The Venom Discussion

Mister Gone said:
Do you think that Spidey will shoot webs or will they come from the black costume?

Hopefully they come from the symbiote. Or at least, thats what I want.

CrypticOne said:
Hopefully they come from the symbiote. Or at least, thats what I want.

I'm not sure, it was a big deal in the book because they were organic. Maybe the black suit had mechanical ones in the movie. Maybe it's a suit built to mimic Spideys powers and it's not organic at all :D

Mister Gone said:
I'm not sure, it was a big deal in the book because they were organic. Maybe the black suit had mechanical ones in the movie. Maybe it's a suit built to mimic Spideys powers and it's not organic at all :D

It better not be. If that is the case God help Raimi and Sony :mad:

compi716 said:
Spideyboy_1111, do you think that maybe you could ask your insider buddy to draw a picture of the costumes that he's seen. No matter how crude the drawings maybe, it will at least give us some real understanding of what Venom and GG2 will look like.
id have to figure out a way to ask him.. just seems really pushin my luck just going up and being like... "hey can you draw venom and GG for me?" wich btw if he did they would look great, hes an awsome drawer

spideyboy_1111 said:
id have to figure out a way to ask him.. just seems really pushin my luck just going up and being like... "hey can you draw venom and GG for me?" wich btw if he did they would look great, hes an awsome drawer

^Your right that might be pushing it,just ask him to draw the GG:D

spideyboy_1111 said:

Ooh please god... let it happen somehow!!

spideyboy_1111 said:
If you can't do it, I understand. But there's really no hurt in trying ;).

I mean, what's the worst that can happen?

i mean the dude seems to be hinting at taking me to the premier lol i dont wanna ruin that! haha

I'm kidding, but I would like pictures of Aunt May's feet...but that's a fetish for another thread.:)

spideyboy_1111 said:
he gets mad at me? or does do it and i show you guys.. and he gets fired

^He wouldn't get fired from it because they wouldn't know who drew those pics.spideyboy this is your destiny,it's why you were put on this earth:)

Mister Gone said:
Do you think that Spidey will shoot webs or will they come from the black costume?

Anybody consider that movie Venom won't shoot webs at all?

Licensing/image-wise shooting webs is so pathognomic of Spider-man that the studio execs might not want anybody else to do it.

In the comics (and apologise if I am wrong) only Spidey and Venom shoot webs as we know them. Carnage, Spider-Women etc don't. In fact there are several superheros in the comics, who with a little stretch of imagination could potentially shoot webs, or at the very least web-swing (albeit not on "webs", Daredevil, Batman, Spawn etc).

And Venom only shoots webs because the black-costume predated his existence by several years.

So is it possible no Webs or Swinging for Venom? He could stick to walls ok, and do big jumps like the computer game, but maybe no web-s(l/w)inging. Cos that's a Spidey trademark.

Er, am I making sense?

that makes sense

the reason Venom shoots webs is because the symbiote bonded with Spidey.

take that out of the equation and you have a non-webswinging Venom

and even with Spidey, the Ultimate Venom symbiote did not web swing either.

hmm. I don't think it's that important for Venom to webswing... buuuut I'm sure there are people who would argue that.

Okay, a little queston for everyone;

What origin do you prefer for the symbiote?

Alien?
Man-Made?
Unknown all together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back