"The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Thread Manager, Dec 11, 2017.

1. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

2. Reek _____

i didn't even know it premiered until @Roose Bolton mentioned it hours later lol

3. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

#IStandWithKirkman

4. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Right? I had no idea this was back on.. I'm used to being bombarded with conversation and marketing. Next thing I know new season was starting like whut?

5. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

It goes beyond zombies. People were invested in these characters and now that most of them either left the show or were killed off and replaced by far less interesting ones, of course viewers would stop giving a **** about the show. Another thing is that the show has stayed in the same location for the past four and a half seasons or so and it’s gotten quite stale.

This should have ended when Lincoln wanted out. They could have ended it on a high note instead of running it into the ground. Say what you will about the final season of Game of Thrones but at least that show knew when it was time to throw in the towel.

If AMC keeps acting like everything is fine, they’re going to start hemorrhaging money by pouring it into this franchise. No one asked for another spinoff but they’re doing it anyway.

KevTravels and Monsieur Xavier like this.
  6. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Whilst I agree with you that TWD has long overrun its course, Thrones is a terrible example of how to end a show.

Say what now?

7. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

It was more in terms of how long the show was on the air for rather than how rushed the finale was. Besides that, there is no way that TWD could have a satisfying ending anyway. They lost any chance of that by killing off Carl and sending Rick away.

Flash525 likes this.
  8. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

What WOULD be a satisfying ending to this genre show? They never really touched on what even caused this epidemic which is what I am most curious about.

But either they will find a cure to end this mess or find a way to live in it and live happily ever after..

I think they will find out that for whatever reason newborns are immune to this thing and the future belongs to them. Or.. Everyone just dies and they pan out to a full blown globe of The Walking Dead

Again... I don't think there is a satisfying way to end this for most us at this point.

9. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I don't know about a satisfying ending, but a conclusive one would be one where scientists find a way to make the dead stay dead, and have the means to release such a cure (maybe via a gas) throughout the globe, thus civilisation will begin to recover and life will go on as it did before the zombieocalypse.

That cannot be done with the parent show however, else the spinoff shows would need to wrap up alongside the parent show, so such an event would have to come about when there's no more fresh ideas for a spinoff (which to be honest, they're practically out of as it is anyway). I'm not up to date with Fear, and I couldn't care less about this third upcoming show.

If they can stretch TWD out to Season 15 and bridge/cancel the spinoff shows before then, that'll be the time to wrap it all up in my opinion. 15 Seasons for the Parent show. 10 Seasons for Fear, and 5 Seasons for the third one. It should be a done deal. Maybe they can even do multiple crossover episodes, similar to the Arrowverse.

psylockolussus likes this.
  10. Man in the Suit Greeting

Chandler Riggs confirmed what everyone believed...

[​IMG]

11. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

They made a big mistake with that decision and have been paying for it ever since...

Erik20 likes this.
  12. Erik20 Registered

Interesting read, but I also remember Andrew Lincoln saying in an interview that he wanted Rick to die at the end of season 8, then later on changed his mind because the show already lost Carl. So we could have ended up with Carl still on the show, but Rick dead...

Unfortunately, the show has never been the same since they killed off Carl (for nothing) and Andrew leaving

#362 Erik20, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  13. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Yea that was just a poor and dumb move. This show will turn into one of those soaps that's been on since forever where you come across while channel surfing and go "Oh hey that's still on?"