• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Trump Thread!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ones barometer of success is using vague language, repeating ambiguous and ultimately valueless catch phrases and condensing complex political topics into simplistic beliefs to capture the imagination of uneducated Americans - then he was highly successful.

That's why his polls are as high as they are. He speaks like the average American, it's the bell curve that's polling for him.

The mediator would ask a question about foreign policy and all the other candidates would mention technical things or insightful answers about power vacuums or destabilized nations and Trump will just say "I'll tell you what we needa do! *Finger point* We needa make sure, I tell you we need to make very sure, that America puts its foot down! *random hand gesture*". And that resonates with probably 50-55% of America, because 50-55% of America is made up of under-informed and dull buffoons.

trumpfaces.gif

I've watched Presidential hopefuls stump for votes for over 20 years now. It's all the same. There was a report that Yahoo news just came out with basically pointing out that Republican Presidential Candidates tax reforms, such as what Jeb is proposing, benefit the rich. Shocker right? But guess how the 1% has done under Obama:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...-2014-despite-new-obama-taxes/article/2567217

Spot on. In addition Obama didn't punish any of the wall street bankers.

Trump can help the middle class with taxes and jobs.

If ones barometer of success is using vague language, repeating ambiguous and ultimately valueless catch phrases and condensing complex political topics into simplistic beliefs to capture the imagination of uneducated Americans - then he was highly successful.

That's why his polls are as high as they are. He speaks like the average American, it's the bell curve that's polling for him.

The mediator would ask a question about foreign policy and all the other candidates would mention technical things or insightful answers about power vacuums or destabilized nations and Trump will just say "I'll tell you what we needa do! *Finger point* We needa make sure, I tell you we need to make very sure, that America puts its foot down! *random hand gesture*". And that resonates with probably 50-55% of America, because 50-55% of America is made up of under-informed and dull buffoons.

Please define this bell curve you speak about. Who are they?

Trump is now in the lead of the informed.

Trump's gains come most notably among two groups that had proven challenging for him in the early stages of his campaign -- women and those with college degrees. While he gained just 4 points among men in the last month (from 27% in August to 31% now), he's up 13 points among women, rising from 20% in August to 33% now. Trump has also boosted his share of the vote among college graduates, increasing his support among those with degrees from 16% in August to 28% now. Among those without degrees, he stands at 33%, just slightly higher than the 28% sup

Taarna, you're seriously trying to tell everyone on this forum that you are in your 40's and are a college educated American male and don't know what a Bell curve is? :huh:

If you're being facetious...err, okay.

If you're not, err, I'd explain it, but what's the point? You're so zealously and mindlessly pro-Trump he could murder a fellow candidate on stage and you'd play it off. Google "Statistics, Bell Curve" and it'll tell you what you need to know.

It's futile, but I'm an idealist, so I'll give it a shot. In statistics there's a very clear and necessary distinction between a population and a sample. Quite frankly, until any poll says that their sample is the entire American population, it means absolutely nothing.

"In the lead of the informed"? So now every college graduate is "informed" about politics? Pffttttt. And the college graduates they question are obviously of diverse demographic backgrounds right? It couldn't be demographically and ideologically slanted in any way, could it?

Taarna, you're seriously trying to tell everyone on this forum that you are in your 40's and are a college educated American male and don't know what a Bell curve is? :huh:

To be fair, I think he's ask who is making up the bell curve.

I am stealing that Trump gif. It is a classic.

To be fair, I think he's ask who is making up the bell curve.

It's definitely possible, but if he knows what the bell curve is it should be quite obvious according to relevant statistics how the distribution would work, and the answer should be relatively logical if not obvious.

I am stealing that Trump gif. It is a classic.

That'll be Trump's go to presidential reaction if he gets elected.

Uh, Mr. Trump, how would you improve race relations in America?

trumpfaces.gif

Uh, Mr. Trump, what is your comprehensive plan to address climate concerns in America?

trumpfaces.gif

So, Mr. Trump, the level of gun violence in America is stratospheric, please outline in what measure you would address both regulatory concerns as well as public psychology plans to decrease gun deaths per annum.

trumpfaces.gif

Or it's like he's being...serviced and isn't quite sure if it feels all right or not.

I swear....I KNOW you're just frelling with us, but I can't resist. The bell curve is a bilaterally symmetric distribution about a mean (the mean is a numerical average found by adding values together and dividing the sum by the number of items in a given set..... just in case you didn't know that......and thought I was calling you names or saying someone isn't a nice person). It's defined by standard deviations from this mean. Roughly 70% of the people fall between plus and minus 1 standard deviation from the mean, about 95% fall between plus and minus 2 standard deviations, and about 99% fall between plus and minus 3 standard deviations. A standard deviation is essentially an easy way look at variability and the bell curve has the above described characteristics.

Oh you kidder you.......and a sum is....oh never mind. :woot:

EDIT: Please don't tell us you were a Business or Science major. Did they teach arithmetic (cipherin') where you went to school???

EDIT2: God, I just love this guy/gal!!!

Last edited:

I know what the Bell Curve is DJ. It is controversial and I wanted DeadPresident to define it to see if he really believes in it or not. He did bring it up.

If he believes in the bell curve and ethic IQ scores, it would be easy to point out that Trump's base supporters test out higher on the bell curve than say the groups that are most against him.

Ergo, by the definition of the bell curve, the people that support Trump are likely smarter than those who oppose him the most.

I know what the Bell Curve is DJ. It is controversial and I wanted DeadPresident to define it to see if he really believes in it or not. He did bring it up.

If he believes in the bell curve and ethic IQ scores, it would be easy to point out that Trump's base supporters test out higher on the bell curve than say the groups that are most against him.

Ergo, by the definition of the bell curve, the people that support Trump are likely smarter than those who oppose him the most.

From what I've seen of Trump's rallies, smart is not a word I would use to describe his supporters. We do know that at the US open in his hometown he was booed by those in attendance and most folks paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to watch boring ass tennis tend to fall a bit higher up the affluence scale than a rally in the mid-west

We do know that at the US open in his hometown he was booed by those in attendance and most folks paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to watch boring ass tennis tend to fall a bit higher up the affluence scale than a rally in the mid-west

Use your reason. NY City is heavily Democratic. Democrats out number Republicans something like 8 to 1.

Why would a heavily Democratic area give a Republican front runner who in many ways threatens what they believe in applause?

They would not.

PS: Tennis live is not boring at all.

I must be one of those dumb, below the mean, with regard to IQ, people who don't support DT because I can't figure out what you are saying. Saying the bell curve is "controversial" and wondering whether or not people "believe" in it is, to say the least, confusing.

The bell curve is widely used and I've never heard that the bell curve, in and of itself, is particularly controversial. If someone has a reason to believe the population they are sampling is not "normally" distributed (ie conforms to the bell curve), they use non-parametric statistical techniques which are less affected by outliers as they don't assume any particular distribution. They also use the median (50 percentile....the 50th percentile is....:cwink:) as their measure of central tendency.

As far as believing in it, it is simply a construct developed to help people draw conclusions with a given degree of certainty.

The controversy and belief that I "think" you are talking about is what some people use as measurements; IQ tests and things of that nature and the experimental design they use to gather and analyze the data. THOSE things certainly can be controversial.

Hope that helps, but, I have to say that I'm less than certain that this is getting through......

Yes, because these smarter Trump supporters would totally say they should be able to sit near the border as a vacation spot, shooting illegals like live game, and getting paid for each kill. :whatever:

I just checked out Trump's website and the only issue he mentions is immigration. That's it. That seems to be his focus.

So, like, that's his whole campaign?

I just checked out Trump's website and the only issue he mentions is immigration. That's it. That seems to be his focus.

So, like, that's his whole campaign?

Don't worry. He'll learn about all that other "stuff" when he needs to. He'll sit down with these really smart people who know about all that "stuff" and they'll figure it out. Geeze.....relax already. :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"