The Venom Discussion

American_Hobo said:
well Venom was the reason why i started to like Spiderman..but other than him....it's Carnage..(oh yeah Carnage doesn't count either,right?..because they're same alien symbitoe friends), then it's Mysterio.

Friends? I think you man foes

GoldGoblin said:
I wonder how much they would change his look in the movie,or would they make him look exactly the way he looks in comics/cartoon.

The only change I could see is the white squares on top of his hands and his emblem on his chest/back.

i hope he looks exactly same as comic.(original looks by McFarlene)

I don't think it's confirmed yet, but we really need venom in this one, if what they say is true about only being 3 movies.

he's the one we wanted from the beginning, but couldn't have coz they had to introduce the key characters and not have EVERYTHING in the first movie blah blah blah.

Also, we can't possibly watch another gg again. not even the mainstream would think it's worth their money.

(ps. if i've said anything noobi-ish, i apologise, i hang around more at the superman movie site and aren't really up to date on this one. Now if that's not asking for flamers, i don't know what is :D )

I rally want him in 3 too but it's impossible b/c his origin is pretty long and it won't work for 1 film

for spider-man fans, it'll be the biggest anti-climax of the year

we don't need Venom in the third one, they gotta finish the GG story and then in the 4th and 5th Venom can show up

Morg said:
we don't need Venom in the third one, they gotta finish the GG story and then in the 4th and 5th Venom can show up

^Your right.I hope spidey wears the symbiote in S-M4 fighting the Lizard and then facing Venom in S-M5.It would be perfect that way.

ohmshalone said:
Also, we can't possibly watch another gg again. not even the mainstream would think it's worth their money.

This is going to be the series' Achille's Heel.

We've already seen a Goblin. Now we're going to see another one. How exciting will that really be? I know it does not excite me, for one, and I'm a fan.

How excited is the general public going to be, do you think? That is exactly what casual viewers are going to say: "Meh.... seen it before."

2 already did not do as well as hoped. How well is a movie with a redundant villain going to do? [Sandman is pretty much a nonentity to me unless he's in the Six. Bfd, I'm not impressed.] This isn't the "Evil Dead" series after all: where you have a series of films devoted to the same theme, aimed at a relatively small audience who gets the inside jokes. 3 should be aimed at a much broader audience.

3 is most likely going to do even less than 2, and this, NOT everyone's favorite "franchise-killing" bogeyman Venom, is what's going to stop further films from being made. Just you wait.

All we can do is hope Sony green-lites a spin-off project to capitalize on the current series' decreasing synergy so we can see something decent. I admit it. I am bored of goblins.

Just freakin' bored of them.

...What would it take to get me in that theatre?:

fgoblin1.jpg

Something that jaw-droppingly cool, that's what. But are we gonna get that? HAH. I don't think so. They'll either redo the current armor [which I like, but I've SEEN IT ALREADY, and seen it on someone way better than Franco, too] or we'll get some Halloween-goblin foofaraw that... God, let's don't go there.

I'm gonna find me the sincerest pumpkin-patch I can find, go camp out in it on a night of the full moon, and beseech the night-time sky with this mighty cry:

O GREAT VENOM, *WHERE ARE YOU??!!!*

Symbiotica said:
I'm gonna find me the sincerest pumpkin-patch I can find, go camp out in it on a night of the full moon, and beseech the night-time sky with this mighty cry:

O GREAT VENOM, *WHERE ARE YOU??!!!

icon14.gif

Symbiotica said:
This is going to be the series' Achille's Heel.

We've already seen a Goblin. Now we're going to see another one. How exciting will that really be? I know it does not excite me, for one, and I'm a fan.

How excited is the general public going to be, do you think? That is exactly what casual viewers are going to say: "Meh.... seen it before."

2 already did not do as well as hoped. How well is a movie with a redundant villain going to do? [Sandman is pretty much a nonentity to me unless he's in the Six. Bfd, I'm not impressed.] This isn't the "Evil Dead" series after all: where you have a series of films devoted to the same theme, aimed at a relatively small audience who gets the inside jokes. 3 should be aimed at a much broader audience.

3 is most likely going to do even less than 2, and this, NOT everyone's favorite "franchise-killing" bogeyman Venom, is what's going to stop further films from being made. Just you wait.

All we can do is hope Sony green-lites a spin-off project to capitalize on the current series' decreasing synergy so we can see something decent. I admit it. I am bored of goblins.

Just freakin' bored of them.

Thats why I wanted to see Venom in sm3. We have already seen GG and Hobby is the same thing.

Symbiotica said:

fgoblin1.jpg

Something that jaw-droppingly cool, that's what. But are we gonna get that? HAH. I don't think so. They'll either redo the current armor [which I like, but I've SEEN IT ALREADY, and seen it on someone way better than Franco, too] or we'll get some Halloween-goblin foofaraw that... God, let's don't go there.

Is that another one of your statues?
:)

Symbiotica said:

fgoblin1.jpg

OMG! :eek: That's excellent

Is that pic suppose too be a armor mask or a latex mask,because if it's a armor mask,why did Raimi pass on it?

I really hope that the fact that this particular sticky villain thread has remained while others have been moved doesn't mean that Venom is now officially in for SM3. :(

It doesn't. It was simply a moderator trying to sort out the forums because of complaints. :)

Hahaha...Venom and Black Cat are in SM3 according to the stickies.

The Lizard said:
I really hope that the fact that this particular sticky villain thread has remained while others have been moved doesn't mean that Venom is now officially in for SM3. :(

Don't worry my reptilian friend, I wanted to make a good thread where all the "venom" threads kept spawning in the SM-3 forums, that if need be, can be merged into this one as well. Because we all know about it, they breed like rabbits. I want to keep it under control, so hopefully this stays here and all the Venom threads can be intertwined into this one. I just logged on and noticed alot of threads missing, theres probarbly going to be a million threads of why the threads were movied. Im just trying to help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"