The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 5, Episode 3 "Four Walls and a Roof" Discussion Thread

just maybe, both Beth and Carol are dead and it is Morgan who ran into Daryl and went back to the church with him?

That's exactly what I thought as well. Just like with Herschel, Carol had her big awesome episode already, and now she's going to bite it. Not sure about Beth, but I just get a feeling she might not make it out.

Either she's dead, or she's faked dead to disappear and leave the group.

YAAAAS Murder Party YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!

RIP Bob. His positivity and levity was something this show was in dire need of and hopefully someone carries that torch going forward.

Does the cannibal story line last longer in the comic? It was surprisingly brief here.

Does the cannibal story line last longer in the comic? It was surprisingly brief here.

No, they go out pretty much as soon as they cross Rick. If anything, they might have been on the show for longer than in the comic.

No, they go out pretty much as soon as they cross Rick. If anything, they might have been on the show for longer than in the comic.

That's weird given how big of a deal it seemed to be.

I’m glad Rick kept his word and took out Gareth with that machete with the red handle, which was a very satisfying moment. I wish Rick would’ve had an “I told you so” moment with the group once they found out Gareth and a couple of termites (you know the threat that Glenn, Maggie, and Abe refused to go back and kill in “No Sanctuary“) was hunting them. That would've been priceless.

I don’t know how I feel about Maggie and Glenn taking off to WA with Abe. And so much for “anything Rick says goes” eh Glenn. And Maggie seems to be easy going about traveling to WA without showing any interest if Beth’s alive or not. Has she accepted the possibility that Beth might be dead? Seems out of character. She was willing to travel the ends of the earth to find Glenn but not her own little sister that Daryl told her was kidnapped after he last saw her .

Speaking of Beth. Looks like next week will be a Beth centric episode. And I don’t think her character can carry an episode solo, but we’ll see.

One thing did bug me. So this pastor hid in his church while a whole lot of people were trying to get in there, presumably frantically, and none of them get in. But one Termite with a knife gets through the door in a second?

Watching Andrew J. West on The Talking Dead, he's reminding me a little of Dennis Reynolds. Makes me wish he stuck around to become their wacky cannibal pal who would get people to join the group by employing "The Implication".

John Barrowman on next weeks Talking Dead?! :atp:
One thing did bug me. So this pastor hid in his church while a whole lot of people were trying to get in there, presumably frantically, and none of them get in. But one Termite with a knife gets through the door in a second?

He probably had it barricaded back in those days.

Found this on tumblr, I believe taken from the SDCC trailer...
tumblr_ne2zcirZq91qmuv69o1_500.jpg
So that's gonna go well. :o

Didn't much care for the open-ended close, especially since it seems like next week is basically a one-shot ep that isn't going to follow up on things. I was expecting it to be Morgan creeping out of the woods. I figured something was going to have to slow the group's departure until he caught up with them, but wasn't expecting a split. Not liking that... although, I'm guessing there's going to be a complication with that going forward.

I loved the strong comic parallels tonight. The "Tainted Meat!" bit was so good, I about had a seizure. Nice touch in going after Gareth's (Chris) finger and Rick, Michonne and Abraham doing the finale bludgeoning.
John Barrowman on next weeks Talking Dead?! :atp:
:applaud

Didn't much care for the open-ended close, especially since it seems like next week is basically a one-shot ep that isn't going to follow up on things.

I think it'll bring us back to that point. Intertwine what's going on with Beth and Daryl/Carol's attempt to rescue her, and then end where this one ended.

I'm really loving this season after having doubts over the last season or two.

The Cannibals Comeuppance was so great to see. (I haven't read the comics)

Save The Bullets callback!

Foreboding on how the good can go bad but the show is doing a good job on showing why Rick's crew are better than most. That said, Maggie & Glenn were very much part of the Group's Morality, I hope we still see an equal amount of the DC Brigade and not just a scene here and there.

Next episode's theme was a surprise too. Beth in the big city?

I feel for Carl. He's been dying to shoot somebody for ages. Would have liked to see him kill Martin.

(Sorry just finished the ep so I haven't really formed this post into anything coherent)

RIP Bob

Carol and Daryl (Caryl or Darol if you want to ship their names, hilariously enough) are the best two characters on the show IMO. Losing one or both would be a major blow to the show. Carol who went from "die already" status to "irreplacable badass" and Daryl who is just plain Daryl can't go anywhere.

I caught that, too. Maybe Termites have really strong feet after eating all that meat, lol. :p

Carol and Daryl (Caryl or Darol if you want to ship their names, hilariously enough) are the best two characters on the show IMO. Losing one or both would be a major blow to the show. Carol who went from "die already" status to "irreplacable badass" and Daryl who is just plain Daryl can't go anywhere.

Which demonstrates the ability of the writing in creating a character you can hate or love. I have to laugh at people complaining about certain characters, wanting them dead , well guess what, they were written that way and just as easily be turned into a badass if they want to.

haha. That was a great line.

Anyone upset over Rick butchering Gareth in that group needs to get over it. They ate Bobs legs for godsake

compared to the end of man of steel it was tame:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"