The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season III

As The Joker watched Wonder Woman, he wasn't blinking either. Having her burst in through the wall was inconvenient. And if he'd been at his control centre, instead of in the cells with batman, he would have detected and eliminated her before she even reached Liberty Island.

But Wonder Woman underestimated him. All these so-called superheroes did. She thought she was unstoppable, but in fact, she was one step away from defeat. Just one step...

"No deal," The joker finally said, taking a small step back.

Wonder woman reacted in turn, taking a small step forward. Just as he'd planned. That's the one advantage he had over the dumb broad - he knew his House Of Fun inside out. And when Wonder woman stepped forward, she fel through a trap-door into the main part of the Funhouse below.

She landed in a roller-coaster carriage, which immediately sealed itself shut. Then the carriage started moving along the tracks, weaving through various rooms of the House Of Fun. Finally, it went through the wall, and began weaving around the outside of the building, constantly picking up speed.

As it neared the top of the building, the rocket boosters on the back of the carriage activated. When the tracks ended at the top of the House Of Fun, the carriage kept on going. it was launched right off the tracks, and into the air. Eventually, a good distance away, it plummeted into the ocean.

"That's what happens to uninvited guests! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Selina looked over at the empty Batcave. Alfred had passed away and the cave had gotten musky and dirty, but even more, lonely. Looking at the main computer, Catwoman noticed why Bruce wasn’t in the cave. The Joker. Running over to one of the many bat themed motor cycles, Selina remembered the cops. Walking over to a big costume case, Selina ran her hand over the glass. Batgirl’s suit was hanging neatly on a mannequin. Batgirl. The two had many duels, over marriage, money, and men. They had it all. The woman’s gloved claw slide itself over a button and pressed down. The glass case sprung open.

LATER

Ms. Kyle, in a new costume and wig, saddled a motorcycle and blasted out of the Batcave.

wolfebatgirl4.jpg

OOC: Keyser, I will hold off on getting to the scene until you give me a signal.

Keyser Soze said:
As The Joker watched Wonder Woman, he wasn't blinking either. Having her burst in through the wall was inconvenient. And if he'd been at his control centre, instead of in the cells with batman, he would have detected and eliminated her before she even reached Liberty Island.

But Wonder Woman underestimated him. All these so-called superheroes did. She thought she was unstoppable, but in fact, she was one step away from defeat. Just one step...

"No deal," The joker finally said, taking a small step back.

Wonder woman reacted in turn, taking a small step forward. Just as he'd planned. That's the one advantage he had over the dumb broad - he knew his House Of Fun inside out. And when Wonder woman stepped forward, she fel through a trap-door into the main part of the Funhouse below.

She landed in a roller-coaster carriage, which immediately sealed itself shut. Then the carriage started moving along the tracks, weaving through various rooms of the House Of Fun. Finally, it went through the wall, and began weaving around the outside of the building, constantly picking up speed.

As it neared the top of the building, the rocket boosters on the back of the carriage activated. When the tracks ended at the top of the House Of Fun, the carriage kept on going. it was launched right off the tracks, and into the air. Eventually, a good distance away, it plummeted into the ocean.

"That's what happens to uninvited guests! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Diana flexes her muscles and breaks through the chassis of the coaster.

Now I just have to reach the surface before I drown. Just my luck. I was breathing out.

At lightning speed Diana streaks from the surface of the ocean. She stops yards above the water and begins to spin. When she stops she appears to be perfectly dry and beautiful as always.

"Ok. That didn't work. I guess it's time to take the kid gloves off."

Diana pulls out her JLA communicator and begins to scan the device.

"Ok. Batman is still in the central chamber. I'll just try tunnelling in from the bottom."

Wonder Woman leaps to the sky and then begins to spin. She starts drilling her way through the rock and below the surface.

WW150.jpg

:thing: :doom: :thing:

batnkevlar said:
*It's a bright and sunny morning. Carol's watering the garden, I'm painting the white picket fence. Our black lab puppy and poodle puppy- Darkstar, Harry, respectively- are frolicking in our front yard. Times are good.

My old friend Itty even had a kid. He stays with us, though Carol hasn't taken a liking to him. I've named him Bitty.

It makes me wonder: do I even need to do what i do? I mean, life is good for me. And if ignorance is bliss, then am I ignorant?

Life is perfect. But my dreams, they are not. And they remind of one thing. I make a phone call.*

*Clark wasn't at his apartment, so I left a message*

"Hey Clark, I think we better base the Watchtower on Earth. I just don't think space is gonna do it for us this time around..."

"I think we can set up base in Metropolis. What do you think? Then again, it might be too close to Luthor. Either way, not in outer space. Ever since the last fiasco, we should try something different. Closer to home, you know? We're not gods, Clark, we can't rest on Mount Olympus. Anyway, gotta go meet Rex for a drink. Talk to you later, Big Blue."

*I put on my jacket, kiss Carol goodbye, and head out to Gunn's Tavern.*

The Joker accessed his computer system from a port in the holding cell area. He detected a breach in his island lair - from underground!

That wasn't going to work. The structure was made with thick titanium and stone. Plus, the cells were three levels up from the bottom level. The bottom level was his secret labs and living quarters. Then there was the death-trap filled funhouse. And if she stepped in there she wouldn't live long enough to reach them in the prison area at the top.

"But I think I'll take care of you anyway," cackled The Joker, typing in some commands in the computer, "Wonder Woman - meet The Diggers."

In his underground lab, three robotic, mole-like creatures came to life. The drills on their heads began buzzing, and the laser-guns on their sides were activated. They slid down a tunnel, down through th ebottom of the structure and into the soil of Liberty Island Wonder Woman was busy tunneling through.

Keyser Soze said:
The Joker accessed his computer system from a port in the holding cell area. He detected a breach in his island lair - from underground!

That wasn't going to work. The structure was made with thick titanium and stone. Plus, the cells were three levels up from the bottom level. The bottom level was his secret labs and living quarters. Then there was the death-trap filled funhouse. And if she stepped in there she wouldn't live long enough to reach them in the prison area at the top.

"But I think I'll take care of you anyway," cackled The Joker, typing in some commands in the computer, "Wonder Woman - meet The Diggers."

In his underground lab, three robotic, mole-like creatures came to life. The drills on their heads began buzzing, and the laser-guns on their sides were activated. They slid down a tunnel, down through th ebottom of the structure and into the soil of Liberty Island Wonder Woman was busy tunneling through.

What was that? Diana stopped her spinning as she entered an airpocket below the surface of the Funhouse. She brushed off some gravel as she began to listen.

"I must be hearing things."

With that we hear an explosion as the ceiling collapses on Diana. She throws tons of rock off her body and is immediately seized by a robot.

"Ooooof! Oh good. I haven't worked out in a few hours."

The robot seizes Wonder Woman's leg and pulls her off her feet. The robot throws her the twenty feet from one end of the airpocket to the other. She crashes into the cavewall and an entire portion of the cavewall crashes in on her. The robot begins to move the rocks covering Wonder Woman when an arm bursts through the rubble. The hand grabs the robots arm and presses the Digger to the rock floor. The rubble seperates to reveal a disheveled Wonder Woman and she proceeds to pummel the robot with super speed punches.

"Don't touch me you foul, unliving thing."

She rips the arms off of the droid and it sparks and flutters before it falls to the ground seemingly destroyed.

"Is that it?"

Suddenly a low hum is heard off in the distance. The sound comes from the tunnell previously dug by the robot. It seems that the Digger had friends.

"Great Hera! I had to ask."

ww_robot.jpg

Wonder Woman would be busy for a while, even if she did survive the Diggers. Meanwhile, The Joker had other things to attend to. He entered Batman's cell. harley had taken down the laser wall to hold a gun to his head. Once inside, The Joker stamped on Batman's wrist, destroying his JLA tracker. Then he went back outside the cell, turning on the laser wall.

The Joker could see that Batman was beginning to stir.

"That's good, Batsy, wake up," he whispered, "It's about time we had a little chat..."

The world fades back from black--odd, I still can't see much color, I should talk to Fate when this is done--and I see the face of demented clown.

I have a hard time calling him a clown. Nothing about this demented bastard is funny.

"Okay, we'll talk. Here's a good topic: Where's the antimatter?"

The Joker laughed mockingly.

"Oh, where's the fun in telling you that now, darling?" The Joker chirped, batting his eyelids, "That would be like sex without the foreplay."

The Joker dragged over a stool from the computer, sitting down in front of Batman's cell.

"No, I think we'll let the antimatter blow up, wipe out Gotham City once and for all," he declared, "And between you and me, Batsy, I'm glad I've got you here. What would have been the fun in you dying with all those other worthless peons? No no no, I want to break you first. I want you to be trapped here while those you swore to protect are wiped out! HAHAHA!"

The Joker stopped himself from laughing too much. He calmed himself down into a smug grin.

"But what do they matter, Brucie? In the end, it's not about them. It's about you and me. That's how it's always been. The epic struggle between good and evil, between order and chaos, between Batman and The Joker. Everything else? Just...background noise. Don't you agree?"

I pause in my answer, just to piss him off.

"...No. Tell me where the antimatter is."

Captain Marc Worden and his team of highly trained SWAT officers watched as Lex Luthor began to stand. The place he had dropped too was now a shallow crater. The stone underneath his feet had been somehow turned into shining glass on impact. The white Armani suit that Luthor wore must have cost more than Worden would make in a month. It was spotless, except for a small patch of dirt on his shoulder, which Lex smoothly brushed off with elegance.

The only lights anywhere to be seen in the city were the flashlights that shone on Lex Luthor. The Parasite was the center of their universe. The second he landed infront of the SWAT team with such an impressive entrance, he had put them all on edge.

Itchy trigger fingers.

“Is there a problem Officer?” The moment that Rudy Jones opened his mouth, the edgy officers erupted bullets upon him.

The first bullet seemed frozen in time. The moment lasted forever. The small lead cylinder was aimed directly at between the Parasite’s eyes, and there it resided, spinning like a drill, but not moving forward. Its inertia had been siphoned into the Parasite’s body. It fell to the ground with a small metallic clink.

The thousands of other bullets followed as time continued onward. The Parasite began to slowly walk forward, a scowl appearing on his face as the bullets rocketed towards him. Every single one of them came to a dead stop in mid-air as they came within an inch of his body. The officers soon ran out of ammunition. Their weapons obviously weren’t LexCorp products, because they seemed to be in perfect working condition. It was their target who wasn’t cooperating.

A cloud of frozen bullets had accumulated around Lex Luthor’s form. Suddenly, all at once, every bullet fell to the ground. The noise of the falling bullets was a jingle that reminded the Parasite of Christmas.

“Didn’t want you guys to ruin my suit before I got a chance to.”

To Marc Worden and his entire team’s surprise, the man infront of them began to change. Lex Luthor became much taller, towering over everyone else at the scene, his suit tearing as a result and wafting to the ground. His cold green eyes became a pupilless yellow, which literally glowed and emitted enough light to illuminate the scene if the flashlights weren’t present. Luthor’s flawless white teeth sharpened to needlelike points. More razor teeth began to grow around the sides of his mouth as well. Finally, the color of his skin turned from a well-tanned shade into a deep, dark purple, and white stripes began to take shape around his torso and wrists.

The only words that Captain Marc Worden of the Metropolis SWAT division could utter from his lips were “my god”. The immense monster who stood before him took one swing at Captain Worden, taking his head clean off.

“Thanks for the jumpstart, jerks! Guess none of ya ever heard’a the Parasite, huh? That’s right! I’m back, and I’m gonna drain all of ya dry faster than you can drink a cold beer in August!”

god2kf.jpg

The Parasite quickly leapt into the crowd of helpless police officers and began to accept their gracious donations to the Rudy Jones Wish Foundation.

"26" CRASH!!! "27"

The Joker has to run out of robots eventually. Doesn't he?

"28" CRASH!!! "29"

ww_robot.jpg

B-5-7.jpg

That's me, Brainiac 5.1, The Legion's resident genius and generally annoyed sentient. Right now my patience is being tested by one Bart Allen a.k.a. Impulse a.k.a. Kid Flash. Sometimes I forget and just call him Koko since he's as useful as my previous lab monkey. He has taken to building a Time Platform regardless of the Legion's insistence that he don't. Fearing for the safety of all of existence I'm going over what he's built since we've learned that there's not much you can do to stop the impulsive Kid Flash once he's set his mind to something.

He's using one of the labs at Legion HQ that is being refitted after one of my experiments malfunctioned. The place is a bigger mess than it was after the...explosion. The half built machine fits in with the rest of the broken scenery except it's incredibly clean compared to the rest of the soot covered surfaces.

What are you doing?!- Bart asks idignantly.
Making sure you don't destroy our reality.- I reply coldly.
I know What I'm doing!! I read all the specs and even accessed the Time Institute's informatiooonnnnnwwwwwwhich I shouldn't have said.
Sigh! I surmised as much. LOOK AT THIS! And you say you read EVERYTHING?!?! The first creature that crawled from the primordial ooze could have done better than this!!!
HEY! I DID read everything! I have superspeed, remember? I also remember everything and I'm more smart...smartER than I was before since I've read a LOT. A LOT, BRAINY!!!
You assembled this wrong. Look...this goes here...
And then?
You take this out of here and put it there...
And THEN?
OH MY BON! THAT goes THERE and HERE so it pops out at the OPPOSITE side!!
And theeeeeeeeeen?:DClick here for audio.
You take...where?...*exasperated sigh*...THIS part doesn't go in THAT mechanism it goes in the poorly assembled one I'm correcting liiiiike...SO!
ANDTHEN??
...you snap this part here and rotate it like so and it's finished.
Aaaaaaand then?:)
NO AND THEN, NO AND THEN!!!!!!!!:mad:Angry Brainy audio.
Okay, okay! Don't get angry!! I was just trying to learn by watching you.Chill!

I take a moment to compose my self and answer back- "I assure you, my temperature levels are just fine." He might be from the 30th century, like me, but he was raised in the 21st and it shows. He still sports the same annoying smile that has been eerily plastered on his face during my correction of one of the Platform's devices.

Dude! Are you sure you're not forgetting to put the Continuum Transfunctioner in that thing you just fixed.
Of course not! From the specs you should know that the Continuum Tranfunc...!
I turn at him slowly and hope the anger is evident in my eyes. His grin is so wide that it threatens to split his face in two if it was scientifically possible.
"What-the-SPROCK-is-a-Continuum-Transfunctioner?"
"A mysterious and powerful device, whose mystery is exceeded only by its power."- he responds while holding back laughter.

Suddenly I feel very tired and decide to come back when he's not around. Temporal mechanics are complex enough without having other juvenile distractions to interrupt critical work. I should go to the Temporal Lab and make other preparations meanwhile.

Not far off from Gotham City, 7 men sat by a table, in a secret location. There was a silence between them, until one rose. In this gathering of people, the one who rose stuck out like a sore thumb. He had a human figure, but his mind was far beyond human. Twisted, insane. It was all rolled into one with this man. And with a face like Black Mask's, judging character by how they look is all you need. Once he wore a mask assembled from his farther's coffin. Now, he'd lost it, but his face still resembled that mask. It was scarred. A souvenier if you like. When his mask was burnt to his face, he tore it off, leaving his ugly, black face.

Just like the mask. Masks make men into gods. They don and alter ego, leaving behind their weak others, and becoming new men, fit and strong. Ready to serve the king of all masks, Black Mask himself.

This wasn't a good time for Black Mask. He once was the top dog when it came to the mob in Gotham. But due to recent events, he'd been pushed out. The man called Two-face had ruined his plans. He wasn't going to stand for this. He, and those still loyal to him, were going to take Gotham back, piece by piece.

"Gentlemen," he said addressing the others, "I thankyou for gathering here on such short notice. You know of our current situation. We have been flushed out. This, Two-face, thinks he can walk all over us. We're about to proove him wrong. He thinks he can keep an eye on us does he? Well, Mr. Greshna, I'm afraid your cover is blown." he turned to one man, who looked in horro into Black Mask's evil eyes as they shone with glee. "We've known about you for quite some time. How dare you wear that mask!" each man was wearing a mask, as by the rule of Black Mask. "You think you can play me for a fool? Reynolds, come in please."

A door opened, a man entered holding a woman, who was trying to break free. "Pamela?" Mr. Greshna said in surprise.

"Your wife? Oh what a coincidence!" Black Mask said in delight. He put his hand in one pocket, producing a lighter.

"Don't touch her!" Greshna shouted, "Please! I'll do anything."

"Don't worry Mr. Greshna, I won't touch her." Black Mask replied igniting a flame. "As you can see she's wearing flame resistant clothing." he shoved the flame closer to her. Turning back to Greshna, he let out a sly smile before saying, "Except for her face." Edging, the flame nearer, it caught the womans face, it soon spread a light. Black Mask cakled in laughter as she screamed. "Your face is now a mask! But not one for those who are strong, your mask is filled with shame, it scars you emotionally as it does physically."

"NOOO!" Greshna screamed.

"Oh you didn't want that to happen? I'm sorry. You could give her a last minute kiss before I kill her." Mask pointed a gun at Greshna. "Do it." Slowly, the man walked over to his screaming wife. "DO IT!" Black Mask screamed. Greshna wouldn't budge. Mask grabbed the back of his head and forced it into his wifes face. He screamed in pain as the skin on his face burnt onto his wife's, sticking them together. Black Mask took his gun, and placed it on the back of Greshna's head. "Until death parts you." he pulledthe trigger, the bullet going through both heads killing them both.

The other men had watched in horror at this. "We're going to take back this city. And if anyone stops me, I'll do much worse than that." Reynolds grabbed the bodies and dragged them out.

"If you'll excuse me, I have business to attend to." he stepped outside into the night air. Taking a deep breath of Bludhaven air, he felt his blackned face. Once such a handsome figure, ruined. But he saw it as a gift. He'd got what he'd always wanted, to be feared, then it was taken away from him by Two-face, but he was going to get it back, and when he did, Batman would fall to his knees and beg to be killed by him.

The Joker's smile faded. Batman didn't want to play along.

"No," The Joker replied, equally bluntly, "I'm not telling."

"Yes." said Batman.

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"YES!"

"NO NO NO!" shouted The Joker, ending the exchange.

There was a brief silence. In this time, each man stared at the other, hate filling their eyes. This caused a thought to occur to The Joker.

"As I was saying, we define each other, Batsy," he said, breaking the silence, "That's why you can never bring yourself to kill me, no matter what I do. Isn't that right?"

"No, it isn't," answered Batman.

"Yes it is!" snapped The Joker.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"YES!" cried The Joker in exasperation, "Now you're just being obtuse!"

"No I'm not," answered Batman.

"Yes you...oh for God's sake!" exclaimed The Joker, "You don't want to chat, fine. I'll talk to someone else instead."

The Joker turned to Harley Quinn.

"Harley, why don't we pay the Gordons a little visit?"

Catwoman was shooting down the road. Liberty Island. How the hell am I going to Liberty Island? As she approached the water, her eyes searched the island that was just a few miles away. She quickly got off her bike and examined the situation. A ferry boat was half way to another side of the island. Getting back on the motorcycle she drove backwards and quickly shot up the turbo boosters. Sailing over the water she managed to land on the ferry.

LATER

Selina stood in front of what seemed to be a military base. Ripping of her cape, she opened the forbidding door and walked into a vast hallway.

“Batman?” she yelled.

No reply.

The hero stepped forward, just one step, and the floor beneath her fell back. Catwoman spread her legs out between the two sides of the pit. Sharp and blood covered blades were planted at the bottom of the trap; Selina’s face centimeters away from them. Tapping a button on her utility belt, a grapple hook broke out from a back compartment and hit the rafter above her. She flipped up and landed on the floor again.

Selina swung to the door at the end of the hallway. Opening the metal plated door, she peeked into the room. Empty. This wasn’t right. Flipping on her night vision goggles, the room appeared to its true colors. An array of lasers decorated the room. Just as she ducked under the first laser, a gun turret appeared at the end of the room and shot at Selina. A bullet hit the young woman as she dodged lasers and bullets alike.

“AHH!” she screeched in pain.

A recording rung into her ear.

“Talented hero, you have managed to get through the first stage of my house of goodies! You won’t last long! Try not to get blood on the furniture. And remember, if you’re going go, go out with a smile!”

Joker.

The next room was even more dangerous than before. A hall of mirrors. No exits and no air. With a damaged arm, she was lucky she couldn’t even reach her belt. With on sonic bomb, all the mirrors broke and the true exit was exposed.

The next trap consisted of flamethrows, which the acrobat had to slide under as the singed her boots.

Another room was filled with landmines. Catwoman accidenlty steeped on one, which resulted in her flying to the other end of the room, making the exit quick.

Once more, four clownbots erupted out of a toy train, each holding somesort of weapon. Catwoman broke the first's head off, the next two collided, and with a grand flip and a punch to the back, the final robot's power cell failed.

Selina opened the final door and not even with a warning, over a hundred spinning blades shot at her, 5 of them, each ripping a little bit out of her. She spun out as the steel disks reached out for her. As soon as she managed to dodge that, a heat seeking missile blasted out of a turret in the wall. The sleek missle blasted towards her.

“****!”

She shot her grapple gun and swung half way across the room before throwing a bomb at the floor. Flames shot up everywhere,engulfing the room, attracting the missile and ending the assault.

She pushed open a steel door and said, with her costume in ruins,

“Joker, you’re dead,”

Catwoman04.jpg

Keyser Soze said:
The Joker's smile faded. Batman didn't want to play along.

"No," The Joker replied, equally bluntly, "I'm not telling."

"Yes." said Batman.

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"YES!"

"NO NO NO!" shouted The Joker, ending the exchange.

There was a brief silence. In this time, each man stared at the other, hate filling their eyes. This caused a thought to occur to The Joker.

"As I was saying, we define each other, Batsy," he said, breaking the silence, "That's why you can never bring yourself to kill me, no matter what I do. Isn't that right?"

"No, it isn't," answered Batman.

"Yes it is!" snapped The Joker.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"YES!" cried The Joker in exasperation, "Now you're just being obtuse!"

"No I'm not," answered Batman.

"Yes you...oh for God's sake!" exclaimed The Joker, "You don't want to chat, fine. I'll talk to someone else instead."

The Joker turned to Harley Quinn.

"Harley, why don't we pay the Gordons a little visit?"

Harley smiled as she linked Joker's right arm.

"That's right puddin take a break and play a while,doo dah doo dah.Guarantee I'll make you smile,oh da doo da day".

As they walked towards the door Harley looked back and stuck her tongue out at Batman.

"Which Gordon are we gonna get puddin?? The stuffy old cop or his prissy little daughter??"

*I've been waiting at Gunn's Tavern for a while now, waiting for the infamous Rex Mason. I don't think he's gonna show...*

IC: METAMORPHO

"Damnit...I was supposed to be at Gunn's Tavern half an hour ago...I knew I should have drove" Rex thought walking down the sidewalk towards the Tavern. It was dark out and it slowly began to pour.

"Great...what else can go wrong?" Rex said buttoning up his trench coat and tilting his hat forward. He started to walk faster and faster through the rain until he came to an intersection. Suddenly he heard breaking glass down the road. He ran over and saw 3 thugs. They had just thrown a garbage can through a store window. The alarms went off as they climbed in.

"I thought you said this place didn't have an alarm you dip $hit!" the first robber said to the other.

"I thought it didn't...I swear I didn't know"

"Shut the hell up and grab the money so we can get the *uck out of here" the third robber said. They grabbed the money out of the register and ran towards the broken window. The second the first robber stepped foot outside Rex grabbed him by his throat and threw him into the wall.

"Didn't your momma ever teach you that stealin' is bad?" Rex said as he turned his hand into an iron bat and swatted another crook to the side.

"I'm gonna kill you mother*ucker!" The other thug said as he punched rex in the chest. Rex turned his chest into a yellowish sludge as the crook punched right through to the other side "Wha-what the hell...what are you??" he said scared out of his mind.

"I'm.........complex" Rex said pulling the crooks arm out and tossing him to the ground.

The thug that Rex previously threw against the wall pulled out a gun and began to fire "Lets see if your complex enough to bleed you freak!" he said as he used every bullet in the gun.

"Bullets? thats good I like that" Rex said as his body transformed back into his human form after just changing into a gas to avoid the bullets. "But I dont need weapons...my body IS the weapon" Rex said turning his hand into a gushing cement like substance.

He stuck the first criminal to the wall with the substance...he wasn't going anywhere. He followed suit with the other criminals lining them up one after the other. "What you guys need is some good jail time....it'll really make you guys rethink your lives" Rex said as he begun to laugh

"Oh? And whats that? Sirens! Well looks like the cops are coming...have fun boys...don't mind me for taking my leave but I have a previous engagement that I am already tardy for" he said as he put his trench coat and hat back on and proceed towards the Tavern.

The remainder of the walk was good for Rex...he thought about a lot of things...and came to a few conclusions. He felt really good about stopping those crooks...it was a feeling he could get used to. He finally reached the tavern and saw Hal. He walked over to him and took a seat

"Sorry i'm late Hal...I was delayed...I had to show some punks that crime doesn't pay" Rex said with a sarcastic smirk. "And you know what? I liked it...tonights events got the wheels spinning in my head my old friend...and I think I have a crazy idea. If you guys will have me.......I'd like to join the Justice League......"

META1.bmp

"Don't worry snookums," said The Joker, patting Harley's arm, "We'll have plenty of time for both the Gordons."

Just then, a door in front of them swung open. Standing there, her costume in tatters, was Catwoman.

"“Joker, you’re dead,” she said.

For a moment, nobody said anything. How could this stupid ****e have got to Liberty Island? How had she survived his House Of Fun? And why oh why did he put a doorway leading up here at the end of the funhouse? Finally, a smile slowly spread across his face.

"Catwoman! Nice of you to join the party," he chuckled, "Sadly, I was just leaving."

But Catwoman was blocking their exit. The Joker's grin briefly faltered, but it soon spread widely again.

"I suggest you move out of our way, sweetheart," he said, taking out his remote control, "Because if I press this button, Batman's cell will be filled with my laughing gas."

The Joker and Catwoman stared at each other, each one waiting to see who was going to back down.

"The only way to save him is to let us go," he added, "If you try and stop me, I'll kill him."

Catwoman looked at her two opponents. If she let them go, the Gordons would die. If she attacked them, Bruce would die. Yet even if she did let them go, they still might let the gas on Batman. She thought. The Gordons mean something to this city. I can’t let them die, but Batman…this city needs him. Selina stepped aside.

The Joker grinned wickedly.

"The wise choice, honey," he said patronisingly.

Still linking arms with Harley Quinn, he swaggered past Catwoman - lingering long enough to smell her hair - then walked through the doorway.

"Oh, and one other thing," he called back as he headed for the roof, "It's not so wise to trust a psychopath. HAHAHAHAHA!"

The Joker pressed the button on his remote, triggering the release of the lethal laughing gas in Batman's cell.

“You rotten bastard,” Catwoman said she ran over to Batman’s cell.

“Get in the corner and cover your head,”

Catwoman pulled a small charge out of Batgirl’s utility belt. Throwing it at the hard walls of the chamber, the cage blew up, freeing Bruce.

“Stay here,”

Selina raced towards the exit. The Joker and Harley were about to step into a small chopper. Racing forward, she leeched onto his back and swung her foot around knocking Harley into the chopper. Unlatching her whip she pulled it around his neck.

“You’re not going anywhere Joker,”

CRASH!!!

"Sixty. He only had sixty."

Time to get in there. Wonder Woman notices that Batman's signal is gone from her JLA tracker.

"Goddess! I'll just have to go to his last known position."

She rushes down the Digger's tunnel and starts drilling through the ground towards the cell.

wonderwoman800.jpg

I am sitting on an asteroid in the same system in which that nothing of a planet I just left spins.

Why am I doing this?

The question continues to ring through my head. My frustration grows as I can't come up with an answer. In frustration I lash out with my ring, energy whipping through a nearby asteroid, rendering it in half. It doesn't help my mood any.

I stand and begin to pace yet again. Hand behind my back, I walk back and forth, ignoring the awe inspiring sights around and above me. I don't want order. I don't want chaos... And than...realization finally dawns.

I do not want the Guardian's order. I do not want the Qwardians chaos.

I want my own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"