe it says "if you can read this, you are too close," lol.

As for Henry's physique, he seems to be in just as good of shape this time around, if not better. His forearms look massive, and his torso is very defined. I think they might be using the same muscle molds in the suit on his arms and chest, as they look the same.

mwxZd1S.jpg

^^ Nice observations and points Supergrave! I'm loving the look of the 'gold' belt and shield and that writing on the belt makes it look so MOS Kryptonian.

^^thanks!
that's right, I completely forgot to mention the obvious shape change of the buckle, lol. Yeah, it looks like the organic nature of the first suit has been affected by his time on Earth. The rule they established in MOS was: "there are no straight lines on Krypton." That played over into his suit as well. This time around, the racing stripes on his torso are sharper and angular. The writing on the belt does help to keep it somewhat Kryptonian.

^^ Lol at 'racing stripes'! :) But yeah, they've really outdone themselves and streamlined an already great suit. The 'piping' seems to be more integrated into the suit and the color is more blue than gray which is great. Another thing I've noticed is how the material of the raised pattern itself is shining rather than the base material underneath it. In MOS it was the other way around and the shine came from the material underneath the pattern which was dull mostly.

let me preface my comment with this: I love Zack's affinity for visuals, and he knows exactly what he's doing. but.....

He loves throwing texture on any suit he touches. Look at Watchmen, for example:

xyJB3ro.jpg

Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not in the slightest. I love everything about the new suit. It makes me laugh when I think about how we used to say "i hope his S shield has less texture to separate it from the suit," and now it has even MORE texture. Notice the line going through the thickest part of the S, and how it has a different texture on either side of it.
I also noticed that the suit itself seems to have the same texture as its first incarnation, and this makes me very happy.

It also makes me wonder why the statue had such a sharp, angular design. If the rumors are true (big "if" here) and it's in front of the LexCorp building, maybe the statue is for his Bizarro clone? I have many doubts about this, but hey, we've got a lot of time to kill until we know the story.

Other visual changes I noticed are the angular lines on his torso, and how they are further apart, and reach higher than before. This will look GREAT on film, as it enhances his figure! His cuffs are changed in a similar fashion, as they are more separate from each other and aren't one big mass on the end of his sleeve. This is one of my favorite changes. His shield is a little lower and smaller this time around, and his cape seems to be a little higher at the collar. His boots do appear to have lifts/heels.
The gold and red on his shield look much shinier and brighter, and the blue seems less dull.

His buckle has the "hope" symbol on it, and one could argue that his belt might even have Kryptonian script as well. Maybe it says "if you can read this, you are too close," lol.

As for Henry's physique, he seems to be in just as good of shape this time around, if not better. His forearms look massive, and his torso is very defined. I think they might be using the same muscle molds in the suit on his arms and chest, as they look the same.

mwxZd1S.jpg

If superman is able to change/alter his costume the it could be very possible that he was either able to retain the remains of the scout ship, or copy the liquid-geo technology to recreate his suit and other 3D objects.

xyJB3ro.jpg

mwxZd1S.jpg

Great observations! Snyder really does have a knack for attention to detail. :up:

Yeah, I just noticed that the new suit isn't as shiny. I see what you mean about the shine coming from the pattern and not underneath! I liked Snyder's thinking with the first suit, but this is very much an improvement. Not that there was a lot to improve from the MOS suit anyhow!

He is just huge. All dat muscle. Bit too large from that picture. Though they do build up a bit for the shots like that so it looks better.

Seeing all the minor changes I really like them all. From the S symbol, to the belt, to the design on the belt, to the cuffs, to the side stripes. Love it all. Great additions are having his hair cut short and then his bigger forearms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"