The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season V Signup/OOC Thread

I personally very strongly wish to keep the three reasons you wish to play the character. But at the same time I'd want it to be taken more seriously. That can also be used to separate from people who actually know the characters from those who don't. Fun and games are...fun, but I don't think when people list out "who doesn't love the goddamn batman?" it is just dumb.

I think actually thought out reasons should be required on the application.
The "write two complete sentences" thing always seems to sum what what I have to say in the "three reasons you wish to blahblahblah" in my apps, so my three reasons are essentially just repeating what I've already put down in the app.

That's just the way I always find it. Could be different for others, I dunno.

Awsome. :up: I just think that the "screen name", "three reasons" and "where you found the RPG" are unneeded.

The screenname part is needed. It makes it easier for planning arcs if you can instant message someone. Sure, you can PM and ask for their instant message if they have one, but if you already have plans in mind you want to run by someone, or you just want to have their IM just in case, the application supplies it.

I'll repost this because of how difficult it was just for one person to look at it since I, like an idiot, put it after already posting, therefore no one else saw the edit.

But I do think this should be considered for the app:

Perhaps what could be included would be where you plan to take off from continuity-wise? For some characters who have had their own titles, perhaps it is crucial. An example was when I took up Aquaman and was going from the Waterbearer arc.

I think I've voiced my opinion really well, so I'm gonna take the rest of the night off and watch The Dark Crystal. :up:

I'll repost this because of how difficult it was just for one person to look at it since I, like an idiot, put it after already posting, therefore no one else saw the edit.

Perhaps what could be included would be where you plan to take off from continuity-wise? For some characters who have had their own titles, perhaps it is crucial. An example was when I took up Aquaman and was going from the Waterbearer arc.
Might not be a bad idea. Lord knows I don't want anyone thinking that I'm taking Metallo off from where he is circa OYL. :wow:

Yeah, but all you are talking about cutting it down. If we don't have the text roster, what's the point?

The text thing on the application was more about the IC thread than the roster though. That way, right off the bat we know when someone's character is speaking.

I don't know about that. I mean, it's all suppose to be post IC right? I mean, that's suppose to be the jumpoff point, but it's not a big of a deal that warrants a section on the app.

I don't know about that. I mean, it's all suppose to be pre IC right? I mean, that's suppose to be the jumpoff point, but it's not a big of a deal that warrants a section on the app.
Is that what you meant?

DC RPG Season VI Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play and what font do you plan on using for your character?:

Powers and shot bio of your character (atleast two complete sentences):

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype? If so, please post your desired picture for the roster:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

I think it is important to allow the people to choose where they wish to take off with their character if they had some big storyline or title as long as it doesn't force a big event like Identity Crisis or Infinite Crisis into the mix of the RPG's continuity.

I think it is important to allow the people to choose where they wish to take off with their character if they had some big storyline or title as long as it doesn't force a big event like Identity Crisis or Infinite Crisis into the mix of the RPG's continuity.

I agree, but it's not important enough to earn a place on the app, IMO. As long as it's post COIE, Zero Hour, OWAW, Etc.

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers and shot bio of your character (atleast two complete sentences):

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

What fonts do you plan on using for your character? (please include color, size and font no "Superman talks like this!"):

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype? If so, please post your desired picture for the roster:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Instead of asking for the font as a separate question, why not require them to post their character's name in the font.

For example: Jay Garrick. Jay Garrick's thoughts.

That way two questions get combined in one. And we don't really need the font name if we're doing the picture roster.

Instead of asking for the font as a separate question, why not require them to post their character's name in the font.

For example: Jay Garrick. Jay Garrick's thoughts.

That way two questions get combined in one. And we don't really need the font name if we're doing the picture roster.

Good idea, Wieg.

Corrected for grammar. Normally I don't care, but something like the official application should look spiffy. :oldrazz::up:

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers and short biography of your character (at least two complete sentences):

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

What font do you plan on using for your character? (please include color, size and font; no "Superman talks like this!"):

The screenname part is needed. It makes it easier for planning arcs if you can instant message someone. Sure, you can PM and ask for their instant message if they have one, but if you already have plans in mind you want to run by someone, or you just want to have their IM just in case, the application supplies it.
No I meant the screen name on the HYPE!. Thats why I deleted that, and kept the IM name. Thats valid, the hype sceen name isn't. Its pretty obvious what their name is.

Don't see what is wrong with having you type in your username. It is an application like if you were hand-writing it.

Yeah...but you don't walk around in real life with your name printed on your forehead.

Also, I still fail to see how the "Three Reasons" are already supplied where it asks about your goals in the RPG with that said character. Why you chose a character and what you plan to do aren't the same; especially if you require elaborate reasoning.

If it was, I think that correction would've been made 6 Seasons ago when the first RPG started...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"