The Dark Knight The villains that i dont want in any of the BB sequels.

batmaluco said:
Yes, Robin Williams or Kevin Spacey. :up:

WTF? ROBIN WILLIAMS? No. Just... no.

Kevin Spacey would be brilliant, but he's already Lex and since this is ostensibly the same universe, I'll say no to that.

This is actually the first time where I'll suggest the voice actor who played both Arnold and Scarface on TAS: George Dzundza.

V000790C5SN.jpg

Or how about Kurtwood Smith (Clarence Boddicker from RoboCop; Red from That 70's Show)

fortress7.jpg

Hell, even Armin Shimerman:

ArminShimerman2.jpg
http://www.vulkon.com/images/ArminShimerman2.jpg

Armin Shimmerman looks just like the Ventriliquist! :up:

A villain I don't want to see?

A reserved Joker with gay undertones.

The things that i dont get is that you think that the penguin and the riddler are too lame and not fyrefly and that you think that people like clayface, kiler croc or man-bat are unbelievle in the Nolan style and not people like mister freeze?

Agree in the calendar man part.

I think that any main batman villain could work in a movie with the correct development. From joker, two face, penguin, catwoman, riddler, mister freeze, poison ivy, talia, bane, mad hatter, clayface, ventriloquist, killer croc, man bat, hugo strange, etc.

Except the supporting villains like calendar man or killer moth.

King Tut
Egg Head
Red Baron
Calendar Man
Magpie
Killer Moth
George Clooney
Firefly
Hush
Killer Croc
Clayface (simply because there's really no way they could do it without it either (a) sucking or (b) having an overload of crappy CGI...and sucking)

Really, other than that, I'm open to just about anybody. Anybody else could work if they're developed correctly.

ganstaman56 said:
k these are the Villains i dont want (and dont have a chance in hell of being in) any of the bb sequels.

1.Calender Man
2.The Ventriliquist
3.Clayface (he's just too Sci-Fi like for a live action realistic Superhero movie he seems like more of a Superman villain)
4.Killer Croc (see num. 3 explaination)
5.Man Bat (see num. 3 explaination. exept that Superman part)
6.Mad Hatter (worst villain ever next to Calender man)
7. Penguin (really crappy villain if they go wit the whole freak deal instead of him being normal and an aristocrat who runs an underworld nightclub and iz also a crimelord who runs a gang.

The only ones I agree with you are Killer Croc, The Ventriloquist, and Man bat.

I do not see how Clayface is more of a superman villain and even though it would require CGI it would be great to see him on screen.

Penguin would be good to have in the movie actually, just not as a main villain (a very small role). He could like do some arm sales stuff.

I don't know about Mad Hatter being the worst villain. If written right they could do something cool with him but would not be a main villain.

mister Lennon said:
The things that i dont get is that you think that the penguin and the riddler are too lame and not fyrefly and that you think that people like clayface, kiler croc or man-bat are unbelievle in the Nolan style and not people like mister freeze?

i never said that!! i said that they are kinda stupid if Penguin is a freak. and if riddler isnt an obsessive compulsive it just isnt dark and in depth enough so there isnt that much to him.

mister Lennon said:
The things that i dont get is that ... that you think that people like clayface, kiler croc or man-bat are unbelievle in the Nolan style and not people like mister freeze?

For me its visual, not believable. Clayface and Manbat i think will look stupid (ie Van Helsing style). I am so for Croc and Freeze though. They remind me of old pulp villains that you might see in The Shadow of Rocketeer. Or like a Bond villain. I see Croc and Freeze looking real cool in a Nolan style movie?

I do not understand the hate for Mad Hatter and Calendar Man?

Hatter would look awesome in a Nolan film. Bottom line!

Calendar Man is wicked lame as a villain, but in The Long Halloween comic, he served as a Hannibal Lector type role, and someone like that would be cool in a Nolan style Batman flick. Or it could blow up in his face because ppl see it as a rip-off rather a homage.

But Calendar Man would have to commit the crimes coinciding with the calendar before he could play the role he did in TLH.

trustyside-kick said:
But Calendar Man would have to commit the crimes coinciding with the calendar before he could play the role he did in TLH.

Why? You never saw Hannibal Lector commit any of his crimes before Silence of the Lambs.

That is way different though. Not every Batman fan has read TLH. A butt-load of Batman fans are fans but not comic fans. If you were to have Calendar Man do what he did in TLH or even DV without first showing him commiting crimes that coincided with the calender you would have a lot of people going "who?"..."Julian...Day?"..."Calendar Man?"... :(

trustyside-kick said:
That is way different though. Not every Batman fan has read TLH. A butt-load of Batman fans are fans but not comic fans. If you were to have Calendar Man do what he did in TLH or even DV without first showing him commiting crimes that coincided with the calender you would have a lot of people going "who?"..."Julian...Day?"..."Calendar Man?"... :(

I had never read a single Batman comic that had Julian Day before reading TLH and it in no way took away from the character. Batman mentioned that he was responsible for commiting crimes on Holidays - that is all that is needed. The way I would use the character is to never give him a name, simply have a shot of Batman walking down Arkham past a bald headed man with calender pages spread about his cell - lay people will think he is a nut, comic fans will know he is more.

ganstaman56 said:
k these are the Villains i dont want (and dont have a chance in hell of being in) any of the bb sequels.

1.Calender Man

Not cool man. Not cool.

Lol at Calendar Man.

And to StorminNorman I get your point. And when I was talking about people not knowing who he was unless he committed the crimes by the calendar I just meant that unlike in a comic you don't got the boxes that basically tell you what people are thinking. Sure somewhere along the dialogue they could mention Julian Day and have him walk past him but I just felt wouldn't be the same on screen.

trustyside-kick said:

I get what you are saying, but all you have to do is have Gordon say "This is Julian Day, nefarious for being obsessed with Holidays. blah! blah! blah!" very short very sweet. Basically the same as Silence of the Lambs, this is Hannibal LEctor he ate people (to that effect). I think it will work. I would tweak the character a little so that you do not have to use the Holiday killer since Nolan will probably skip that story. Make him a criminalogy or psychology genius like Lector as well.

btw I didnt read anything with Calender Man before THL and thought that scene was amazing.

If you don't like Mad Hatter you need to read his arc in Gotham Central, truly creepy pedohile, certainly a worthy adversary that would fit perfectly in a "real world" Batman movie.

Hell, with a good writer literally any of them could be done well.

The Watchman said:
Hell, with a good writer literally any of them could be done well.

Very true, but the only reason I omit any villains is only visual reasons.

Clayface and Man-Bat are great characters, but i do not see them looking good on screen.

They would look out of place in the way that the tone the movies take. also the general ideas of the two are pretty out there.

CConn said:
King Tut
Egg Head
Red Baron
Calendar Man
Magpie
Killer Moth
George Clooney
Firefly
Hush
Killer Croc
Clayface (simply because there's really no way they could do it without it either (a) sucking or (b) having an overload of crappy CGI...and sucking)

Really, other than that, I'm open to just about anybody. Anybody else could work if they're developed correctly.

^Nice.

I could see Man Bat actually working myself. Remember Bram Strokers Dracula? Remember the scene when Dracula was having sex with that ginger hair girl, as Winona Ryder stumbles across them in the maze...have Man Bat's face look like Dracula in that scene kind if like a Horse-Shoe Nosed Bat (i think that's the name of the specie that he looked like in that scene).....

^^^I'm still skeptical, especially after the Man-Bat in Van Helsing.

cerealkiller182 said:
^^^I'm still skeptical, especially after the Man-Bat in Van Helsing.

A lot of people are using that movie as a reference and...I think they did a cool job with their monster designs for the most part. That is why having Clayface would not bother me in one of the Nolan films. Even though Man-Bat is not a favorite villain for me I do not think having him in the movie would be stupid either just because of the CGI thing. People keep taking the realistic approach too far with these films. :(

I think Ventriloquest would be awesome as a sub villan.

Anjow1060 said:
I'd think everyone is great and plausable minus one and only one = Poison Ivy. She's the only one I can't seem to have any reason for. She has no way to enhance the character development of bruce/batman. Everyone else could be tied in quite nicley IMO. And I mean everyone.
She's actually one of the villains I'd like to see in the sequels. Toned down, of course. She provides another take on justice, and they could probably find her a reason to have some connection to Wayne Enterprises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"