The Van Damme Appreciation Thread

I stand corrected.

Second best.

But you are right, though, it was a really good action flick. I remember watching Siskel & Ebert when it came out and being amazed at how enthusiastic they were for it. They were right, it was, and continues to be, an absolute blast.

Peter Hyams is in general an underrated filmmaker. Outland, Capricorn One and 2010 all very underrated.

I have to admit I loved his lines in Street fighter :D

he has a very funny walk.

You'd walk funny too if you had a perpetual *****.

Seriously though, Van Damme had one of the best asses ever seen on a man...and his movies made damn sure to remind you of it. :o

Best Van Damme moment ever!!!!

No, THIS is the best Van Damme moment ever!

i5d7d3.gif

he was the first version of the predator. it was bad.....really bad. it was before Winston was called. thank god.

The rumour has it that it's Van Damme that's running in the woods. Yet, Van Damme has said himself, he did't do anything. Because he wanted to do Bloodsport, so he was falling over and complaing all the time. He backed out. Thank the lords... and we got the great Kevin Peter Hall. May he rest in peace.

Van Damme's Street Fighter is a billion times better then the pos Fox gave us a few months ago.

The only Van Damme film that I really liked was John Woo's US debut Hard Target. :awesome:

Otherwise, I have not seen many films of Van Damme. :O

I always thought that Van Damme could of been a great Batman like Micheal Keaton....And be that isolated Bruce Wayne aswell.

Van Damme could fight so he get Batman down pat....And sure people was laughing when they heard the guy from Mr. Mom was gonna play Batman.

I don't know why people take the mickey out of Lundgren and Van Damme.
Today's so called action stars are pitiful!!

We need more movies with Van Damme and more new action stars.

Umm yea,he's an idiot for turning down Sly's Expendables.

What's he got coming up next?A direct to dvd flick called "Karate".Hilarious.

Umm yea,he's an idiot for turning down Sly's Expendables.

What's he got coming up next?A direct to dvd flick called "Karate".Hilarious.

agreed on that, van damme must be nuts for turning stallone down.

for me, if van damme had done expendables, it would definitely have made it better.
why van damme? why!!

at least lundgren had brains!

Sudden Death was really the only movie I ever liked of Van Damme...because it was mostly just a straight up action film with no martial arts. Van Damme's martial arts movies were all blah to me. I grew up in Japan and saw a ton of bootlegs of prime Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Sammo, Yuen Biao, Gordon Liu, etc. So after being spoiled by those talents for so long it was weird coming back to the states to find people raving over the mediocrity of Van Damme (and Seagal).

agreed on that, van damme must be nuts for turning stallone down.

for me, if van damme had done expendables, it would definitely have made it better.
why van damme? why!!

at least lundgren had brains!

And Dolph Lundgren knows how to promote. He was on g4 Attack of the Show and Fox News to promote 'Command Performance' which came out this week (Saw it. It was okay/good).

Karate became 'The Tower' according to VanDammeFan.net

No updates on The Eagle Path that I know of.

Universal Soldier: Regeneration comes out on DVD/Blu-ray Jan 5th 2010. It will have commentary with director and Lundgren and making of. (No Van Damme on commentary.) Van Damme seems like...yea...he had no choice but to make the movie and because of that seems...like he doesn't want to promote it. He only did movie because of a breach of contract, which happened from quitting The Smashing Machine weeks before it filmed.

How you think he would of done as Wolverine?....I think a guy like him more suited for heroes like Punisher and Batman....Wolverine a little too much....Maybe.

How you think he would of done as Wolverine?....

^Don't know how he would have done as Wolverine but he probably wouldn't need to train that much for the character as Hugh Jackman did and height would have still been an issue.

It was the only comic book character he was considered for, from what I know.

Here's the link to a thread that I created about all the other actor's considered for the role of Wolverine before Hugh Jackman got the part.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=331272

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"