The Van Damme Appreciation Thread

Never cared for him. Just one of the many arrogant no-talents(Norris, Seagal) who sure as hell wouldn't have been leading men if R-rated action movies weren't all the craze in the 80s to early 90s.

Just watched Death Warrant on hulu. good times.
Van Damme might be seriously cheesy at times, but thats not a bad thing.
I love Hard Target.

The warehouse shootout in Hard Target is easily one of the best gunfight ever orchestrated in cinema.

The warehouse shootout in Hard Target is easily one of the best gunfight ever orchestrated in cinema.

That was a brilliant shootout! :awesome:

If there is one thing that John Woo does really well, it's orchestrating one of the best shootouts.

Last edited:
Hard target? this Hard target? ;)

am i the only one who expected worse?

Didn't Dolph's character get shredded at the end of the 1st one? Or as Van would say- "You're discharged....sarge"

How does one come back from something like that?

Regardless, I'll be seeing this for sure!

Didn't Dolph's character get shredded at the end of the 1st one? Or as Van would say- "You're discharged....sarge"

How does one come back from something like that?

Regardless, I'll be seeing this for sure!

It is supposed to be a clone.

jcvd.jpg

Well, he was set to do 'The Smashing Machine' (MMA type movie) but backed out after signing the contract. He claimed the budget and shooting days were being cut after he signed the contract. So.....it was either be sued for breach of contract or do this movie. Van Damme chose a new UniSol movie but only did a few weeks on it. :-)huh: I'm not sure, like 2 or 3 weeks?). Lundgren did only 5 days on the movie btw and only did the movie because of the director.

Since Sony Pictures already had rights to The Smashing Machine, they automatically got the rights to the new UniSol movie.

I just saw this on another site and scratching my head as to why? I thought all was said and done in the last one.

universalsolregenart1.jpg

Sony has been wanting to do another Universal Soldier movie for years now. Long story short...Van Damme breached contract and had no choice but to do this one.

This movie doesn't ignore or embrace the events of Universal Soldier: The Return.

Why didn't Jean Claude get top billing on the DVD cover?

Even Dolph got billed ahead of Van Damme, "AH HELLZ NO!"

Why didn't Jean Claude get top billing on the DVD cover?

Hard to explain. It's the same way in both official trailers.

Even Dolph got billed ahead of Van Damme, "AH HELLZ NO!"

Yep.

Also...the NEW trailer.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2ft6A8s_VU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2ft6A8s_VU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Not much different from the first one.

1. The Sony Pictures Home Entertainment logo is gone and at the end of the trailer is the *new* release date. Pushed back a second time now to Feb 9th 2010. The first two dates were Jan 5th and Feb 2nd 2010.
  2. Various shots are added in this trailer, BUT shots from the other trailer are taken out for a shorter trailer.
  3. Even though this trailer doesn't flow as good as the first one, Sony is going all out with promoting this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"