The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 149

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I found it funny, I think here on the TDKR boards we just have a higher tolerance and thicker skin for trolling and can even accept it on some level from certain posters once we get to know them, and know that they make more serious posts every once in a while.

Travesty trolls in a class clown sort of way. Only over in the BvS boards they are just not game for that kinda thing, they're too busy maniping every possible picture of 'Fleck in the Batsuit, haha.

But.... is Travesty immortal? Or are his methods supernatural?

That's why I found it funny, I think here on the TDKR boards we just have a higher tolerance and thicker skin for trolling and can even accept it on some level from certain posters once we get to know them, and know that they make more serious posts every once in a while.

Travesty trolls in a class clown sort of way. Only over in the BvS boards they are just not game for that kinda thing, they're too busy maniping every possible picture of 'Fleck in the Batsuit, haha.

Right, I know, and it's bad to take things too seriously all the time. But saying "CataractsMan" and "I hate the lenses" over and over in the middle of a discussion between 2 people just isn't that funny. Trav can do better and he should always strive to reach the highest class of trolling.

Right, I know, and it's bad to take things too seriously all the time. But saying "CataractsMan" and "I hate the lenses" over and over in the middle of a discussion between 2 people just isn't that funny. Trav can do better and he should always strive to reach the highest class of trolling.

tumblr_luyvcfDPK71r1cj3m.gif

Ok. So I guess it's up to interpretation like in most of Nolan's movies. I was hoping someone would have some detail on the situation.

TDKR was better than i expected it to be. Amazing movie for it´s genre. The movie has it´s flaws, but not more than any other SH movie.

So was the ending real or imagined by Alfred. With Noland it's hard to tell.

Everything in the trilogy after Batman is gazed up with Scarecrow's compound , is a complete hallucination.

There's a reason this is the last frame of the trilogy (after the credits)

33867.jpg

Inception being made in the middle of this movies is a very big clue....

Everything in the trilogy after Batman is gazed up with Scarecrow's compound , is a complete hallucination.

There's a reason this is the last frame of the trilogy (after the credits)

Inception being made in the middle of this movies is a very big clue....

[YT]6RppxhOdby4[/YT]

And the fact that Nolan pretty much just recycles his Batman cast in Inception, just swapping out Bale for Leo.

Reads post.

:funny:

I really don't get the mindset of such people. I hated The Amazing Spider-Man. I do not spend every waking day posting in its forum years later.

Reads post.

:funny:

I really don't get the mindset of such people. I hated The Amazing Spider-Man. I do not spend every waking day posting in its forum years later.

But did you really care about Spider-Man as a character and enjoy most of the Raimi films? Probably not.

I thought ASM blew too, the only reason I'm not compelled to rant and rave about it is because, well, it's not Batman. There also weren't two Mark Webb Spider-Man films that I was invested in and thoroughly enjoyed preceding it . . .

I actually prefer Spidey as a character, and rather enjoyed the first two Raimi movies (despite their numerous flaws). By that I mean Peter Parker is a more dynamic character in terms of growth (at least until OMD turned him into Marvel's Mickey Mouse). Bruce Wayne is a more mythic creation that can be interpreted a million different ways, so he is more elastic in that sense, but his personality is usually treated a certain way--save for a few that push outside of that norm including Nolan, but also the likes of Frank Miller, for better or worse. The Raimi movies work for me like the Burton ones do: on their own terms, they are quite fun and clever. Just don't worry about them as adaptations.

With that said, Raimi got the tone in the first two movies much more right than Webb ever did.

I once saw a post that said something like: What if The Dark Knight Trilogy ended with Bruce waking up from his nightmare in the prison from the beginning of Batman Begins?

Damn, it would suck to go from kicking back in a Florence cafe with Anne Hathaway to being in this hellhole prison in the middle of nowhere.

And the fact that Nolan pretty much just recycles his Batman cast in Inception, just swapping out Bale for Leo.

He just shows loyalty to his actors

With that said, Raimi got the tone in the first two movies much more right than Webb ever did.

Highly debatable,

Raimi's tone matched the Stan Lee era, watching them reminds me of Donner's Superman (For the record, I like SM1 and SM2).

Webb just did it better. By ditching cliche origins by having Oscorp playing a key role over the trilogy in terms of their creation. Raimi's Spider-Man 3 is essentially a bunch of s*** that happened at the same time, it really was ridiculous. Over the planned trilogy all the villains are coming from one source, Oscorp. It's much more believable that these villains are the product of an evil corporation's schemes than to say "and then this came from space and then some thug fell into a sandpit that they were doing science stuff".

Also Webb gave Spider-Man sense of realism that really worked. By grounding the setting and characters but keeping the powers Webb made characters like Peter Parker more relate able and not just some guy is nerdy and unlucky. Also Spider-Man is really juxtaposed, you've got the melodrama with the girlfriend and school but then there's the crazy stuff like a Lizard-Human hybrid and Marc Webb captured this perfectly :up:.

The reason for the villains appearing and going after Spidey makes more sense when Webb does it. I like TASM. But i enjoyed the tone a little more with Raimis first two movies. Garfield is a better Spider-Man and looks more like Peter, but his stuttering gets a little annoying, so i keep going back to Tobey's performance. There's a certain charm about it.

I look at the Raimi movies like Donner or Burton.

Lizard was OK but i never liked the character much so i thought it was cheesy. I also don't think there's an ounce of originality in the new movies. We've seen the origin, the Osborn stuff. The multiple Goblins. Move on. It just seems like a cash grab.

The reason for the villains appearing and going after Spidey makes more sense when Webb does it. I like TASM. But i enjoyed the tone a little more with Raimis first two movies. Garfield is a better Spider-Man and looks more like Peter, but his stuttering gets a little annoying, so i keep going back to Tobey's performance. There's a certain charm about it.

I look at the Raimi movies like Donner or Burton.

Same.

Lizard was OK but i never liked the character much so i thought it was cheesy. I also don't think there's an ounce of originality in the new movies. We've seen the origin, the Osborn stuff. The multiple Goblins. Move on. It just seems like a cash grab.

It wasn't necessary to do the origin but what's done is done. As far as Osborns go they are pretty essential to any Spidey franchise, as long as it's done differently (linked with Oscorp cross-species/ Norman is dying) it's fine. It's been 4 films and the wall crawler still does not have his definitive film yet, I hope TASM2 or 3 (or 4...) is it because if they aren't I think it's time Marvel Studios gets a shot.

With the exception of Ock (kinda) they all wanted to kidnap Mary Jane :funny:

How did that make less sense? They knew she was someone Spider-Man cared about and used her as bait. The only bad thing about it was it was repetitive by movie 3. It served a purpose in movie 1 and 2. Especially 2.

Damn, it would suck to go from kicking back in a Florence cafe with Anne Hathaway to being in this hellhole prison in the middle of nowhere.
That would be a cruel awakening indeed. From heaven to hell.

I'm waiting for someone to exhaustively tie the Batman trilogy and Inception together.

I'll even start....Cobb=Bruce in the dream. Bruce is Cobb, just with a changed name and face.

The inception team plays out Mal/Miranda/Talia as betraying him to get him past his guilt over causing her death. "Look what the ***** did to you! Don't feel so guilty now, do you??"

Rachel changing from Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyllenhaal was just Eames not getting his forge quite right. And Eames is totally the type to cast himself as the campy comic book supervillain for ****s and giggles and give a hilariously hammy speech in the "performance".

Also, Blake is Bruce's sidekick in the dream, just as Arthur is to Cobb in reality (the fact that they're both being played by JGL makes this convenient to handwave together somehow).

It's all coming together already....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95