BvS The Superman Suit Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what were they thinking with the muscle suit? in the naaame of god its to much definition.

Looks fine to me. :shrug:

What is this chest hair you guys speak of?

Cavill's chest hair was sometimes visible while in the superman suit.
I wasn't bothered by it personally.
man-of-steel-henry-cavill-superman-2013.jpg

Last edited:
what were they thinking with the muscle suit? in the naaame of god its to much definition.

I'd rather have too much than to little. See the SR and STM costumes.

We're so accustomed to seeing definition like this in the comics. And since no other fabric can [apparently] be used to show adequate definition, I'm totally good with it.

If they went with something normal you and a lot of other people would be the first ones to get on this forum and bleat about "Superman just looks like a normal in shape guy in that suit!".

I prefer the MOS suit to the BVS one. I think the cuffs, belt and waist piping look better. I also prefer the larger chest emblem. Ah well, I'll get used to it I guess.

To me, the cuffs alone put the BVS suit above the MOS one. I like how they made them look "busy" but at the same time not plain, and also much less clunky than they were before. It's not a gauntlet/bracelet anymore, it's just detailing on the fabric. Looks pretty sleek. Wish they had thought of that for MOS.

Heck yea, his jaw even looks bigger. And the piping and Kryptonian writing on the suit is just genius. Wilkinson was definitely flexing his designer muscles on this one
genius bah, filigree smiligree... Batman wins

332737ef307c4a44103d0ef01a31ef1c.jpg

If they went with something normal you and a lot of other people would be the first ones to get on this forum and bleat about "Superman just looks like a normal in shape guy in that suit!".
THIS!!!!!! :bow: So true!!!!! complain for the sake of it.

Personally I like the slightly exaggerated cartoon physique/costume juxtaposed with the more grounded or real world look of the film. It makes for an interesting and unique looking film.

I don't think I'm articulating myself quite in the way that I want to but that's the best that I can do.

If others don't like it, fine, I respect that opinion.

THIS!!!!!! :bow: So true!!!!! complain for the sake of it.
i am complaining for the sake of complaining?

i see i need to leave this section of SHH for the next 6 months.

I think it's safe to say that there are some noticeable differences between the two muscle suits. There's no guarantee that this new one will look as good (or good - period) at this stage, but it's a safe bet.

i am complaining for the sake of complaining?

i see i need to leave this section of SHH for the next 6 months.

Breaking News: There was a muscle suit under the MOS one as well.

Well, Snyder loves muscles. Remember he even put veins on the last suit.

I think it looks funny.

Damn most of the time actors get big for the first movie and then kinda get smaller as the series continues(bale, evans, hemsworth etc.). But I never though Cavill would look even bulkier in the second outing. He looks freaking huge(like jim lee supes big) although I'm sure its the muscle suit. they even added more mass to his legs.

Damn most of the time actors get big for the first movie and then kinda get smaller as the series continues(bale, evans, hemsworth etc.). But I never though Cavill would look even bulkier in the second outing. He looks freaking huge(like jim lee supes big) although I'm sure its the muscle suit. they even added more mass to his legs.
Uh, no. There's more mass on his legs, because his thighs are actually massive. He's bigger because he bulked up more.

tumblr_nelp7oEZpd1rei3gfo1_500.jpg

Man, why are you so defensive? Some people think this muscle suit is too much, that's it. It's not like he called your mother a skank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"