The Venom Discussion

venom4life said:
Okay, a little queston for everyone;

What origin do you prefer for the symbiote?

Alien?
Man-Made?
Unknown all together?

Alien

venom-big.jpg

found that in another post on the hype... i think it looks pretty friggin sweet.

Bad news guys.

(THo good for some of you)

IMDB dropped Topher Grace completely from it's list of Cast members. So I imdb'd his bibliography, and he's not listed.

So either Raimi is freakin' out cuz of how much is getting out, or the guys who can't tolerate an Ultimate Spider-man based Venom in the movie got to him and the producers.

Either way....I hope it's just they're trying to pretend he's not in it.

"SURPRISE! crap..they found out...HIT 'EM AGAIN!"

st jimmy86 said:
Bad news guys.

(THo good for some of you)

IMDB dropped Topher Grace completely from it's list of Cast members. So I imdb'd his bibliography, and he's not listed.

So either Raimi is freakin' out cuz of how much is getting out, or the guys who can't tolerate an Ultimate Spider-man based Venom in the movie got to him and the producers.

Either way....I hope it's just they're trying to pretend he's not in it.

"SURPRISE! crap..they found out...HIT 'EM AGAIN!"

imdb isn't really reliable

How is that? Hollywood agents INFORM the site of what should be on there. Hollywood is more involved in that then most of the other filmography crap you get out there from college theater students.

Either way, he was on it a month ago.

I don't wanna believe it either. That means their re-working the whole script. they got the LIZARD listed now.

Personally? I think that's gay. You can't do Hobgoblin, Lizard, and Sandman. Where are they going with this? Sinister Six?

ANd yeah. Man made.

Alien is too campy. They have to apply to more than comic fans. There are 18 year old couples who see action flicks going to this too.

st jimmy86 said:
How is that? Hollywood agents INFORM the site of what should be on there. Hollywood is more involved in that then most of the other filmography crap you get out there from college theater students.

Either way, he was on it a month ago.

I don't wanna believe it either. That means their re-working the whole script. they got the LIZARD listed now.

Personally? I think that's gay. You can't do Hobgoblin, Lizard, and Sandman. Where are they going with this? Sinister Six?

lizard has been on there the whole time and there has been several instances where imdb is wrong on info

I never saw him actually listed as the lizard though, just Dylan Baker-Doctor Connors.

I always assumed if he did to a lizard thing, it would be like on a TV like the scorpion in the background of Jameson's office in 2.

Or the opening scene would just be him taking down lizard. ANd that would be that. Now he's in the list of main people, in the first like 18 actors. and Grace is GONE. how would grace's name just disappear? I think maybe Raimi asked them to pull it, cuz if he is Venom, Sam (no offense guy, not that u read this) looks like a real ass. "I'll never do Venom".

st jimmy86 said:
I never saw him actually listed as the lizard though, just Dylan Baker-Doctor Connors.

I always assumed if he did to a lizard thing, it would be like on a TV like the scorpion in the background of Jameson's office in 2.

Or the opening scene would just be him taking down lizard. ANd that would be that. Now he's in the list of main people, in the first like 18 actors. and Grace is GONE. how would grace's name just disappear? I think maybe Raimi asked them to pull it, cuz if he is Venom, Sam (no offense guy, not that u read this) looks like a real ass. "I'll never do Venom".

well the consensus (sp?) is that sam was pressured by higher ups (sony) to do the whole venom thing because he's so popular (i'm not a big fan however, i'm older and like the classic villains better)

Dont get me wrong, classic venom was a genius villain. Hands down, next to Goblin, the ultimate Rival.

But Ultimate Spider-Man's venom was more tangible, realistic, for the non-fan based viewers of the movie. I will be very surprised if he's in it and he's an alien and if Harry is Green Goblin II and not Hobgoblin. Cuz non cannon audience fans will just...not get it.

You know what though, it says John Jameson, Man wolf. There's no way they make him into manwolf.

Honestly there's no way they got him in it....unless they really are doing sinister six.

Whoa....harry assembles villains to kill spider-man? a little corny...

CrypticOne said:
SM3- Introduce Venom
SM4- Spidey vs. Venom
SM5- Spidey vs. Lizard/Kraven
SM6- Spidey vs. Venom vs. Carnage

This is the way I see it.
hope so...but not kraven just lizard...but all the rest is good :p

Uh-uh.

This is the last one. At least the last one Raimi wants to deal with. He said it should be a trilogy.
He was on something on HBO talking about how he wanted to keep it to a legacy and trilogy, but I can see how Kirsten saying "the third villain isn't a villain til the end" can lead into venom. Maybe Raimi did keep his word. Maybe the black suit is used until the end when Gwen dies, and spider-man tears it off, Eddie finds it, and ....then Spider-Man 4...which Raimi then will not direct. Hence, he never really did use venom.

if this pic of grace as brock is old news then how come i havent seen it on the threads?

sp3cd6.jpg

never mind there seems to be more pics on the peters photo gallery thread

venom4life said:
Okay, a little queston for everyone;

What origin do you prefer for the symbiote?

Alien?
Man-Made?
Unknown all together?

Alien for sure. although the Unknown origin I would'nt be against, I just prefer It coming from space.

vanillacyke said:
Alien for sure. although the Unknown origin I would'nt be against, I just prefer It coming from space.

Same here, in my opinion, I hope they keep the symbiote alien.

predator origin....whoops,i mean alien origin for sure!

they might as well since you can pretty much change anything when you take a comic and bring it to film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"