The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season III

IC: Flash III

Jeezus. What a night. Stopped a little mob activity, convenience store robbery, idiot cat burgler sneaking into a museum. Not bad Mr. West. I say you deserve a good pat on the back.
I'm in my civies. Khakis, brown boots, red T with black button-up over it, on my way home to my well furnished uptown apartment. Thank you royalty checks. I probably don't have to work another day in my life with how much crap they've plastered my face on. I have my own cereal now apparantly, complete with cartoon commercials and catchphrases. Can't even keep track of this stuff anymore. My face is on a Box of adult diapers for all I know.

As I walk in I'm greated by Lenny, our doorman. Frail, balding, white hair, timid. Real soft spoken. Wife practically owns him.

"Good evening Mr. West."

"Lenny! You sexy beast!" I playfully slap him on the ass. "How's Roxanne?"

"Oh she's wonderful Mr. West. I don't deserve her. I got her the wrong brand of coffee this morning and she threw it on my crotch and locked me out of the house... I deserved it...I'm going to make it up to her though. I am never making that mistake again. No sir. mm-mm."

"That...that's great Lenny." I say warily raising my eyebrows at him.

"I'm such a lucky, lucky man."

"...yyyeeeaaahTalk to ya later Lenny!"

Yikes. Poor guy. Makes me feel even luckier heading up to my sweet little penthouse I got up there with my beautiful, perfect wife Linda...Linda...Good god, I'm happy she's here again. I cannot thank Hal enough. I smile just thinking about her name. I was so happy to have her back that I immediately got like half of our savings in the bank and moved us out of that crappy downtown apartment. Nothing but the best for my baby. I am taking no more chances. I tell her how much I love her at every chance possible. I buy her anything and everything her heart desires. We're going skydiving, bungee jumping, mountain climbing, hang-gliding, parasailing in the bahamas. My job is important but so is my life. If I were to die tomorrow, I want to die with a smile on my face knowing that I have lived my life to the fullest with my favorite person on this plane of existance.

I'm already giddy as the elevator door opens and I head over to my apartment, scrambling for my keys when the door opens with my wife standing in the doorway in a skimpy red teddy. Here I am with this huge grin on my face as she grabs me by the colar and pulls me inside, and slams the door shut. She has her arms around my neck and tongue down my throat as we're walking over to the bedroom as fast as possible while I'm frantically trying to get my clothes off. On the way I hit the answering machine button.

"You have two new messages...First. New. Message. :beep: Hey Wally. Jonathan Kent here. Clark told us to give you a ring and see if you can make it to our thanksgiving dinner coming up. Now Clark would not admit this to you himself but he doesn't have too much family besides us, Connor, and Kara and it would really mean alot to him if you could make it. Make sure to bring Linda and Iris along. Martha's a great cook but she can't do it all by her lonesome and the less said about Kara, the better. HAHAHA. We'll see you then. :click: :beep:"

"Second. New. Message. :beep: Respond to this message imeadiately!Contact Batman after doing so as soon as possible. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!:beep:"

Aw crap. Just when things were gettin good. Got her pinned here with her legs wrapped around me and everything.
"Aaaah s**t...:sighs: I gotta go."

"Let Superman handle it. Come here."

"They need my help Lin."

"Hey, Superman has superspeed too."

"Hey, what did I tell you about comparing Superman's speed to mine?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Run circles around him backwards. I've heard it a million times before. But they're grown-ups. They can handle it."

"...Linda..."

"...:sighs:...Fine...Go. Go. Do your thing. I can't stop you."

"...I'll make it up to you later. I promise."

"Yeah, yeah..."

She moves up on the bed and curls up on a pillow and trust me, she is pissed...*sigh* I don't deserve her...
I look down at my feet. A little dissapointed of course but lives are at stake here...I bolt out of the room and I'm in Gotham in no time flat.

"What's all the hub-bub?"

Keyser Soze said:
The Joker was back at his House of Fun, his fortress on Liberty Island. None of his enemies knew he was here. But oh, he knew where they were. In Gotham City. Standing on the shore of Liberty Island, he had a clear view of Gotham.

And soon, he would witness it's destruction. And that was going to happen. All that crap about Batman's death being the only way they could live? A load of baloney, meant to turn the people of Gotham against their "hero". Batman would die, but it would be at The Joker's hands. Then Gotham City would follow Brucie to oblivion.

He knew that everyone would now be looking for him. But even if they did find him, they wouldn't stand a chance. Out of all his trap-filled hideouts, this was by far the most deadly. Green Lantern, The Flash, Superman - he had plenty of surprises designed for each of them.

"Come and get me!" he shouted out to Gotham City, "I'm ready for all of you! HA HA!"

But there was one guest he anticipated more eagerly than any other. Batman. That's who he was really waiting for.

"I hope you like Liberty Island, Batsy," chuckled The Joker to himself, "Because it's going to be your grave..."

Harley walked out onto the shore and put her arm on Joker's shoulder.

"Hell of a show puddin.You were great" she said as she kissed him on the cheek.

"But that show is gonna have attracted a hell of alot of attention.Particularly Bats.You sure we're ready to take em?? I mean we don't want em spoiling the party.They're bound to be scowering the city like a pack of ravenous dogs lookin for ya".

Harley took a step back and whipped out her gun.

"But if they do find us I'll blow their heads.Every one of em.If they lay one finger on my puddin they're dead meat" she said with a manical grin on her face.

rigel7soldiers said:
"I'm starting to feel a pulse. Looks like he'll be fine."

"Really? It looked like he was in terrible shape..."

"But he's okay now. Go figure."

He started to rise.

"Wow, the Question. Are you alright?"

Dr. Midnight, someone who looks like The Spirit, and two other people.

"I'm.....I.....I was atacked by Prometheus. He's back. We have to warn the others."

OOC: Two others, actually

IC: Dr. Mid-Nite

"Prometheus...I've read his case file. Impersonated a JL member once...We'd better get started. But, first things first, will you be okay?"

"Oh, Can we help?"

"It'd be an honor to serve with you two..."

"John, we're already serving with the Spirit, how mich more honor do you need?"

"Right. This is the Spirit, Midnight(call him John), and the Clock. They made me join their club..."

OOC: Sorry. I edited.

IC: The Question.

"....hello. As for my well being I...."

Suddenly, there is a pain in my chest. I peel off my mask as I begin to cough violently. I then look down at my hand.

Blood.

"Hospital. Now. You call the rest of the League and tell them."

The Question said:
OOC: Sorry. I edited.

IC: The Question.

"....hello. As for my well being I...."

Suddenly, there is a pain in my chest. I peel off my mask as I begin to cough violently. I then look down at my hand.

Blood.

"Hospital. Now. You call the rest of the League and tell them."

"We're not familiar with Hub City, do yu know where the nearest Hospital might be? I can't treat you here...Whatever. I've got you."

It didn't take too long for us to find a Hospital, luckily enough. We managed to get him into ER...

"Do you think he'll be okay? I mean, you are a doctor-"

"He'll be fine. We better get back up to the Watchtower. There's no telling where Prometheus will strike next."

IC:Babs Gordon

"What's all the hub-bub?"

Flash's voice asks in my ear and I respond, "Joker has got his hands on anti-matter which he intends to have blown up right here in Gotham. It is hidden somewhere and we have to find it...we have 48 hours but considering the fact that its Joker, we can't ever be sure. We need you to start looking for it.Batman's on his way to find Joker."

IC: Flash III

Woah, woah, woah! Just how did Joker get his hands on antimatter? No time for that now. Gotta turn this city upside down lookin for this stuff.
"Got it."
I race around the city hopping from place to place, searching and reassembling so fast that people don't even notice anything happened. I'm lookin in all of Joker's regular hangouts. Comedy clubs, warehouses, Zoos, cemeteries, parks, frickin TOY stores and party shops and I'm gettin nothing. This is gonna be a long night.

IC: Batman:

I said I would handle Joker. Joker has himself located at Liberty Island. Since my fortune went under, I haven't been able to get a lot of my equipment, including any underwater vehicles.

In other words, a bit of a dillema.

Then I got an idea. I ran back to the oppisate end of the building, better to get speed that way. I ran as fast as I could towards the edge I was previously in. I grabbed my cape, spreaded it and leaped into the sky.

Sundenly, the song from Peter Pan when the children are flying plays in my head.

scan0014B.jpg

I hovered across the ocean, bearing towards Liberty island. I knew Joker would see this, but I didn't care. I'm probably running into a trap, but I didn't care.

Sundenly, I hear something whisper in my mind. How many people have I murdered, by letting him live?

I shake the thought out. No time to ponder my ideals.

I have a city to save.

I'm getting closer. Closer. I see Harley Quinn searching the area a handful of meters away. I found my target. Joker. Arch-Villian. Anti-Christ.

I wondered for a moment just went through his mind as I dropped on him like, pardon the cliche', a bat out of hell.

scan0011B.jpg

Joker! said:
Harley walked out onto the shore and put her arm on Joker's shoulder.

"Hell of a show puddin.You were great" she said as she kissed him on the cheek.

"But that show is gonna have attracted a hell of alot of attention.Particularly Bats.You sure we're ready to take em?? I mean we don't want em spoiling the party.They're bound to be scowering the city like a pack of ravenous dogs lookin for ya".

Harley took a step back and whipped out her gun.

"But if they do find us I'll blow their heads.Every one of em.If they lay one finger on my puddin they're dead meat" she said with a manical grin on her face.

The Joker turned to face harley Quinn. Smiling heartily, he cupper her face in his hands, and kissed her on the forehead.

"Ah, my sweet, sweet Harley, I can always depend on you to back me up," he said soothingly, "But you needn't worry. Nobody is going to lay a finger on me. They'll be lucky to even make it as far as my House Of Fun. And if they go in there, they won't be coming out! HA HA!"

The Joker turned away from the shore, with Harley walking alongside him.

"Besides, I have another job for you, snookums," he continued, "I need you to kill somebody for me. With this person dead, the Loser League is going to have a tough time communicating. And I get to hurt an old friend too."

The Joker stopped walking, turning to face Harley Quinn.

"Harley, I want you to kill Barbara Gordon."

The Parasite sighed as Neal ran into his office, covered in a fearful sweat. “What is it, Neal?” Rudy walked infront of his desk to greet his assistant. He plucked an imported Cuban cigar from a Box that lay on his oak desk, and lit it.

“S--sir, I--I--I"

“Calm the f**k down, Neal. The Parasite blew a cloud of smoke into Neal’s face. “Now tell me what’s going on.”

“Mr. Luthor…Lex…” Neal stammered. “How could you?!” Rudy’s assistant finally shouted in his boss’ face.

Rudy raised an eyebrow in surprise to his usually timid assistant’s outburst. He then smiled slyly and inhaled a final time on his cigar before pressing the lit end of it into the palm of his hand. “So, looks like you’ve finally figured it out. Well, you and just about every person on the planet who bought crate-loads of weaponry made by LexCorp, which would include the United States Military.”

“How did you do it?!” Neal screamed.

The Parasite laughed and tossed his crumpled cigar over his shoulder. “I had all of our products installed with a Cellular Degradation Timer. After a certain amount of time passes and the weapon owners are satisfied with their state-of-the-art merchandise and have put their guns in storage to be used only when needed, the timer goes off. The guns and circuitry literally melt, becoming protoplasmic goop. That makes the weapon technology completely useless, unless you want to have mud fights.

“MR. LUTHOR!” Neal was crying in anger at this point. What a wuss.

“Please. Call me ‘Rudy.’

“Wha-?” Neal shook his head, attempting to ward off the growing insanity around him. “There are a dozen SWAT teams surrounding LexCorp Towers right now. I’ve got half a mind to send them up here to drag your butt away.”

Captain Marc Worden had been placed in charge of the combined group of SWAT divisions that now surrounded the Ground floor of LexCorp Towers. Just as they were preparing to make their move and invade the complex, they heard a chilling laugh that echoed down from Lex Luthor’s office, 307 floors up. Nobody on the ground made a peep as the laugh reverberated throughout the area. The noise began to fade and the SWAT officers began to exhale.

“AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!”

Glass began to rain down on the crowd of police as a new noise sliced through the air. The noise was the death cry of the man who once proudly, yet nervously, served who he thought was Lex Luthor. Neal Hammond’s ashes and skeletal remains drifted down from Luthor’s office window. Captain Marc Worden vomited beside his squad car at the sight of what was left of Neal.

Lex Luthor had drained Neal Hammond and threw him out his office window with joy. “I was gettin’ restless. Time to par-tay!” The Parasite strolled to a hidden vault in his office which he had installed just after he had assumed Luthor’s identity. It wasn’t technically a vault. It was simply a hole in the wall, which gave access to the city’s power lines that ran through the Tower. Opening the heavy steel door, the Parasite looked at the giant cables infront of him. “Electricity is like bran. Bland-o-rama, but it still satisfies the hunger,” said Rudy Jones as he clamped his hands around the wiring.

As Captain Worden was recovering from his illness on the ground, he and his crew began to notice that the lights around Metropolis began shutting off. The power was being drained! Everything in the city was covered in pitch-black darkness. As the SWAT teams began turning on their flashlights, they heard the sound of more glass shattering from above. Suddenly, a large, bald man in a white Armani suit plummeted to the ground from his office, on top of the world.

To the SWAT team’s surprise, Lex Luthor landed in a crouching position with an arm extended infront of him to absorb the shock of the fall. His suit didn’t have a scratch on it, yet sizzling smoke was pouring off of his body. Lex Luthor began to rise to his feet, brushing dust off of his shoulder. “Is there a problem Officer?”

The SWAT teams opened fire.

Suddenly, the transmitter on Joker's belt began beeping. One of his traps had been sprung.

"Before you go, Harley," said The Joker, "Come with me..."

They both ran along the shore together, and finally came upon a hole in the ground. He looked up, spotting the holograms of himself and Harley Quinn. This was a nice little trap, Joker thought. But who had fallen for it?

The Joker looked down into the hole, the top now sealed closed with a bullet-proof glass roof. And the sight made him burst into laughter.

"BATMAN!? What a pleasant surprise!" cackeld The Joker, "I thought you were smarter than to fall for that booby trap, Brucie. I expected you to at least make it inside The House Of Fun. You are making this far too easy."

The "hole" was in fact a deep, narrow cell, with steel walls. There was, however, a ventilation system. The Joker took out a remote, pressing a button.

"But anway, it must have been a long, tiring journey for you, Batsy," he chuckled, "I think you need some sleep..."

Sleeping gas seeped in through the ventilation system, leaving Batman with no choice but to breathe it in.

I'm in the E.R. I can hear voices...something about bloodloss...collapsed lung....multiple fractures. I'm surprised Prometheus didn't do worse. I....i'm just soooooo.....sssssllleeeeepyyy....

Suddenly I'm standing in what looks like a cafe'. Then a tall blond man wearing red walks over to me.

"Hi there. Welcome to the dead legends cafe'! I'm Barry. Come on in. Have a seat. Try the pie."

I walk with Barry over twords the counter. There are several men and women seated there.

"Let me introduce you."

First he leads me over to a man in a trench coat and fedora.

"This is Wesley. He's a bit of a loner, but damn does he know how to write some good poetry!"

"Hello."

"Greetings young man. You and I are of a like mind. I was also driven mad in my sleep by my dreams of the barberisms of the waking world."

"....yeah. Wesley's a bit of a downer."

He then leads mr over to a blond woman in a leather jacket.

"This here is Dinah. I think you might have met her daughter."

"Yes. Breifly."

"And how is she doing? I know near death experiances can be nerve wraking."

"I'm not sure but she seems to be alright."

"Good. That's good."

"You can meet the rest of the gang later. Now have a seat. Try the apple pie. It's great."

I sit down, and find that my mask in gone. Instead of questioning this, I simply start eating the pie that's suddenly apeared in front of me.

"Barry, I have to ask. Why am I hear?"

"Well, why are any of us here? I know, I know, I'm not too good at this philisophical stuff. To tell you the truth, I don't know."

"Well, do you at least know how I can get home?"

"Oh, that's easy. You just have to wake up."

Suddenly the cafe' is gone. I'm standing in a feild. In front of me are Tot and Richard.

"What's going on?"

"You're lost in your own mind Charlie. We just want to help you get home."

"But, how do I do that?"

"You're always all questions, aren't you butterfly? It's simple really."

"All you have to do, Charlie.."

"IS WAKE UP!!!!!"

I sit up in a jolt. I feel a sharp pain in my head. I'm in a dark hospital room. I'm covered in bandages with an IV tube stuck in my arm.

Thank God.

Head...getting...fuzzy...Can't let myself go like this. I take out of my Batarangs and throw it onto the shaft, destroying that with its explosion. I shoot my grappling hook towards it and started to crawl through it.

Have to...stop...my head drops, unconchience.

The Joker smiled triumphantly.

"Excellent!" he exclaimed, "Harley, a little help here."

Together, they lifted Batman out of the hole, and dragged his limp, inconscious body along the shore. The looming structure of the House of Fun soon got closer, until they were standing at the front entrance.

"Boy, Batman's heavy, isn't he?" panted The Joker, as they walked through the large doors, "Let's get him a room."

The Joker, Harley Quinn and Batman were in the front foyer of the House of Fun. it had a fake ticket booth, and a little gift shop with T-shirts that said "I Visited Joker's House Of Fun, And All I Got Was Dead."

The Joker took out his remote, and pressed another button. The ticket booth opened up, revealing a secret stairway in the wall. They all went up that way, with The Joker closing the secret passage behind him. The stairway led up to the holding cells.

The Joker and Harley Quinn placed batman in one of the cells. It was a small, titanium cube, with three sides. Once The Joker and Harley were out of the cell, he pressed a button on the wall, and a transparent laser screen came down the front, securing the cell. Any attempt to escape would give Batsy a nasty shock.

"Ah, Harley, isn't it grand?" sighed The Joker, "For a change, it's US putting HIM in a cell! HAHAHA!"

The pair laughed deviously together.

"Now, Harley, you have a job to do," continued The Joker, "So go do it. Leave The Bat to me..."

The Riddler walked through cold night air of Gotham City as he travelled towards his house. To many people, Gotham could be a large, terrifying city. The long, dark, winding roads intimated many. Only those with power could control this city, and The Riddler was one of these people.
As he walked, he was constantly thinking new riddles he could use where and when ever needed.
After a short walk, he reached his house, and looked down at the key.
"Such small a thing. But opens many doors." The Riddler said in the form of a riddle, before opening the door.
As he walked in, the phone began to ring.
"Hello Harvey." He said as he picked it up

"Why am I doing this? Why am I doing THIS!" I shout at the security force officer as I hold him by his uniform collar in my hands. "How dare you question Sinestro."
Why am I doing this, indeed! I think to myself, laughing.

Why am I doing this?

The thought strikes me cold, stunning me into paralysis because...I have no answer. I...do not know.

I drop the officer, letting him land unceremoniously on his back. I take a couple of steps back, stunned by the realization. I am no longer an agent of Order, not since the 'Guardians' betrayed me and let my perfectly ordered fall into disorder. But I am fed up with the Qwardian's and no longer care to be an agent of Chaos.

I begin walking down the street, thoughtfully holding my chin in my hand. Explosions and energy weapon blasts are shrugged off by my ring's forcefield. I take no notice.

What is there besides chaos and order. Any action I take will either bring one or the other. But I find that I know longer care for either.

A missle strikes the base of a small building near me. The weight of the structure is too much for the shattered foundation to support, and half of it collapes into the street, burying me in rubble and debris. A flash of yellow light, and the pile is dispursed off of my body.

There are too many distractions on this world. "I need to find a place...to think." I say to myself. I begin to rise into the air, the attacks from the security force follow me. I notice the officer that had spawned this stream of thought pick himself up from the ground. With a passing thought, I create a giant axe blade and quickly separate his head from his body. "Can't have anyone questioning my motives."

As the explosions carry on around me, I race off through the atmosphere. I enter orbit and look for a place to contemplate this new dilemma.

Harvey was in Black Mask’s old penthouse, the man was useless he killed a little girl dressed like Robin; Two Face just had to get a non marked part of a coin to send him home. He couldn’t control an entire City; it was all Harvey’s all Two Face’s

“What am I……?”
Harvey shouted putting his hand over the phone

“I’ll do the talking” said Two Face

“Edward I’m goanna leave for a few weeks I got to Keystone City short out some business, My “Friends” are all busy or are willing to kill me or are to insane . You’re the only one I trust and can call a person My City with, Deal?”

“Deal” said Edward.

“Ok” Two Face hung up.

OOC: This is my last post for a few weeks guys see ya!

Catwoman leaped from her apartment window and landed on the street. There had been a break in on the corner of East and South, from the likes of it, a jewelry shop was being robbed. Running quickly, she threw her whip to a spot light and swung into the store.

“Hey guys, can I play?” the woman said as she picked up a glistening golden necklace. Turning around she noticed four lifeless bodies littering the floor of the shop. Checking out one of the corpses, she noticed it was the thugs she had come to stop. Just then, sirens blasted down the street and 20 guns were pointed at Catwoman.

“You’re under arrest,”

“****”

Keyser Soze said:
The Joker smiled triumphantly.

"Excellent!" he exclaimed, "Harley, a little help here."

Together, they lifted Batman out of the hole, and dragged his limp, inconscious body along the shore. The looming structure of the House of Fun soon got closer, until they were standing at the front entrance.

"Boy, Batman's heavy, isn't he?" panted The Joker, as they walked through the large doors, "Let's get him a room."

The Joker, Harley Quinn and Batman were in the front foyer of the House of Fun. it had a fake ticket booth, and a little gift shop with T-shirts that said "I Visited Joker's House Of Fun, And All I Got Was Dead."

The Joker took out his remote, and pressed another button. The ticket booth opened up, revealing a secret stairway in the wall. They all went up that way, with The Joker closing the secret passage behind him. The stairway led up to the holding cells.

The Joker and Harley Quinn placed batman in one of the cells. It was a small, titanium cube, with three sides. Once The Joker and Harley were out of the cell, he pressed a button on the wall, and a transparent laser screen came down the front, securing the cell. Any attempt to escape would give Batsy a nasty shock.

"Ah, Harley, isn't it grand?" sighed The Joker, "For a change, it's US putting HIM in a cell! HAHAHA!"

The pair laughed deviously together.

"Now, Harley, you have a job to do," continued The Joker, "So go do it. Leave The Bat to me..."

"boom"

"Boom!"

"BOOOM!"

The nearest wall in the Funhouse blasts to pieces. Framed in the hole is the beautiful visage of Wonder Woman.

"These JLA trackers work like a charm. Now you two aren't about to hurt Batman are you? And Flash says I don't have a sense of humor."

At the speed of Hermes, Diana grabs Harley by the throat and holds her inches above the floor.

"Now what do you say Joker? How about a deal? Batman for your little friend here. Sound fair?"

featofstrength.jpg

:thing: :doom: :thing:

*It's a bright and sunny morning. Carol's watering the garden, I'm painting the white picket fence. Our black lab puppy and poodle puppy- Darkstar, Harry, respectively- are frolicking in our front yard. Times are good.

My old friend Itty even had a kid. He stays with us, though Carol hasn't taken a liking to him. I've named him Bitty.

It makes me wonder: do I even need to do what i do? I mean, life is good for me. And if ignorance is bliss, then am I ignorant?

Life is perfect. But my dreams, they are not. And they remind of one thing. I make a phone call.*

"Hey Clark, I think we better base the Watchtower on Earth. I just don't thiink space is gonna do it for us this time around..."

Franklin Richards said:
"boom"

"Boom!"

"BOOOM!"

The nearest wall in the Funhouse blasts to pieces. Framed in the hole is the beautiful visage of Wonder Woman.

"These JLA trackers work like a charm. Now you two aren't about to hurt Batman are you? And Flash says I don't have a sense of humor."

At the speed of Hermes, Diana grabs Harley by the throat and holds her inches above the floor.

Harley gripped Wonder Woman's arm with both hands.Suddenly a wave of electricity was sent thru her body.

Wonder Woman cringed in pain as she dropped Harley.

Harley smiled and wiggled her fingers at Wonder Woman showing off a diamond ring."Like it?? My puddin gave me it for our one year anniversary.It has 14 carat diamonds and enough electricity in it to light up half of Gotham.Pretty ain't it".

Harley flipped back and landed beside the Joker.She whipped out her gun and pressed it on Batman's head.

"Now it's your turn to surrender toots or I'm gonna blow this big galoot's head into next week"

Joker! said:
Harley gripped Wonder Woman's arm with both hands.Suddenly a wave of electricity was sent thru her body.

Wonder Woman cringed in pain as she dropped Harley.

Harley smiled and wiggled her fingers at Wonder Woman showing off a diamond ring."Like it?? My puddin gave me it for our one year anniversary.It has 14 carat diamonds and enough electricity in it to light up half of Gotham.Pretty ain't it".

Harley flipped back and landed beside the Joker.She whipped out her gun and pressed it on Batman's head.

"Now it's your turn to surrender toots or I'm gonna blow this big galoot's head into next week"

"Now Harlequin. Both you, Joker and I know that I can remove your hand from your body before you even press the trigger on that gun of yours. My suggestion would be for you to release Batman and NOT make me mad. Because right now, I'm in a good mood. And you don't really want to see me in a bad mood. Especially the kind of mood I would be in if Batman were to have a bullet in his head. So step away from him now, or both of us will be sorry."

Wonder Woman gambles. She puts every bit of her charisma that she's gained from Aphrodite in this intimidating glare. And she's hoping that it works. Batman's life could be at stake.

Now she's just gotta not be the first one to blink.

IdentityCrisisCv4.jpg

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Selina grabbed two pills from her belt and threw them to the ground. Bursting open, smoke filled the store, stealing the cops’ vision. She ran out the back door and flipped up onto the building next to her; she jumped out, grabbed a light post and flipped to a building across the street.

“She killed four thugs, I want to check the back,” replied an officer into his walkie talkie.

“****, what are you gonna do now Selina? They think you murdered four people who, most likely, were shot by one of Black Mask’s men. I need to see Bruce,” Selina said to herself.

The leather clad woman jumped into a black XK Jaguar and sped to Wayne Manor. Breaking in through a skylight, she slinked into the Batcave.

IC: The Question

Suddenly the nurse walks in. She seems shocked to find me sitting up.

"Oh, Mr. Sage. You're awake."

"No. I just suffer from bad sleepwalking."

"Oh. So we seem to have ourselves a comedian."

"Not for lack of trying. How long was I out for?"

"Bout five days."

"They always said I was a heavy sleeper. So, anything big happen while I was out?"

"See for yourself."

She picks up the remote control and turns on the TV to CNN. She then hands the remote to me.

"Three houres ago, the serial killer known as 'The Joker' highjacked the broadcast of 'Late Night Gotham Live' and threatened the city with an experimantal explosive stolen from a laboritory in Europe earlyer this year. His only demand is that the vigilante known as 'The Batman' be turned over to him. More with this story as it developes."

I turn off the TV.

"So a homicidal maniac is threatening Gotham City with a bomb. Damn. Fifth time this month."

"I know. That town is almost as crazy as this one. Oh, and by the way."

She reaches into her pocket and pulls out my mask.

"This was in your hand when you were brought in here. What happened anyway?"

"My friends and I, the people who brought me in, were mugged on our way home from a costume party. I guess I took the full front of the beating."

"Guy musta' been a mental case. You were roughed up pretty bad. Oh, and there's an old guy who's been sitting outside. Says his nome is Rodor. Friend of yours?"

"Yeah. Send him in."

She leaves. Seconds later Tot comes in.

"Good lord Charlie, what happened?"

"It was a seriel killer named Prometheus. He targets cops and vigilantes."

"God Charlie. This is exactly the kind of thing I've warned you about. This 'Question' buisness is too dangerous."

"I know. But it's something that needs to be done."

"....I know, I know. I just worry Charlie."

"I know you do. Listen, how about you get yourself some coffee and me an iced tea and we can have a nice chat over drinks."

"Fine. I'm sure there's a vending machine around somewhere. I'll be right back."

As Tot leaves the room, I lay back and think.

Sometimes it's just great to be alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"