The Dark Knight The weapon of choice - The Joker and his knives

I hope the Joker is like: "I cut chu! I cut chu reel good, Batmang!"

I'm sure this version of the Joker will be able to hold his own against Batman and isn't the stringy little weakling the comics sometimes portray him to be. He'll fight Batman like a badass and won't be goofy about it....

joker_small.jpg

...like that...

He won't be Batman's physical match in that Batman would beat him at arm wrestling, but he will be his physical match in that a fight between the two could still go either way. Batman would use his physicality and smarts, whereas Joker would just use dirty tricks, but still it could go either way...

I'm sure this version of the Joker will be able to hold his own against Batman and isn't the stringy little weakling the comics sometimes portray him to be. He'll fight Batman like a badass and won't be goofy about it....

joker_small.jpg

...like that...

They portray him to be?
That's were he came from.

joker_small.jpg

...like that...

The Joker is hardly a weakling in the comic books. He can take a severe beating from Batman and still remain standing. The one in Knightfall is my favourite one.

Joker's not supposed to be a physical match for Batman. That's not the nature of their feud. Joker relies on wits and lethal gadgets to get the upper hand on Batman.

Leave the physical stuff to villains like Killer Croc, Bane etc.

I like the fact that the Joker, in TDK, is using knives, or as it has been seen, will use knives, mostly.

A guy with a knife is creepy as bad place. Any idiot can point and shoot; but to know and properly use a knife is wickedly cool.

I also think it is a bit of genius writing. Guns, or a gun, was a focal point in BB; knives is a great juxtaposed-style-writing.

The Joker is hardly a weakling in the comic books. He can take a severe beating from Batman and still remain standing. The one in Knightfall is my favourite one.

Joker's not supposed to be a physical match for Batman. That's not the nature of their feud. Joker relies on wits and lethal gadgets to get the upper hand on Batman.

Leave the physical stuff to villains like Killer Croc, Bane etc.
Ah, Knightfall.
Batman: 'Jason Todd! JASON TODD!! JASON TODD!!!'
Joker: 'WTF? Oh dear God, I am having the holy crap kicked out of me.'

I like the fact that the Joker, in TDK, is using knives, or as it has been seen, will use knives, mostly.

A guy with a knife is creepy as bad place. Any idiot can point and shoot; but to know and properly use a knife is wickedly cool.

I also think it is a bit of genius writing. Guns, or a gun, was a focal point in BB; knives is a great juxtaposed-style-writing.

Completely agree. The Joker is here is a serial killer who has an entire arsenal of knives that he uses on his victims. Just imagine him slashing people's cheeks giving them a chelsa grin. A gun wouldn't be as scary, this Joker gets up and close. I can tell he is a bloody type of guy.

I just think the jokers MO should be all types of joke related items turned into lethal weapons from razor sharp playing cards to the classic joker gas it what makes the character interesting and distances him from the average joe psycho villains i see shades of wesley snipes character simon phoenix in the film demolition man with this joker, loads of guns a witty quip and on to the next crime to repeat the process.

I just think the jokers MO should be all types of joke related items turned into lethal weapons from razor sharp playing cards to the classic joker gas it what makes the character interesting and distances him from the average joe psycho villains i see shades of wesley snipes character simon phoenix in the film demolition man with this joker, loads of guns a witty quip and on to the next crime to repeat the process.

Sucks how that RPG he uses isn't in the shape of a rubber ducky :cmad:

Slow mo action scenes are absolutely awful, everything always looks better like it's happening.

Joker does and always should use more than knives otherwise he's no more a threat than Mr. Zsasz.
Well he does fire a gun in the party scene AND the automatic durin the batpod scene

and lets not forget the RPG

Like when he takes away Fichtner's shotgun in the prologue?

Don't recall that bit, but have only seen the bootleg on the 'net.

I just see the Joker, as well as being manipulative, intelligent, calculating, he's also very opportunistic, hence all the different sorts of knives.

Of all the chat about this film, none of it has bothered me more than people talking about Joker being like 'V' in ...Vendetta. This just does not fit in with Nolans universe, at all. Although I can see him knowing how to use a blade, I think it'll be more like those 'self-defense' videos you can see on youtube, like "this is how you break someone's nose without anyone seeing" and "used in the right way, this protected safety box-cutter can easily take someone's life" etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"