Overseer of Ultimate
Reaction score
UltimateLogo.jpg

The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG

Game Founder: Spider-Man9X17
GameMaster: Venom160
Deputy Mod: Peter Parker
Deputy Mod: Noon

This game is similar to the Marvel RPG, only based off of Ultimate continuity.

RULES:
  • Players can choose any hero in the Ultimate Marvel Universe. Players who have proved themselves as good RPer's will also have the option to Ultimize a character, and/or take up a second character. No God-Like characters.
  • Everyone exists in the Ultimate Marvel Timeline. No 616 or other alternate items may be used.
  • No Killing. Unnamed faceless NPC's may be killed, but not comic characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be important to another story.
  • You can go anywhere on Earth, or travel off planet, but do so within your characters means.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use there dialouge. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explanation.
  • Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
  • No Time Travel.
  • You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post, you will be notified by a GM through a Private Message and an OOC post. If, within 48 hours, you do not reply to the PM with an explanation or post in the IC thread, your character will be up for grabs. You may reapply for your character, though others may want to play also.
  • You must have at least 50 posts on the Hype boards to be eligible to play
  • And, of course, all regular rules of the Hype apply.
  • Have fun.
ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

What can you bring to this game?

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:

UltimatesRoster.jpg

RosterUXMcopy.jpg

RosterFFcopy.jpg

RosterHeroescopy.jpg

RosterVillainscopy.jpg

THE ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG'S GREATEST HITS

Coming soon!

REST IN PEACE
The Dead List

Anton Parker AKA Tarantula - The First Clone

Darkdevil

Dusk

Hank McCoy AKA Beast

Mystique (the cat)

Nathan Summers

Natasha Romanov AKA Black Widow

Thor

Bios and References
http://www.ultimatemarveluniverse.com/
http://www.marveldirectory.com/ultimatebios.htm
http://www.mutanthigh.com/alternate...index.html#bios

Last edited:
Woohoo first post!

*Lights up and scratches self*

Screen Name: raindog13

Character you would like to play: Victor Van Damme/Doctor Doom

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Victor van Damme was a member of the Baxter Building Think Tank and inadvertently caused the accident that would give the Fantastic Four their powers. The accident transformed Damme as well—giving him a metallic hide, clawed hands, and cloven goat legs. His powers included enhanced strength, durability, a regenerative healing factor, the ability to fire metal quill-like spikes from his body, and the ability to spew noxious substances from his mouth. He, like the other members of the Think Tank, is a scientific genius as well as an accomplished sorcerer. Doom also wears a suit of high-tech armor equipped with several weapons and devices and also serves as a means of hiding his deformities.

1. Prolly my favorite Marvel villain
2. Noticed the RPG was a little light on villains (or at least it was when I first checked the roster)
3. Had some interesting ideas for Doom

The divine, unrivaled majesty of the brilliant and handsome DOOM.
As many as needed.
yarp.
ultdoomoy9.png

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialogue:

The four of them stood on the scaffold. The crowd amassing around them was growing unruly, shouting jeers and hurling garbage. But they did not flinch. They did not lose their nerve. It was almost admirable.

The soldier marched up the staircase to the top of the platform. He approached a microphone stand and drew a paper scroll from a satchel slung around his shoulders. He unraveled the paper and cleared his throat before speaking into the mike.

“Sire,” he said reading off the paper, “Before you stand Lucia von Bardas, Bram Velsing, Edgar Malkovich, and Hans Beldur, heads of the Latverian Liberation Front, guilty of treason against our state!”

The crowd booed and heckled the four traitors.

“What is their sentence, my lord?”

“Death!” the crowd chanted, “Death! Death! Death!”

I wave my hand and the mob immediately falls silent.

“You have forsaken me. I gave you and everyone else in the beautiful nation all they could ask for: food, water, power, security. And you spit in my face. ‘Latverian Liberation Front’? What are you ‘liberating’ these good people from? Paradise?”

The crowd erupted in cheers and continued their chant. I give another dismissive wave to silence them.

“All I asked for in return was loyalty. And you could not even grant me that. You shall all be punished for your treachery.”

“DEATH!” the crowd screamed.

“Silence! I am not the villain these terrorists portray me to be. They will be punished but their lives shall be spared. These four shall be confined to the dungeons of Castle Doom for life!”

The crowd cheered and applauded.

“Or…” I added, “…or until I feel they have repaid their debt to our wondrous society.”

The mob started up a new chant:

“Hail Doom! Hail Doom!”

Death would have made these treacherous swine martyrs to their followers. Torturing them would strengthen their cause. Their punishment would be worse than death in their eyes—they would serve me.

Can I get a couple made too, BL? I actually would like two banners for Kurt: one in his banshee form, and one in his regular form. The only real difference is yellow smoke instead of purple, so if you wanna just use the pics I've been using for banners that would work great. Thanks man! :)

Done:
yellowncbanerVI.bmp

purplencbannerVi.bmp

ult.gwenbannerVI.bmp

These are great BL but would you mind makin an Angel one with him having long hair? I've been toying with the idea of cutting his hair but I'm not sure if I'm gonna do it yet.

Sure thing, dude:
ult.angelbannerVI-2.bmp

Although it would be nice to see him clean up that mop of his a little. I like short hair Angel. He doesn't look so much like a slob.:oldrazz:

Applications up shortly.:up:

And here... we... go! :hoboj:

Bobby:

Screen Name:
Blacklight

Character you would like to play: Bobby Drake, the Iceman

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Ice manipulation and generation for various uses.

1. Bobby is an awesome character, despite his story usually taking a back seat in the Ultimate X-Men comics, but now I have a chance to tell it.
2. I feel Bobby, like most of the other teenaged characters in the Ult Marvel U, has tons more potential than most of the adult characters in the universe.
3. The X-Men prescence needs to be felt in this game, especially with Nexus and Cable's rise to power happening.

What can you bring to this game? Ice Ice baby...

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: one two four

3230-iceman_400.jpg

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:

So this one time, we were on this mission, right. It was me, Pyro, Kurt, Cyke, Wolverine...wait no...not Wolverine...uh...yeah Wolverine, and we were all takin' on these Brotherhood nutjobs...

Toad jumped out of nowhere and was like "Well well well.... If it isn't the X-Gits."

Then Blob waddled over and said "Duuuh let's squash 'em."

And Wolverine's all like "Why don't you just quit before I gut ya, bub."

SNIKT!

Yeah. His claws have their own sound effects. Pretty cool, huh?

"Heya, Toad? Did yous hear somethin's?"

"Yeah...the sound of us kickin' the bloody snot out of some X-pukes!"

"Duuuh that's what I thought!"

So then Cyclops blasted them a few times and Wolverine slashed at them with his claws. Nightcrawler was all like BAMF! BAMF! BAMF!, and Pyro light them on fire, and then I came in on my ice slide and was like...

"Time to put you guys on ICE!"

And I shot an icebeam and turned them into icicles. But then my team gave me a look.

"Whaaat?"

Then all four of them said to me...

"BOBBY!"

"ENOUGH..."

"VITH ZE..."

"ICE PUNS!"

"Really, Bobby?" The girl asked after I finished the story.

"Yeah. Those were some good times. So how about later, you and I..."

Then, just when I was about to charm her, Cyclops comes over and clears his throat so loudly everyone on the grounds all looked.

"Bobby! What did I tell you about hitting on new students?"

The girl then laughed and walked away.

"Thanks alot, Scott you *****e! I was gonna get lucky!"

"Sure you were, Bobby..."

"..."

Johnny:

Screen Name:
Blacklight

Character you would like to play: Johnny Storm, the Human Torch

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Johnny's external surface, including skin, hair and eyes is covered with a microscopic layer of transparent fireproofing plates, making him fully immune to fire damage. His cells generate plasmajets through clean nuclear fusion, allowing Johnny to emit flame from part or all of his skin, and even to fly. Johnny powers this fusion internally, so if he does not consume enough energy to generate new protective cells regularly, he runs the risk of literally burning himself up. He can also control flame outside of himself, though this has yet to be explained.

1. Johnny was by far one of my favorite characters to play in this RPG and to get him back is an oppurtunity I won't pass up.
2. Comparing my previous run to EBJ's, EBJ's was miles ahead of mine due to my lack of experience and focus, so I want to better myself in playing the character.
3. Johnny is my avorite member of the Fantastic Four.

What can you bring to this game? Hopefully a better Human Torch than last time I played him.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: yes

Okay. Picture this...

You see a guy, on a beautiful private island beach with lots of hot girls in bikinis and a huge stockpile of cash behind him...

You see that guy? Him. Right there in the beach chair sippin' on a mojito. Yeah. That guy. You know who that guy is?

That's me. Ten years from now...

Handsome. Rich. Surrounded by beautiful women. Powerful.

Successful...

Yeah. That's my future. All those things and more. And you wanna know the secret to getting all these things?

Superheroism... Plain and simple.

Yep. That's the secret. Save the world a few times, and all your dreams come true. At least for me anyway...

But Superheroism isn't as easy as it looks. LOTS of nutjobs looking to kill you. LOOOOOTS. Of all shapes and sizes. Some with goat legs, winged feet, metal faces, pointy ears, an army of moles, robotic surfboards, cosmic space energies, fleets of starships, secrets to immortality (which I should really get the downlow on before I hit 35), super-intellects, electricity control, Napoleon complexes, badass looking vehicles you wish you had, Kevin Federline vendettas, super-powered guaunlets, mutant supremacy ideals, fouth-wall breaking dialogue, earth-shattering strength, psychotic tendencies, and not to mention murder addictions.

But hey. If you can stay clear of those types of guys, you're solid!

Getting back on topic though. Not many people get to live their dream. I'm one of the lucky ones. This is my dream. Protecting the planet with my family on a daily basis, and abusing all the little perks that come with the job.

Not to mention kicking a** and taking names...

Johnny Storm. Human Torch. Either works for me. And before I go, I just have one thing to left to say....

"FLAME ON!!!"

Peter:

Screen Name:
Blacklight

Character you would like to play: Peter Parker, The Amazing... Ricochet?

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Peter Parker was just your average teenage nerd attending Midtown High School, until he was bitten by a spider that had been enhanced by the prototype super soldier drug, Oz, and given the arachnid-like abilities of a spider. At first, he used his powers for selfish reasons, and one night when Peter had the oppurtunity to stop a robber, he didn't. That same robber managed to kill Peter's Uncle Ben, which had caused Peter a tremendous amount of guilt for not acting responsibly, and so a hero was born. Using his uncle's advice of "With great power comes great responsibilty" to guide him, Peter became Spider-Man to protect the citizens of New York so they do not share the same fate as his beloved Uncle.

Recently, after a run-in with Nick Fury, Parker had been forced to give up being Spider-Man, so he began to try and live a life free of responsibility, but his beloved girlfriend Mary Jane Watson did not approve of this, so using a new homemade costume made by MJ herself, he took on a new Superhero identity: The Remarkable Ricochet.

Peter/Spider-Man/Ricochet has the powers of enhanced agility and strength, adhesion to any surface, and a spider sense to detect danger. He also has wrist mounted web shooters, and is also a natural genius in the fields of science and physics.

1. I'm a big fan of Spider-Man comics and other Spidey media, and to play him in an RPG would be a great honor
2. I'm more of an Ultimate Spidey fan than 616, so I'd much rather love to play Ultimate Spider-Man.
3. This RPG needs a better class of RPer, and I'm gonna give it to 'em.:hoboj:

What can you bring to this game? I want to write a Spider-Man that can hopefully live up to the legends that wrote him in all the RPGs until now. I'll completely stay true to the character and not do anything that can take away from who he is.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As much as possible

(Not in continuity...)

Wow. Such a beautiful day today in New York City. The sun is shining. The wind is cool and refreshing, and the predominately natural scent of automotive exhaust and 12-inch frankfurters is barely noticeable. It feels calm. Serene. Tranquil. Something I rarely get to experience, given what I do. It feels good. Almost makes me want to sing...

"Don't stop! Believin'!"

As I rocked on to the Journey that played in my head and continued swinging on the fibrous thread of web that I held firmly in my head and between my fingers, I felt a strange feeling in the back of my neck. One that caused me to come to an abrupt halt. It was my spider-sense, and it was going off like the Tin-Man walking through a metal detector.

I gently let go of the line and clung myself to the side of a nearby building to notice my surroundings, taking in every detail. Looking for any irregularity, and that's when I heard it. An alarm. It sounded like a schoolbell, and believe me, I know all too well what that sounds like. Except it was louder, and much more alerting, like it's coming from...

The bank. Luckily it's only a few feet away...

Jumping off of the reflective window, I pressed my middle two fingers into the buttons in the palm of my glove, and watched as the strands of webbing all weaved into one larger line before adhering to the nearest balcony, and with a tremendous amount of momentum, I leapt off the web at the near-top of my swing arc and felt the rush as the wind blew against my masked face, before landing gently on the roof of the bank, before I crawled off the ledge and down the side of the wall, and utilizing the element of surprise, I managed to peer through a window to get a good look of what's going on.

"Well lookie who we have here..."

* * *​

Can you believe this guy? It seems like every other day he's trying to make his big score, but I'm always right around the corner...

"Everyone back up! Now!"

BOOM!!

141908-153069-shocker_super.jpg

"I said, Back the F*** up! I'm not kidding around this time!"

If there is one guy, just one person that I actually hope to see at a bank robbery, it would have to be Herman Schultz, the "Shocker". The guy is so lame, that every time we meet, it ends with him in webs. And lucky me that it's, once again, he who has set off the bank's alarms, and lucky him that his freindly neighborhood Spider-Man happened to be around today to crash the party.

"Pleasure doing business with you. Now if you'll excuse me--"

"Omigod, Taylor Hicks! Fancy seeing you here! Can I have your autograph? I'm a big Idol fan..." I announced as I lowered myself from a webline clinging to the ceiling like a Duncan yo-yo, obstructing his path to the front door.

"Spider-Man!" The crowd of bystanders called out, alerting the Shocker of my prescence.

"Spider-Man! Wh-what are you doing here?"

"I had to make a transaction. It's incredible how much web-shooters cost these days. I blame it on the poor economy..."

"Enough talk, web-head. Get out of my way before I crush you like the bug you are..."

"I agree. No more talking. Let's polka!"

THWIP!

Before he could blink, I shot a small line of web at the dufflebag of cash he had in his right hand, and managed to rip it from his gloved fingers. He looked down at his empty hand before looking to see me gone, clinging to the ceiling and webbing the dufflebag to it. I wasn't worried too much about how the staff will get it down, because the web will disolve in about an hour anyways. Plenty of time for me to take this clown to the cleaners...

Before I got too deep into thought however, my spider sense went off in time for me to dodge one of his vibro-blasts. I then jumped from the ceiling to a nearby pillar, and looked at the Shocker shooting wildly like a maniac. He's gonna bring this place down, and there's too many hostages in here for me to allow him the time he needs to do that.

"C'mon, Hermy. Catch the birdie!" I taunted. He then shot out another deadly discharge, which to his chagrin I again easily avoided.

"Hold still, Spider!"

"God your aim is worse than Dick Cheney's..."

"Ha-ha. Funny, wall-crawler. Let's see how much you laugh when I crush your windpipe..."

"You'll have to catch me first!"

The Shocker then became so enraged that he launched three more vibro-bullets, and with each one I avoided, I came closer and closer to where he stood, which caused him to move back towards the wall and infront of another huge support pillar. Then when he was distracted by my insults, I simultaneously fired two lines of web at him, which had both missed his head by centimeters...

"Hah! You missed, web-head."

"Wasn't aimin' at ya..." I retorted with a smirk, tugging on the pillar behind him and watching it collapse on top of him. It knocked him out cold...

"Night night, Shocky."

In the next moment, I was gone. Swinging throught the skyline of the Big Apple, leaving behind a webbed up supervillain, and a note attatched for the police that read...

Courtesy of your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!

Subscribed!

that is all

Screen Name:
Gallagher

Donald Blake

Donald Blake is homeless man living on the streets of New York. He once worked as a Doctor, yet he rarely speaks of his past, prefering the strong silent stereotype Donald is always keeping the peace between the few friends he has.

Bringing back the big guy

I have something in mind for him

Hes such a great, calm, passive character yet, if pushed, could still hand you your ass within seconds.

A pacifist with a big scary hammer.(maybe)

As many as needed, more if involved in a multi-player arc

Oh ye of little faith.

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line
of dialog:

New York.

The city was bustling once more, the attack by the Surfer's minions left the city itself diminished and in urgent need of repair but if Donny knew of one thing it was that the will of a New Yorker is stronger than the hardest steel.

"Hey man! Hey!" A rowdy college student, clearly drunk but in high spirits, came shambling over to Donny who stood just outside the soup kitchen he had ate at the previous night. Don smiled.

"Yes?"

"You my man, man. You see this guy!? This guy is so ****ing awesome." The young man shouted, throwing his arm over the rather broad shoulders of the blonde vagrant.

"Ha, I think you have me mistaken with somebody else." Laughed Donny, helping keep the man upright as he slurred some more words in his ear.

"No man no, you the guy man. You the man... C-can we get this... this guy here a drink?" The student continued to blurt out. Taking it all in his stride Donald simply chuckled and took the man back to his friends.

"This belong to you?" He quipped, dropping the student into his friends arms.

"Ha, yeah man sorry about that, he got a little bit over excited. Billy never seen a celebrity before man. Here, have a beer."

Absentmindedly Donny took the bottle from the man and looked at him quizzically.

"Celebrity?" He said, tilting his head. A flash and a crack echoed in the sky as it began to rain.

"Damn, well it was nice meeting you man. I gotta get this lightweight home before he hurts himself. Enjoy the beer."
The young man nodded as he threw his friends arm over his shoulder and walked off down the street.

"Wait... who do you think I am?" Don shouted after the man, now throughoughly confused. The man merely chortled.

"OK man you wanna play it that way It's fine. Who you think you are?"

Donny thought on what the man had meant as he turned the corner with his friend.

"My name's Donald... Donald Blake." He said almost to himself.

thorreveal.jpg

"Thanks for the beer."

Screen Name:
Catman_prb

Character you would like to play: Reed Richards

Reed's body has been radically transformed, and his only internal organ is a "bacterial stack" that generates energy (presumably from air) to fuel his body. Lacking a digestive system, he has no need to eat or drink. Similarly, because he has no lungs, Reed doesn't need to breathe in any conventional human sense and can survive in environments lacking oxygen. Reed was recently controlled by the Suit, and after freeing himself, left America to make amends.

1. I need to finish his story.
2. I have some awesome ideas for him.
3. I get to screw NUFD :up:

What can you bring to this game?: A badass Richards?

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: N0opez, lolz, i rz teh gr8st.

Nyanga, Republic of Zimbabwe

Reed pulled the top off the syringe, before jabbing it into the arm of the woman in front of him. She jumped and winced as the metal point dug into her flesh, and continued convulsing, before slowing down, her eyes widening slightly. He pulled it out of her arm and dropped it to the ground, putting two fingers on her neck, checking the pulse. Her husband looked over his shoulder anxiously.

"She'll live, but I can't do any more unless you get her to a hospital," he said, standing up and pulling his gloves off.

His white coat was covered in red dust and his hair had grown slightly longer. His glasses were covered in grime and assorted grit, but he had grown used to seeing through them. The hair on his face had not quite reached a beard, but it certainly hadn't met a razor for many weeks.

He paused for a second. The sound of rotor blades, drawing nearer. Reed rushed out of the small house, directly into the town square that was facing it. Before him were two Black Hawk helicopters, landing smoothly onto the dry ground. He made to move, but a dozen black garbed commandos with SHIELD emblems on their shoulders hopped out, submachine guns aimed squarely at him. He slowly raised his hands.

"Fury," Reed spat.

The director of SHIELD stepped nimbly out of the second helicopter. He was dressed in what appeared to be a designer suit, no tie at the collar. He gave Richards a sarcastic nod.

"How long have you been following me?"

"The day you left New York," he said, with a grin.

"What do you want?" he muttered. Fury's smile faded.

"To cut you an offer. A full pardon for you, you can return to America, your team, Miss Storm," he said.

"What's the catch?"

"I've got a job I need doing,"

Screen Name: Catman_prb

Character you would like to play: Clint Barton

An Olympic archer, Clint Barton went on to become an intelligence agent. Over a decade of service Barton was present for some of history's greatest moments in freedom. While an agent he befriended fellow agent Nick Fury, and the two were key founders of the intelligence agency S.H.I.E.L.D. Eventually Fury rose through the ranks of leadership and Barton became and elite black ops agent known as Hawkeye. After his ex wife and children were killed in the Nexus attack on Manhatten, Clint lost his lover, Black Widow, to another Nexus attack. Moving on from these tragedies he went on a date with Jennifer Walters where he was shot down by an unknown shooter.

1. I played him last season.
2. He's awesome.
3. I need to finish his story.

What can you bring to this game? I have an awesome arc lined up, that I shall need to discuss with my fellow Ultimates (and anyone else who wants in) as soon as possible. And Clint's a key part to it.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I need to.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: ...Well yes
44407-hawkeye_400.jpg

They were at a bar that Clint had frequented often in his youth. He didn't come round much as of late, but the bartender still knew him by sight and had greeted him with a smile. He dragged his guest over to a table in the corner of the bar, where the lights were a little less blinding and the atmosphere a little more relaxed.

"So, Clint, do you have these little drinks with every new Ultimates recruit?" Jennifer Walters asked. Clint smiled and nodded.

"Yup. Mandatory take-you-out-and-make-sure-you-aren't-a-Russian-spy drink. It's got an official name and everything," he said, beckoning the waitress over.

"Whiskey for me and a-" he said, looking at Jennifer invitingly.

"Just a coke for me, thanks," she said smiling.

"And a coke for the pretty lady," he said with an easy smile. Jennifer raised an eyebrow, and Clint shrugged.

"Are you flirting with me?" she said, slight confusion in her voice.

"Are you objecting?"

"...No," Jennifer said thoughtfully.

"Hey," he said "It could be the start of something beautiful,"

Jennifer smiled a little, and made to say something but was interupted by the sound of Clint's cell ringing.

"Perfect timing," he said "One second,"

Clint stood up and walked over to the door of the bar as he answered the cell.

"Barton," he announced.

"We know who you are Mr. Barton,"

"Who is this?" he asked, puzzlement riddling across his face.

"We know everything about you Mr. Barton,"

"Who the hell are you?"

"And guess what Mr. Barton,"

Clint paused.

"We can see you,"

"...****..."

-BANG-

- Screen Name: Gallagher

Susan Storm (The Invisible Woman)

She's called the Invisible Woman for christ sake. What do you think?

Anyway, yes she can turn invisible thanks to light bending powers and can create psychic forcefields, overuse of this power however can be exhausting.

She is strong willed, can have a short fuse and is madly in love with Reed Richards.

I get to play a chick... and cradle Cat's balls!
Boobs n stuff!
Exploding you from the inside out! With Forcefields! AND BOOBS!

The first lady of Marvel. Respect *****es

As many as I damn well please!

Definitely Maybe
sue-twopiece.jpg

The Baxter Building's blue and grey interior sparkled under the harsh lights. Boots connecting with the mirrored floor made a dull clunking noise. Susan Storm of the World Famous Fantastic Four strode down the corridor with a purpose.

"Johnny?"She called out. "Johnny!" She called again to no avail. Reaching the end of the corridor she turned left and came face to face with her wayward brother's door. A note was stuck clumsily to the door.

'Gone drinkin'

Sue read the note as her face went bright red, she tore the misguided attempt at 'letting us know where he is' and crumpled it up in her hand.

"I'm actually going to kill him."

all approved. :up: The IC thread will be up within the next few hours.

*runs off to watch TDK again*

Yay! The RPG is nude!!!!

...*long awkward pause*...

Oh, right...NEW...not nude...

...F***!

I'm not posting apps for my characters. Seems a bit pointless, I bet you're not even reading 'em :p

I just realised, this RPG has been going longer than a lot of TV shows...

I'd read it :)

Granted I have nothing else to do but still... It's the thought that counts.

I just realised, this RPG has been going longer than a lot of TV shows...
Yeah cause this is enjoyable unlike most tv shows that is so bad the only way to describe it's suckiness is having a colonoscopy with a chainsaw.

hmm nothing more than a week, maybe two.

Screen Name:
Peter Parker

Character you would like to play: Mathew Michael Murdock AKA Daredevil

Murdock was blinded as a youth when his eyes came into contact with high levels of radioactive waste. The waste essentially "short-circuited" his optic nerve, permanently blinding the boy. However, his other four senses (touch, taste, smell, and hearing for those of you who didn't pass fourth grade the first few times) function at unparalleled levels. The muscles in his body grew stronger, giving him strength and agility comparable to that of an Olympic grade athlete. His sense of smell was heightened to primal levels, allowing him to track people and gain perceptions of the world around him that others couldn't imagine. His sense of taste was made more acute, granting him the ability to feel subtle changes in temperature. Lastly, Murdock's sense of hearing has given him superhuman balance. He can climb across any surface and, while hearing wind currents, can "see" the events happening before him using echolocation.

When last we saw him, Daredevil had made a deal with the Devil, a deal that landed him in an eternal bond with the demon Set. There was only one problem, though. The demon was like a timebomb within the hero, simply waiting to go off and take over his body and mind when Project: Nexus went into full-swing.

Now, however, that time has come. Nexus has wreaked havoc upon the city and the heroes of earth are barely managing to keep up with the utter chaos and destruction that have started to plague New York. And, now, Matthew Michael Murdock is about to figure out exactly what happened the night Nexus began, how his deal with the devil will unfold, and what's left in-store for his costumed alter-ego, The Man Without Fear.

Daredevil is a character with limitless possibilities for in-depth and specific characterization. The central focus of his stories is that he rarely comes out on top.

2. I've loved reading Daredevil for years. I've been told that my work with him over in OU is good, but I've always felt that my best works comes out in this game.

3. I left a lot of loose ends hanging around when I dropped Daredevil the last time. I intend to pick up right where I left off with Matthew Murdock, getting him back to the basics of his story.

What can you bring to this game?:
An above-average writer with a passion for the character he will be playing.

When my schedule is back to a state of relative normalcy, I'll be able to post very frequently. However, at this point, I think that a post once every three to four days is going to be pushing it.

Yes.

Sample post:

Daredevil - The Man Without Fear

Sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. These are the five senses of the human body; these are the five tools which human beings have been given by Mother Nature and natural selection to help them survive in this chaotic, unforgiving world. Five basic abilities built into the human genome, all of which are critical for survival.

Matthew Michael Murdock lacks one of them: sight. At a young age, he lost his ability to see in a freak encounter with radioactive waste. Nurtured by his alcoholic father, Murdock learned that, in life, things aren't always easy, and the world isn't always kind.

His father taught him to be fearless; to never stop fighting for what he wanted or believed in. His brashness and quick temper earned Matthew the name "Daredevil" when he was ridiculed by his classmates.

The name stuck.

Now, at 24 years old, Murdock lurks in the shadows of his neighborhood, trying to reconcile the life he leads as The Man Without Fear with the one he's slowly leaving behind as Matthew Murdock.

No matter what happens in his life, though, Matt Murdock will always be a watchful protector of the people of Hell's Kitchen; inspiring the people to fight their way out of the darkness they live in each day. To an extent, he'd done so... he's helped people back into the light. If for no other reason than because they know that when they set foot out of their homes and apartments, they're safe. They're watched by a silent, guardian Devil. A man without fear, boundaries, or limits when it comes to protecting his people.

Daredevil1-2.jpg

A Daredevil.

Screen Name:
Peter Parker

Character you would like to play: Tony Stark AKA The Invincible Iron Man

What to say about good ol' Anthony Stark? He's a billionaire, a drunkard, and a guy in a suit of armor. Did I mention drunkard?

Powered armor.

Shameless flirtation.

Al-co-hol.

A consistent smattering of Iron Man posts. :up:

Enough.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yes

A cut lay just above Tony Stark's right eye, and he ran his index finger slowly and deliberately along the wound. Stark sat quietly in his office at Stark Tower. The lights were off, a half-finished glass of gin sat on the desk before him. The billionaire turned slowly in his chair, gazing out of the window absently. Pillars of smoke still rose between the concrete alleyways and streets from where Azrael had unleashed his attack.

"What has happened?" Stark muttered aloud to himself.

The sun shone over the city, reflecting off of the harbor, casting a brightness over Stark's dulled eyes. Without shifting in his chair, Stark reached backwards and picked up his drink. Slowly, and without hesitation, he brought it to his lips, finishing the glass in a long, single sip. A tie hung loosely around his neck, creased from sitting in his briefcase for so long. The industrialist's lackies and assistants had scheduled a press conference for later that evening. Though the last thing he wanted to do on an evening like this was address the public, someone had to do it. Even as he sat stroking the gash on his forehead, Stark realized that that "someone" had to be him. After his use of his nanites to eliminate dozens of hybrids, the public would surely want to make a villain out of him and his armored alter-ego.

Picture3.png

Stark smiled in spite of his situation, though, as he gazed out above the city. Everyone, each inhabitant of the Big Apple, would want someone to blame, someone to levy their guilt and anguish upon. While Tony Stark might be too formidable and recognizable of a figure to be made into the "bad guy," Iron Man was still a mystery, despite the public's knowledge of his identity. And that, the enigmatic aura that surrounded his alter-ego, was whate made Stark so confident. The fact of the matter was that however wrong may exist in the city, however many things might go wrong, the people of New York would always have someone to blame other than themselves.

The city had endured too much suffering as it was. Even Antonio Stark wasn't big enough to condemn it to anymore.

As he sat, Stark heard the door to his office open behind him.

"Mr. Stark." Pepper's voice echoed throughout the glass office. "It's time."

Stark's head dipped. It wasn't every day that he thrashed his reputation in the press.
"I'm on my way." He replied, straightening up out of his chair.

Potts, placed her armful of files on a nearby coffee table and briskly made her way towards her employer.

"What're you doing?" Stark asked quietly.

"Your tie is a mess." She growled, adjusting the silk garment draped over Stark's neck.

"Pepper." Stark sighed, realizing that her fuddling with his tie was simply a means of putting off the inevitable. Her gaze was utterly fixated upon the knot just below his chin, fumbling with it over and over again.

"Pepper." He said, once more, wrapping his hands around hers.

Her shoulders dipped, as she continued to glare at the knot. Slowly, her eyes fell to the floor, and her body loosened.

"I'll tell the media you're coming." She said, turning on her heel and returning to her stack of folders.

The door slammed behind her, and Stark stood for a moment with his hands at his sides, wondering what he was going to do with himself. Nodding quietly, he adjusted his tie and made his way through the office to the front door, leaving the office behind him to sit in the setting sun vacant.

The elevator ride to the ground floor was short, and gave Stark little time, if any, to compose his thoughts. With a natural talent for public speaking, he found little need to even write down his thoughts, remarks, or talking points. When they needed to, his words simply seemed to flow.

As soon as he stepped into the lobby of his building, flashbulbs captured Stark's image.

Silently, he made his way to a podium that had been erected and placed his hands on the side of the pedestal.

There was a distinct hum and murmur as everyone in the crowd waited for Tony Stark to begin.

The microphone was on, tape decks were recording, and the cameras were rolling. Everything was ready. All he had to do was speak.

"I don't know what to say, really." Stark muttered. "In the past month, we've seen some of the hardest days our country has faced as a nation. And, yet, it all has come down to today."

As he grew more comfortable, he eased his right hand into the corresponding pants pocket and continued.

"Either we can come together and heal, now, as a city... or... we're going to crumble. Day by day, minute by minute, until we're finished."

With his free hand, Stark pointed at a steady column of smoke rising in the distance. His hand remained fixed on the pillar as he spoke.

"We're in Hell, right now, my friends. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the s**t kicked out of us, or... we can climb our way back."

His hand rose slightly, now pointing at the setting sun.

"Into the light. We can climb out of Hell... even if it is only one day at a time."

Stark's hand found its way back to the podium.

"No one person can do it for us, though. I walk down the streets of this city and I think. I mean, I've betrayed every confidence that's ever been placed in me. I've kept hold of all my money, believe it or not. I've chased off..."

His eyeline met with Pepper's and Rhodey's before dipping to the ground. He dared not face anyone.

"Anyone who's ever loved me. And, you know, lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. I have billions of dollars, and I use it to make this, this building, this... empire. When, in all honesty, I should be using it to help people. Without people, ladies and gentlemen, I would be nothing. People put me where I am, people are directing me where to go, and people will see me out when I die... a time that, as anyone familiar with me knows, is looming nearer daily."

Stark felt a clench in his stomach and ran his hand up his torso, feeling a silver flask in his breast pocket. He clenched it through the fabric for a second, debating whether or not to sip from it. Drinking would only help to alleviate his pain, he wouldn't lose control, slur, or let something slip from his tongue.

Yet, even so, he replaced his hand at the podium, as flashbulbs blew.

"I've made my share of mistakes. That much is certain. I've... hurt more goddamned people than I'd care to admit in this life. Whether with the Iron Man project, my hording of my money, or even my self-destructive pattern of behavior." At this, again, he glanced at Potts. "No-one is left unscathed for knowing me."

"For months, years, even, I have been fine with this style of living. In short, I've told the world to go to hell, as I've driven myself there in a silver sportscar with a bottle of gin in-hand. I've lived a life of cavalier and hubris... a life that came to a head about a week ago."

Never before had anyone in the audience, including Potts or even James Rhodes, experienced such a candid moment with the elusive figure known as Antonio Stark. His typical demeanor was one of arrogance and self-assuredness. For once, Stark was neither. His humanity, now, was showing through, and it became plainly evident just how very much he loved the city of New York.

"As everyone in the general public and the media are now aware, the city of New York was viciously and uncompromisingly attacked two weeks ago. A virus unleahed itself upon our people. Our friends. Our neighbors, and our brothers. The safest and most effective method of putting this threat to bed was to do just that... to eliminate the problem."

Stark, for once, found it difficult for himself to find words.

"The only issue with that theory is that the 'problem' in this case... the dilemma... involved human lives. Beneath the fangs, the silver skin, and the cold eyes... those people were still New Yorkers. I know - I know that I didn't have a right to do what I did. I know that I'll be punished. I'll be shunned, I'll be ostracised, and you will lose your faith in me. For that, and for my actions, I am most humbly and deeply sorry. To you, New York, I am endebted. My livelyhood, usefulness, and... vindication... all rely upon you. But, look."

He pointed into the sky once more, at a symbol far in the distance above anyone's head.

51411lqTP_w-1.jpg

"That building is still standing tall. Just as our city is. And for that, my friends, I will make noapologies."

"Make no mistake, ladies and gentlemen, I dare not make light of the lives that anyone has lost in the struggle against the many challenges this city faces, but.... we are what we are. What is done is done. What has been made... cannot be unmade."

Stark's hand emerged from his pocket, and he gazed out over the crowd as he carefully chose his final remarks.

"It reminds me of a poem my father read to me when I was a much younger man than I am now. Though written in 1833, Tennyson's Ulysses holds as much weight today as the day it was first written. It tells the story of Ulysses, a great warrior of Greece, and, on one voyage, his ship is wrecked. His crew lay strewn about the broken planks and piece of their vessel. The beach is gritty beneath their feet, and it looks that none will survive the night. Through the mist and foams, Ulysses rises upon a rock and glances down at his friends, soldiers, and wards. He gazes upon them, not knowing what to say at first, and they gaze back, eager. At last, he speaks."

Stark's tone grew quieter.

"It may be that the gulfs will wash us down.
It may be that we shall touch the happy isles
and see the great Achilles whom we knew.
Though much is taken, much abides.
And, though we are not now that strength which in old days
moved both Earth and Heaven,
that which we are, we are.
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate.
But, strong in will.
To strive, to seek, to find.
And not to yield."

He nodded quietly to himself.

"We have face triumphs and disasters alike, my friends. We have stood the test of time as a symbol and a model for all other statesmen to look up to. Our experiences have only served to embolden us. We will not, not ever, yield."

Anthony felt his eyebrows lift.

"No matter what 'they' throw at us. Thank you."

Silently, he stepped down from the podium, ignoring the questions hurled at him by the media. His elevator was waiting for him.

The day was done.

Night had set upon New York City as Stark finished his speech.

NewYorkNight.jpg

And, like every evening that had come before it, a new day would follow this one.

your approved dude. :up:

Mr. Marko I hope you don't mind the slight bunnying. Let me know if you want me to edit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"