The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 136

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a question.

Why does Batman feel the need to do the over-the-top Bat-voice to Bane at the end? Bane knows he's Bruce....

Why does he do it to Lucius towards the end of TDK? Just one of those weird things we'll never know.

I had a question.

Why does Batman feel the need to do the over-the-top Bat-voice to Bane at the end? Bane knows he's Bruce....

Edit: [BLACKOUT]Miranda[/BLACKOUT] :doh:

I think of Batman as his other self. When he's in the cowl, he's not Bruce Wayne. That voice doesn't even come to his mind when he's Batman.

And yes, Talia.

Although I would preferred a simple "You'd never give the trigger to an ordinary citizen! WHERE IS IT?" rather than "WHERE IS IT!? THE TRIGGER! WWHHHERE? WHURDATRIGGAAARR!?!?"

The interesting thing is Bruce left Gotham and didn't want to be found in Begins. I don't think it was fully explained other than he just had a hatred for criminals and wanted to punish them, up until Ra's trained him to be more than that. But I'm not sure if he was planning on ever returning to Gotham until he heard about the plan to destroy it. But it gave the sense that he was running away or trying to escape from what happened.

But by the end of TDKR, he almost comes to accept all that has happened so that he could let go of all the pain and finally move on. The problem, however, was that as Bruce Wayne, he couldn't go anywhere without someone looking for him, so he had to fake his own death to really be able to start a new life.

For the record, I thought the scene where Batman saves Blake and fights the group of thigs showed how quickly Bale can move in the suit. That was pretty kickass compared to the slow punching scenes in TDK. IMHO, the fight scenes in TDKR were perfect.

Completely agree, I don't think anyone can complain about the fight scenes in this movie, particularly the Bat/Bane fight were quick and brutal, everything I could have expected and more; in the first fight I loved how angry and berserk Bats was...

Another thing I love about the blake rescue scene, is the look of fascination in Blake's face when he sees Bats kickin ass (not to mention that Blake himself took on a much bigger opponent by himself, which shows that he's pretty tough too), it was a look of watching your hero in all of his glory, he probably had the same look on his face as all of the audience :woot:

And another thing I loved about it was at the end, when all of the people close to Bruce having their faith restores, when they "realize" that Bruce is actually alive, Freeman, Oldman and Caine sold that perfectly.

Polux

HAHA... have you guys heard Bane's voice from the French trailer?

[YT]eJ2OuDUw8gg[/YT]

:awesome:

I really liked the fight scene where Batman saves Blake, but I would have loved to see how bullets going off. Even if they didn't hit Batman, as long as they just went off.

Why does he do it to Lucius towards the end of TDK? Just one of those weird things we'll never know.

:hehe:, true.

I think of Batman as his other self. When he's in the cowl, he's not Bruce Wayne. That voice doesn't even come to his mind when he's Batman.

And yes, Talia.

Although I would preferred a simple "You'd never give the trigger to an ordinary citizen! WHERE IS IT?" rather than "WHERE IS IT!? THE TRIGGER! WWHHHERE? WHURDATRIGGAAARR!?!?"

Hahaha, me too. I agree though when he's in the cowl, he's not Bruce, regardless of who he's talking to, save maybe Alfred.

Bats looked and acted his best in TDKR IMO. I just love how angry he is. It really had me wishing for more Batman scenes.

Hahaha, me too. I agree though when he's in the cowl, he's not Bruce, regardless of who he's talking to, save maybe Alfred.

He even did it to Alfred in BB, but he was drugged at the time so who knows.

Yep, but even with Alfred, Bruce loses himself to Batman. Then again, the only time he's ever spoken to Alfred as Batman was when he was drugged, right?

Bats looked and acted his best in TDKR IMO. I just love how angry he is. It really had me wishing for more Batman scenes.

Definitely. Whenever Batman was on the screen, it was just perfect.

:lmao: I love it. I just love how over the top and crazy he went with it.

Haha, yeah, but it felt like he was parodying himself from TDK almost.

Anyone else having a hard time with it being over? It hit me a few days ago...this story is truly done. We will never see this cast again. As a matter of fact, we won't see Batman on the screen for quite some time.

I can't lie...I'm a bit depressed by this.

I'm happy, tbh. I love Nolan's trilogy, it's a fantastic addition to the Batman collection, but I'm excited for a new take on the character.

If TDKR didn't have a satisfying end, then I'd be depressed, but everything was wrapped up very nicely.

Anyone else having a hard time with it being over? It hit me a few days ago...this story is truly done. We will never see this cast again. As a matter of fact, we won't see Batman on the screen for quite some time.

It does suck a little, but better that they go out with a bang, than slowly fade into obscurity, with each film declining in quality, simply because they were made for money, rather than making the best possible story.

I been struggling with it all week. No joke. I don't think there's ever been a film trilogy I cared this much about and doubt there will be another for a long time to come (MOS could possibly come close, assuming it becomes a successful trilogy)

I'm not sure why I connect to this character so deeply, but I always have and will continue to. I wouldn't mind seeing something fresh and new myself, but I have to be honest, this was the Batman I've waited to see on the big screen since I was 8. Nolan's "heightened realism" is something I always hoped for as a kid, teenager, and grown man...and it was delivered in superb fashion.

As silly as it sounds, I do feel like I am mourning the loss of something.

On the brighter side of things, I am really looking forward to Man of Steel!

I been struggling with it all week. No joke. I don't think there's ever been a film trilogy I cared this much about and doubt there will be another for a long time to come (MOS could possibly come close, assuming it becomes a successful trilogy)

I hope MOS comes close...I have incredibly high hopes for this reboot.

I'll be honest, I was never ever a fan of Batman. Never watched the animated series, wasn't a fan of the Burton films or anything after that. I didn't see Begins until a year after it was out. But after seeing Begins, I was pleasantly surprised and was a little interested in the character. The Dark Knight made me really start to like the characters, but TDKR made me love the character, or at least this version of the character.

With that said, it does suck that it's finally over, and with today's demands, it's very likely that we'll be seeing a new franchise come together soon. But I was happy with the ending and the arc for this character, and I think it was definitely well done and worth all the praise. Plus, after seeing how much outrage there was over the Mass Effect trilogy ending, it's nice to see a case where people are generally feeling positive about how this trilogy ended.

WB is fast-tracking a reboot. Pre-production is set to begin in 18 to 24 months.

I'm more um, depressed about that. Let the property rest for a while.

Yeah, I'm hoping Man of Steel will help ease the pain a bit for us hardcore Nolan-Bat fans.

I've got this sinking feeling though that as great as that film may be, nothing can replace Batman in my heart. He will always be the cooler character to me (even though I do enjoy Superman too)

But I do hope Man of Steel can get audiences invested in the Superman character again. Ideally, if it's a success, it will give WB something to lean on so they don't run to rush the Batman reboot. It's about time for Superman to start carrying his weight!

To sum it up though, yeah it's very bittersweet and I totally am sentimental about it. I will miss the anticipation the most. It's been a constant in my life for a long time now. It's great to have closure and to know the story is done, and that the films are there to be revisited whenever we want. Just hard to truly accept that this era of Batman is actually over.

I hope that Man of Steel is just as groundbreaking as BB was for me - reinventing the character for this generation. The creative origin plus amazing visuals = a potential quality film for me.

WB is fast-tracking a reboot. Pre-production is set to begin in 18 to 24 months.

I'm more um, depressed about that. Let the property rest for a while.

I didn't realize they were looking to move so quickly. That is depressing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"