The Dark Knight The villains that i dont want in any of the BB sequels.

Ronny Shade said:
I was always under the impression he was an awfully silly character originally. I, however am rather unfamiliar with his origins.

I dunno, as far as I am concerned he was created in the 50s and committed crimes (not murder though) that coincided with the calendar and then I guess in the 80s re-vamp he was gone until The Long Halloween where as many people have said played a Hannibal Lecter kind of role.

Calender man is one of the most worthless characters in the franchise IMO (and this from a guy who likes Maxie Zeus)

Well, maybe if like Holiday and Hang Man, he killed or did really bad things for his crimes that coincided with the calendar then he would get more respect.

Cause in Dark Victory when "on trial" with Two-Face and the gang he says that his crimes never included murder.

StorminNorman said:
Calender man is one of the most worthless characters in the franchise IMO (and this from a guy who likes Maxie Zeus)

DId you read The Long hallwoeen? I thought that was such a great angle. I'd like to see Calendar Man only if he is like that. No way would he be interesting any other way.

Magpie! Pretty lame villain! But what if she was like the Penguin's b****. THey have similar bird fascinations.

cerealkiller182 said:
DId you read The Long hallwoeen? I thought that was such a great angle. I'd like to see Calendar Man only if he is like that. No way would he be interesting any other way.

Magpie! Pretty lame villain! But what if she was like the Penguin's b****. THey have similar bird fascinations.
I have read TLH, loved TLH - however Calendar Man in that was cliched villian - a complete rip off of Hannibal Lector. The characters history does not have him portrayed that way, and any attepmt to use the character as he is portrayed in TLH will come off (again) as a rip off of Lector.

I believe they SHOULD include Calendar Man in the movies however, just as a very very small cameo role - while walking through Arkham have a bald man staring out into the halls with Calendar pages littered through out his room. It would appear to the mainstreme audience as a simply loon, to comic fans it would be a nod to an established villian. Quite simply there is no reason NOT to do this.

Calendar Man been as main villian wouldn't work simply because he's NOT huge character like Joker or Two-Face who both them a match to Batman. The only time he appear in a Batman movie if Dark Knight needs his help, I also I agree with Norman.

StorminNorman said:
I have read TLH, loved TLH - however Calendar Man in that was cliched villian - a complete rip off of Hannibal Lector. The characters history does not have him portrayed that way, and any attepmt to use the character as he is portrayed in TLH will come off (again) as a rip off of Lector

I suppose it would. Its just a shame. I thought that was so cool. Thats the only thing I have ever read with Calendar Man so I have no idea how lame he really is. Of course i suppose the name and MO are pretty obvious clues to his lameness

I've always felt that, during the scene when Batman is escaping from Arkham, and he runs through the cell of those 2 prisoners sitting on the bed, that that would have been a perfect opportunity for a Ventriliquist cameo. I mean why the hell would they have two people in the same room, on the same bed, in an insane asylum...???

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
I've always felt that, during the scene when Batman is escaping from Arkham, and he runs through the cell of those 2 prisoners sitting on the bed, that that would have been a perfect opportunity for a Ventriliquist cameo. I mean why the hell would they have two people in the same room, on the same bed, in an insane asylum...???
maybe they're queer lol

Well, they are insane. Maybe confused? :O

I've always felt that, during the scene when Batman is escaping from Arkham, and he runs through the cell of those 2 prisoners sitting on the bed, that that would have been a perfect opportunity for a Ventriliquist cameo.

If you go back when through one of the Arkham montages during that movie (cant remember where exactly) someone who looks just like the Ventriloquist looks through the slot on his cell door. I think it is right before he breaks into the room you are talking about.

After a second look, he doesnt look like the Ventriloquist much. I could have sworn there was someone though.

Really? :eek: :confused:

I'll check it out next time I feel like watching the movie.

Quote:
6.Mad Hatter (worst villain ever next to Calender man)

Nolan could do something really twisted with this though, especially TAS version where he kidnapped all those people and dressed him like Wonderland characters.

Or even better just make him a peadophile who is obsessed by girls called alice, and Lewis Carrol bingo, just calls himself hatter and sometimes where's a hat none of this mind programming stuff. just dark and creepy.

yes, Mad hatter as a child kidknapper and rapist, that is what i've been saying all along. but because these films are for a younger audience i doubt we will ever get to see this come true :(

I think there is way to at least make some of the more lame villains be cameos besides just dressing up there Arkham cell.

For instance:
Lock-Up: an over enthusiactic Arkham guard named Bolton
Roxy Rocket: stunt personality like Evil Kneval (sp?)
Firefly: a pyromaniac thug for a mob boss nicknamed Firefly (no suit, gun, or jet pack)

I'm sure theres others that can be done.

Villains i want;

Joker
Two-Face
Penguin
Scarecorw's return
Black Mask
Riddler
Catwoman (turned good eventually i hope)
Killer Croc (Non-Mutant, Hired Muscle)

Villains i don't want(the list is endless i'll name a few);

Shiva
Talia
Riddler
Freeze
Ivy
Hush
Bane
Harley
Firefly etc ya get the picture;)

I think Hush is a pretty good villain and really messes with Bats psyche. Do people not want him because his story is so elaborate and requires a lot of Bat-history?

A lot of people are hating on Hush because the whole Hush Returns and Hush Vs. Joker thing like killed the Gotham Knights series. Some parts I liked about it and parts I disliked. I feel that Hush could have been a better character if Loeb wrote Hush Returns since his storyarc created him.

Keyser Sushi said:
WTF? ROBIN WILLIAMS? No. Just... no.

Robin Williams is perfect for the Ventriliquist. The manic pushover he played in One Hour Photo is exactly the kind of characterization needed to make such a character work.

Sandman138 said:
Robin Williams is perfect for the Ventriliquist. The manic pushover he played in One Hour Photo is exactly the kind of characterization needed to make such a character work.

Ya, I have been saying the same stuff. I made a thread for who should play The Ventriloquist and I mentioned Williams for my nomination.

Villains I want:
1. The Joker
2. Two-Face
3. Catwoman
4. The Penguin
5. Riddler
6. Bane
7. The Ventriloquist
8. Madhatter (Martin Short or Andy Serkis for him!)
9. Mr. Freeze (Ben Kingsley for the part!)
10. Return of Scarecrow and Rahs Al Ghul
11. Talia
12. Poison Ivy
13. Harley
14. Killer Croc- Make him have razor-sharp teeth and a skin-defect, but don't make him look like a crocodile. I'd make him how he looks like in "BTAS."

Villains I don't want to see:

1. Manbat
2. Shiva
3. Firefly
4. Hush & Clayface- It's a tie. As much as I want them, Nolan wouldn't do them because he's going for too much reality.

^I would not want Shiva either but only because I do not want them to have Ra's in another Nolan film...I do not want to see certain villains twice. And since they are only signed for 3 films I do not want to have Ra's appear in the other so it would be pointless to have Shiva and even though she is not a villain I do not want to really see Talia as well...Talia is possible I guess...but I dont know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"