The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely and I feel that it's clearly a marketing thing. People will see "The Dark Knight Rises" and think "The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger, awesome"

Nolan came up with the title. I doubt he cares about marketing. He's a filmmaker, he's most concerned with how the title represents the story contained within the film.

For some reason known only to him he feels the title The Dark Knight Rises best fits the film rather than Gotham or Gotham City. It would probably be best to wait to watch the film and see if that actually pans out.

Last edited:
I like the title Gotham. Always have. It packs a punch. GOTHAM.
I don't like TDKR. We already have a TDK title in this trilogy. It's like naming the 3rd film Batman Ends.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises.

I don't like it. The Dark Knight should stand alone as does Batman Begins. It shouldn't have to lend it's title to the 3rd film to continue its story.

Gotham doesn't do anything. The city is featured in all three movies. So whether or not you like the current title, at least it makes sense. Batman Begins is origin tale. The Dark Knight is what he becomes through the film. And then the third movie features his redemption in some form or another.

Gotham says nothing about what the movie is.

I don't like the title "Gotham" either, makes no sense. I still like "The Caped Crusader" regardless of how "camp" it sounds.

I always hated Gotham as well. It doesn't say anything.

If the movie were about politics and other things and general workings of the city as a precusor to Batman (like watching the city during Bruce's Absence) it would be a good title. but, for the film TDK was, Gotham just doesn't seem appropriate.

I don't hate the Dark Knight Rises, I do hate that in a sequence of three films we have two Dark Knights and one Begins...there's a weird flow there, almost makes BB seem like it's not in the same continuum.

TDKR's title doesn't bother me but, had it been unrelated to the other names It would feel more comfortable.

I always hated Gotham as well. It doesn't say anything.

If the movie were about politics and other things and general workings of the city as a precusor to Batman (like watching the city during Bruce's Absence) it would be a good title. but, for the film TDK was, Gotham just doesn't seem appropriate.

I don't hate the Dark Knight Rises, I do hate that in a sequence of three films we have two Dark Knights and one Begins...there's a weird flow there, almost makes BB seem like it's not in the same continuum.

TDKR's title doesn't bother me but, had it been unrelated to the other names It would feel more comfortable.

At least it will be next alphabetically and sequentially in my movie collection. That's the one thing that frustrated me between BB and TDK. Not a huge deal, but I'm a little anal-retentive about stuff like that.

Anything today? :word:

there was some stuff involving parachutists, black jets and
two apache's made to look like they were built using the same design key as the Tumbler

Technically that wasn't from today, we knew that earlier this week

Technically that wasn't from today, we knew that earlier this week

Really? how'd i miss something like that? :doh: the new bat-vehicle is something i'm rather interested in....

there was some stuff involving parachutists, black jets and
two apache's made to look like they were built using the same design key as the Tumbler

:huh: I haven't seen anything about it being Apache based.

It got buried, we heard of the attack copter dressed as the tumbler.

Seems fishy to me to be honest.

:huh: I haven't seen anything about it being Apache based.

Well seeing as it said Attack Helicopter it most likely is the boeing Apache. Seeing as the C130 is also from Boeing.

Don't see why it'd be another manufacture.

It was only a tweet from someone and I don't think they gave a source. So it's just kinda out there, no one really has any idea if it's for real. I wouldn't mind a helicopter, but I don't want to get excited and start speculating and then find out it's fake.

A Batcopter that looks remotely like the tumbler is hard to envision... are there actually any tank-looking vehicles that can fly?

A Batcopter that looks remotely like the tumbler is hard to envision... are there actually any tank-looking vehicles that can fly?

This Comanche looks like one.

rah66comanche.jpg

I'm thinking that if its a tumbler based copter, it will just have a lot of sharp angles on it, like the tumbler had. It will have a similar look, but it wont be big and bulky. It would probably need to be quick and agile.

A tumbler-like helicopter sounds badass. Also, this better mean there's a bat-shark repellent scene...

If one was a "spare" why would they have it on set?

When they were filming tumbler action scenes, were there more than one on set? I can't recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"