The unAUTHENTIC DC Boards Lounge version 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Cause it was cheap (half off list price with free car charger and thingy that lets you listen to it through the car speaker), and I had one before. Got the Zune Marketplace software and all that. So, yeah, why not?

You know what I just bought? A Zune HD. Yeah, they're still around :awesome:

I went to the store a few months back to buy a new mp3 player after my ZEN died. I saw a couple of Zunes on the display, and I was utterly shocked to know they still existed. And since I don't use iTunes and don't mind looking for cheaper alternatives to the iPod...

...I bought a Walkman.

'Cause it was cheap (half off list price with free car charger and thingy that lets you listen to it through the car speaker), and I had one before. Got the Zune Marketplace software and all that. So, yeah, why not?

Cuz it's a Zune. :o

I went to the store a few months back to buy a new mp3 player after my ZEN died. I saw a couple of Zunes on the display, and I was utterly shocked to know they still existed. And since I don't use iTunes and don't mind looking for cheaper alternatives to the iPod...

...I bought a Walkman.

My Zen still works. Amazingly enough.

...I bought a Walkman.

Yeah, I think they've basically discontinued the Zune line and fused it with the whole Windows 7 Phone thing they've got now. I actually thought of getting one of the newer Walkman's to replace my GoGear, but when I saw how much reduced in price this Zune HD was, and what it came with for free, I went with it.

Cuz it's a Zune. :o

I liked my old one :o

Before it died on me :(

My Zen still works. Amazingly enough.

Mine started having battery issues. I bought it way back in 2007, and it reached the point where the battery could only hold its charge for about 30 minutes. I checked Creative's website for a replacement battery, but they no longer carried accessories for that old model.

My track record with mp3 player's is astonishingly bad. I got an iPod shuffle awhile back, and it just stopped working. My Zune's internal motor clicked itself to death. And my GoGear froze up and never warmed up.

I've had mine for about that long now. The screen is fuzzy, but it still works just fine.

It'll probably go out sooner or later though.

I gotta admit...I'll miss it. :(

I mean, what will happen to the soundtrack of my life?

All this Kirkman talk...so no one loves Irredeemable Ant Man? That **** was gold. I guess that's not really mainstream, but it was within the Marvel universe.

I hope Edgar Wright's movie is basically that. :o

I have the whole series, and yeah, I enjoyed it. Haven't really read it since it came out, though.

All this Kirkman talk...so no one loves Irredeemable Ant Man? That **** was gold. I guess that's not really mainstream, but it was within the Marvel universe.

I picked up the first two digests and sold them to a used book store a few days later. I didn't get any of the hype.

ahaha I clicked this thread and for some reason it was a few pages behind. I just posted right away, didn't realize that discussion ended pages ago.
Manic, what didn't you like? Are the sexual adventures of shield agents not interesting?

I don't. I f**king want PYM DAMMIT!!!

I mean, what will happen to the soundtrack of my life?

You know, weirdly, I have been composing a playlist of 20 or so songs that are both my favorite, and I consider defining to some degree to me (even though all to a very small degree).

So, far, the list is small

Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads
This Must be the Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads
World at Large - Modest Mouse
Lady Stardust - David Bowie
Do you Realize?? - The Flaming Lips
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1 - The Flaming Lips
Teenage Dream - T.Rex (possibly)
A Day in the Life - The Beatles (possibly)

The quest continues.

Oh yeah, I think it's a given I'd want Pym too, even if I liked O'Grady for the complete and total ass that he was.

I don't. I f**king want PYM DAMMIT!!!

Yeah, Pym is the better character. But I think Wright's film isn't going to be as serious as the rest of the Marvel films. Plus, the story fits Wright's style like a glove.

It all depends if they want it to fit with the rest of the marvel film continuity.

You know, weirdly, I have been composing a playlist of 20 or so songs that are both my favorite, and I consider defining to some degree to me (even though all to a very small degree).

So, far, the list is small

Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads
This Must be the Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads
World at Large - Modest Mouse
Lady Stardust - David Bowie
Do you Realize?? - The Flaming Lips
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1 - The Flaming Lips
Teenage Dream - T.Rex (possibly)
A Day in the Life - The Beatles (possibly)

The quest continues.

I tend to just put my s**t on shuffle and it cycles through 3000 plus songs seemingly intuitive of my mood.

When I got caught cheating on an ex? Hey by the Pixies.

During a pregnancy Scare on two different occasions? Brick by The Ben Folds Five and Daddies Eyes by The Killers.

When I got shot. Who Shot ya by the Notorius BIG.

I swear this thing is effin' magical. :o

Yeah, Pym is the better character. But I think Wright's film isn't going to be as serious as the rest of the Marvel films. Plus, the story fits Wright's style like a glove.

It all depends if they want it to fit with the rest of the marvel film continuity.
They should. It's already a goddamn crime that Pym isn't gonna be one of the founding Avengers in the movieverse. :facepalm:

I tend to just put my s**t on shuffle and it cycles through 3000 plus songs seemingly intuitive of my mood.

When I got caught cheating on an ex? Hey by the Pixies.

During a pregnancy Scare on two different occasions? Brick by The Ben Folds Five and Daddies Eyes by The Killers.

When I got shot. Who Shot ya by the Notorius BIG.

I swear this thing is effin' magical. :o

Hah, cool. You see, whenever I put any of my stuff on shuffle, it would always just give me Beatles stuff with a sprinkle of Bowie, Pixies and assorted other thing. And the thing is...I don't even have that damn much Beatles in my library. Most of what I have is what people bought me assuming I love The Beatles, too, oddly enough. I mean, I like them and all, but it's like the universe is trying very hard to get me to love them as much as everyone else.

The journey continues.

They should. It's already a goddamn crime that Pym isn't gonna be one of the founding Avengers in the movieverse. :facepalm:
Ha, don't worry, Wright will probably never make it. :awesome:

Hah, cool. You see, whenever I put any of my stuff on shuffle, it would always just give me Beatles stuff with a sprinkle of Bowie, Pixies and assorted other thing. And the thing is...I don't even have that damn much Beatles in my library. Most of what I have is what people bought me assuming I love The Beatles, too, oddly enough. I mean, I like them and all, but it's like the universe is trying very hard to get me to love them as much as everyone else.

The journey continues.

Yeah, I'm not SUPER into the Beatles. I dig a lot of their stuff but I'm not a die hard or anything.

Personally, I prefer the Kinks.

Shocking I know. :o

ahaha I clicked this thread and for some reason it was a few pages behind. I just posted right away, didn't realize that discussion ended pages ago.
Manic, what didn't you like? Are the sexual adventures of shield agents not interesting?

It was amazingly boring. The humor wasn't that funny, the action was kind "meh," and I didn't particularly like O'Grady as a character. Action, comedy, and/or character-based storytelling are the things I usually look for.

Yeah, I'm not SUPER into the Beatles. I dig a lot of their stuff but I'm not a die hard or anything.

Personally, I prefer the Kinks.

Shocking I know. :o

Yeah, about the same for me. But I bought the One album, and I've gotten three other albums as birthday gifts under the assumption that 'Oh, I figured you loved the Beatles', and one a friend pretty much forced on me as 'Every Beatle fan should at least have the White album on their computer.'

So, yeah, I feel like something, somewhere is trying to tell me something here.

It was amazingly boring. The humor wasn't that funny, the action was kind "meh," and I didn't particularly like O'Grady as a character. Action, comedy, and/or character-based storytelling are the things I usually look for.
But that's the brilliance of it! You're not supposed to like him! He's irredeemable! Get it?!

That's about half of the responses I got whenever I shocked everyone on the Marvel board by saying I thought O'Grady was a totally worthless dick a while back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"