The Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show worked for me, but then again I have really enjoyed what Nintendo has done the last year or so.

I have absolutely enjoyed what Nintendo has done, and I will buy the vast majority of the games shown, but this E3 Presentation was very lackluster. Woolly World should not have had the focus it did. Skylanders didn't really need any time devoted to it. Both of those announcements could have been done during the Treehouse Live stuff. The new Metroid game really isn't a Metroid game and while everyone was expecting a true Animal Crossing game, we get a board game instead. As Tron said, it' was underwhelming and a bit disappointing. The only redeeming thing here is we all know Nintendo is going to do a Direct in a few months with (hopefully) new games and more info on their upcoming stuff. The bland Digital Presentation is made a little more tolerable given Nintendo peppers Direct's throughout the year, keeping the stream of major announcements coming semi-regularly.

Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, and the Mario Maker amiibo stuff were the best bits IMO.

I can completely understand the disapointment. Nintendo is Nintendo. They have enough to keep me happy for a while.

I still prefer the direct + Treehouse stream over a conference.

I can completely understand the disapointment. Nintendo is Nintendo. They have enough to keep me happy for a while.

I still prefer the direct + Treehouse stream over a conference.

I definitely agree with that. The energy of live conferences is a big thing for some people, but that really doesn't translate to me. And while the puppet thing this year and DBZ fight from last year are super weird, it gives the whole thing such a unique vibe that would not translate to a live conference.

StarFox has drones now...

Also, Nintendo is having a pretty nice sale on the e-shop. I'm all over the FE: Awakening.

Iwata is aware of the widespread disappointment.

KjbDxoy.png

At least they're aware. Not that they'll do anything with that knowledge.

Eh, I'm glad they didn't, even if the show was underwhelming to me personally. I liked several things of the shown.

In retrospect I feel like Reggie talking about the NX and the next E3 right at the start should have been an early warning sign that they didn't have much this year. Also how he was harping on how the company is "transforming" or whatever.

I'm almost 100% convinced that they're focusing entirely on the NX at this point. Zelda Wii U is almost certainly going to be Twilight Princessed.

the larger gaming community just seems to be over nintendo.. they haven't been that innovative in years... and it's just the same old song of "same games every year" just updated"

I'd like to see them back in the N64 Era of innovations... i just don't know what they could do to improve.

Haven't been innovated in years? Same ol' games every year?

Alright.

Haven't been innovated in years? Same ol' games every year?

Alright.

.... that's the general consensus most gamers have with nintendo... i mean.. the most popular games.

Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Smash Bros, Mario Party, Pokemon, Mario Kart, etc.. haven't been all that innovative.

even the hardware isn't as awesome as it was... i mean.. we had gameboy printer, we were able to take pokemon from handhelds to Stadium, play handhelds on our tv.. yes.. lots of that is obsolete now and can be done without add ons.. but that spirit of innovation was pretty awesome in the N64 days...

the only really stand out innovations imo have been the Wii controls (which revolutionized gaming for a while) and the 3DS... since then it doesn't feel like much new has happened.. it's either integrated off another idea... like Amiibos arn't original.. its all based on skylanders. and all the major games.. are just basically enhanced updated versions of the older gen, but with new stories, graphics etc...

I love love love nintendo... but i can't say i'm as thrilled about them as a whole as much as i use to be... I can't even say smash has excited me this time around as much as the previous iterations.

Nintendo innovates plenty, but without third party support the game releases are all on them. They're spread way too thin with Wii U, 3DS, Mobile and NX development all happening at the same time.

i just don't see any innovation personally.. nothing seems to be hitting big in that front.. they've always been creative in smaller games, but that creativity doesn't seem to bounce out of those and incorporated into larger games... i just haven't seen anything revolutionary from them for a while..

I would prefer if they just focused on making good games and less on gimmicky **** like Game Boy printers and motion controls.

I don't think it has to necessarily be one or the other, but it's whatever. I still enjoy Nintendo products, and I'll still keep buying them, and I still get excited for a decent amount of their stuff

:shrug:

So that Animal Crossing Wii U thing is called Amiibo Festival. It requires at least one amiibo to play, and will come bundled with two figures and three cards. No word on price that I'm aware of.

OXnTxwN.png

Last edited:
Wonder if the AC amiibo stock will be as nightmarish as the Smash stock. For a game that requires them, I hope they're more readily available.

Here's a decent list of most of the stuff that will be coming out this year for Wii U and 3DS with known dates and time period releases. And yes, Matt was right, Yoshi is October 16th in NA.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...c-Franchises-Give-Players-Unique#.VYCUvkYYKNd

Wonder if the AC amiibo stock will be as nightmarish as the Smash stock. For a game that requires them, I hope they're more readily available.

The Mario Party 10 bundle was easy to find, and it sounds like this is going to be the sole SKU for this game, at least that's the way I read it.

I would prefer if they just focused on making good games and less on gimmicky **** like Game Boy printers and motion controls.

I don't think it has to necessarily be one or the other, but it's whatever. I still enjoy Nintendo products, and I'll still keep buying them, and I still get excited for a decent amount of their stuff

:shrug:

yeah, i think you can have both easily... i don't think it's one way or the other either

But, one major problem Nintendo does have... is when it comes to people who buy multiple systems.. and there's a multi-platform game... they buy it for PS or Xbox over buying it for nintendo... that's something people got into the habbit of doing with the Gamecube... and it picked up momentum with the Wii due to it's lack of 1080p (something Nintendo really screwed up). And I'm not seeing anything but "nintendo games" attract that crowd to the Wii U...

that's a major problem i think Nintendo is eventually going to have to figure out how to fix

Here's a decent list of most of the stuff that will be coming out this year for Wii U and 3DS with known dates and time period releases. And yes, Matt was right, Yoshi is October 16th in NA.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...c-Franchises-Give-Players-Unique#.VYCUvkYYKNd

The Mario Party 10 bundle was easy to find, and it sounds like this is going to be the sole SKU for this game, at least that's the way I read it.

So nothing released before September? I hate it when they do that.

If the stock for the AC stuff is as readily available as the Super Mario line I'll be happy. Toad was tough to find, but he eventually popped up near me.

the larger gaming community just seems to be over nintendo.. they haven't been that innovative in years... and it's just the same old song of "same games every year" just updated"

I'd like to see them back in the N64 Era of innovations... i just don't know what they could do to improve.

Nintendo is a dinosaur. Out of touch with its fans, and the industry.

It's a damn shame. I remember when Nintendo was king. Golden age of video games.

Nintendo getting out the console business, and focusing on games would be wonderful, but that's not going to happen.

Bump, Bump
Hear that, hear that
Sounds like a drum, might be a drum
How many times can you beat a drum
Must be so many
Because that
Bump, Bump
Never seems to stop

So nothing released before September? I hate it when they do that.

If the stock for the AC stuff is as readily available as the Super Mario line I'll be happy. Toad was tough to find, but he eventually popped up near me.

Devil's Third has popped up on some retailers for August 28th, but besides that, nothing has been slated yet.

Devil's Third has popped up on some retailers for August 28th, but besides that, nothing has been slated yet.

I think EU and JP get it around that time. Hopefully NA gets it around that time too. I'll definitely pick that game up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"