The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 14 "Twice as Far" Discussion Thread

Poor Tara. Lesbians are so hard to find during the zombie apocalypse and they just keep biting the dust.

I think she just needs to get Rosita drunk. I mean, if she'll sleep with Spencer... *eyeroll* ;)

That had to be the saddest death of the season, she was growing so much.

But I am glad that Rosita finally got some decent screen time, I feel like she could be such a great character if they gave her the time of day. Hopefully this focus doesn't mean that her death is coming soon.

I'm still pulling
Glenn. He's had two near misses, then had happiness finding Maggie, the pregnancy, the ultrasound, etc. Plus, Steven Yeun has stayed away from major roles while doing TWD, and now it seems he's doing a new movie, which might mean he'll be leaving the show.

Yeun's new movie has a single setting. It probably won't be a shoot any more demanding than Reedus in Air.

Lot of Rosita fans out there. I hope she doesn't get her comic book death. I couldn't take that. SHE'S TOO PRETTY AND COOL!

....really? I mean...REALLY?!!?!??!

I just....AHHHGHGHHGHG!!!!

All_62f576_5616809.jpg

Seriously, I liked this character, thought she was cute, and she was growing. And then, they kill her like THAT?! Still talking while her brain is ****ing dying?

No. Just no. They have gone too far.

I really like what the writers doing setting up several possibilities for what seems like something really tragic in the season finale.

Overall a great episode! The second half of season 6 has been phenomonal. Can't wait to see Negan's arrival. It's going to to be, to quote Negan, pee pee pants city real soon.

^ Yeah, I like that they mix it up. I didn't think they'd do Abe's death from the comics, let alone with another character like they've done before. I don't know why.
Still guessed that she'd be shot. Did not expect crossbow.

^ Yeah, I like that they mix it up. I didn't think they'd do Abe's death from the comics, let alone with another character like they've done before. I don't know why.
Still guessed that she'd be shot. Did not expect crossbow.

I like they fact this show switches it up from the comics.

Hershel's death in the show was actually Tyrese's from the comic for example.

Still talking while her brain is ****ing dying?
Not gonna lie, that disturbed me quite a bit. I wasn't a big fan of the character, but she didn't deserve to go out like that.

By the way, who's going to be the doctor now? Are they going to have to work something out with the Hilltop?

Whaaaaat the... Carol?!!!

Whew I was SO worried for Rosita there. She had all the death flags. Can someone spoil me on what her comic book death was?

Whaaaaat the... Carol?!!!

Whew I was SO worried for Rosita there. She had all the death flags. Can someone spoil me on what her comic book death was?

The next big bad, a woman named Alpha, cuts off her head as well as a dozen other members of the Safe Zone/Hilltop/Kingdom community and puts them on spikes as a warning to Rick.
She was pregnant

....really? I mean...REALLY?!!?!??!

I just....AHHHGHGHHGHG!!!!

All_62f576_5616809.jpg

Seriously, I liked this character, thought she was cute, and she was growing. And then, they kill her like THAT?! Still talking while her brain is ****ing dying?

No. Just no. They have gone too far.

Jeez...overreact much?

Pretty good episode. They continue to raise the stakes every week.

It’s been a while since we’ve last seen Abe and Eugene interact (season 5 finale “Conquer”) with one another. So it was great in seeing them paired together on a run. Creating bullets was a smart plan by Eugene, b/c Rick and co. have been wasting a lot of ammo lately. This episode proved once again how valuable Eugene’s intellect is to the group/community. I thought it was hilarious and painful how he chomped Dwight’s privates. And Eugene taking a bullet wound. His character has come a long way.

So Spencer is Rosita’s rebound guy. I was surprised how quick she jumped to the next guy b/c she seemed pretty hurt, when Abe broke up with her. And it seems that Abe and Sasha hooked up at the end as well. I honestly don’t care too much about these hook ups but we’ll see where this goes. It’ll probably cause more unnecessary drama.

I had a bad feeling about Denise going on that supply run with Daryl and Rosita. She’s never volunteered on any before so it was fishy. Daryl and Rosita really didn’t need her there. They found and raided all the medication without her. Sure she mapped out the directions but wasn’t required to be there personally. She ended up being in the way most of the time. She’d still be alive if she had stayed at the ASZ.

I shouldn’t have been surprised about her being killed off b/c this episode really developed Denise as well as given her more screen time than usual. Which normally means for the writers that a character has outlived their usefulness. It irks me when TWD follows that formula. With that said I was disappointed to see her go. She was the ASZ community’s doctor, who was also trying to prove herself by overcoming her fears and anxieties.

It’s a pity she’ll never be able to tell Tara that she loved her. Along with Heath she was one of the few likable and interesting Alexandrians. It’s morbidly ironic that she was killed by Daryl’s crossbow b/c she and Daryl had sort of a sibling bond. RIP Denise. And poor Tara assuming she makes it back on her two week supply run with Heath.

Enjoyable episode. Though I had a feeling that the sudden spotlight on Denise as a character was because she was not long for this world. I just had no idea she was going to get it in this episode, and in such a surprising out of the blue way.

I don't know what they're doing with Carol. I mean it was one thing to have her conscience eat at her, but to abandon everyone again is just kind of annoying. Either Carol's going to come to terms with her demons, or they might do the unthinkable and have Lucille put an end to her.

The Carol stuff the last few episodes is seeming pretty annoying to me at least. I'm thinking she has a date with Lucille. Seems possible now.

The next big bad, a woman named Alpha, cuts off her head as well as a dozen other members of the Safe Zone/Hilltop/Kingdom community and puts them on spikes as a warning to Rick.
She was pregnant

Oh wow... Thanks. :up:

Denise kind of deserved what she got with her recklessness; hard for me to feel sorry for her. :| But then again, without her stopping her group, maybe Daryl or Rosita would have been victims to the crossbow.

Also, Carol is breaking my heart.

Denise was pretty damned stupid going after that cooler. It's always funny whenever a character dies mid-rant like that. It's almost like the universe just wanted them to shut the hell up. It reminded me of the way Rachel died in TDK. I remember laughing in the theater when it happened.

The hilarious thing is that there is this chick at my job that looks and kinda acts just like Denise and today people were just going in on her because we're all nerds that watch the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"