The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 136

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that I thought Gordon's scarf flapping in the wind was Batman's cape in that scene (from the trailer, based on it's velvety texture)...

Now THAT would have been full circle and a little awkward. Batman getting up and wrapping his cape around Gordon's shoulders. :funny:
Yeah, I remember thinking something similar, except I thought that maybe Gordon was wearing the cape as sort of a distraction to take heat off of Batman, but that would've been even more awkward seeing Batman without his cape.

The scene with Batman and Catwoman on the roof is a little sad... knowing that it was Christian Bale's last time in the Bat-suit and that his last line to deliver was, ''Huh, so thats what that feels like''.

The scene with Batman and Catwoman on the roof is a little sad... knowing that it was Christian Bale's last time in the Bat-suit and that his last line to deliver was, ''Huh, so thats what that feels like''.
I was listening to Kevin Smith's podcast and it struck me that Bale never needed to use his Batman voice apart from the scenes where he was with Gordon and Miranda :woot: but still used it anyway. Practically everone knew it was Wayne!!!!

Regarding the Manor/Cab video we got like a year ago, didn't that show Miranda and Bruce both getting out the cab?

No, it was the same as we have in the film.

I still love Batman's "WHERE IS THA TRIGGA?...WHERE IS IT? AHHHHH" Hulk like moment. Still resonates in awesomeness to me

This is so funny I cried

tumblr_m7lpnnvAjb1r32abzo1_500.jpg

leo-excluded-from-batman.jpeg

Brings a smile to my face...Joker pun intended

I was listening to Kevin Smith's podcast and it struck me that Bale never needed to use his Batman voice apart from the scenes where he was with Gordon and Miranda :woot: but still used it anyway. Practically everone knew it was Wayne!!!!
LOL I was listening to a podcast where someone was expecting Catwoman to point out the voice at some point, which could have been a funny moment. I was sort of expecting it too, but like they pointed out, it might have taken away from the seriousness of everything else that was going on.

I saw this posted on IMDB from ObscureViking
Hans Zimmer

"Aurora" is dedicated to those who lost their lives and were affected by the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. I recorded this song in London in the days following the tragedy as a heartfelt tribute to the victims and their families. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Aurora Victim Relief organization.

Spill.com just posted their spoiler filled discussion for TDKR. It's worth checking out. :up:

I just figured even though he perhaps didn't need to use the voice amongst those who knew or were clued in, I always figured the voice was, to Bruce, so locked tight to his Batman persona that it was purely instinctual. If I recall correctly in TDK Bruce begins slipping into the voice when he puts Harvey into a sleeper hold at the fundraiser; because his personality was shifting into "Batman mode" if you will.

Cohost is such a fanboy, I don't even know why he can't admit it.

He does admit it but he doesn't care, It makes for an entertaining show I think. Co-Host's only review for TDK was epic. lol

I just figured even though he perhaps didn't need to use the voice amongst those who knew or were clued in, I always figured the voice was, to Bruce, so locked tight to his Batman persona that it was purely instinctual. If I recall correctly in TDK Bruce begins slipping into the voice when he puts Harvey into a sleeper hold at the fundraiser; because his personality was shifting into "Batman mode" if you will.
Yeah, I think that also plays into it, where he just does it without realizing. But I'm trying to remember, because I don't think the voice was as bad in Begins, but I think he used a more normal voice when he told Rachel who he was toward the end of it.

Yeah, I think that also plays into it, where he just does it without realizing. But I'm trying to remember, because I don't think the voice was as bad in Begins, but I think he used a more normal voice when he told Rachel who he was toward the end of it.
His voice was perfect in Begins.

He also used a more "normal" voice when talking to Gordon in BB.

Also the scene in TDK where he shows fox the sonar, hes full on batman. I love that. I like that the voice usually cracks during a moment of vulnerability like the miranda reveal in tdkr and talking to rachel in the cave in BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"