The Wrestling Thread generates more income than Darren Young - Part 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought Christian's finisher was a bit lame. The Unprettier. It was never a smooth transition to get into the move in the first place and was always a bit painful watching the opponent assist by being completely limp during the move transition.

Haha so true. Takes me out of the match everytime.

Miz and Sandow's are in the same boat too. The WMD is way more believable to finish a match with.

I'd be curious if Hurricane Sandy has any affect on this week's Raw TV tapings in North Carolina.

The truth is any move that requires you to lift or drop your opponent is incredibly stupid when you think about it. Because the opponent always helps and it's always obvious that they are helping. But if we took those away some of the best moves would be gone.

I've used the sharpshooter on a friend, that works :up:

What about RVD's frog splash , that always seems to hurt him just as much.

Also Big Show's finisher is probably the most believable .

The superplex is my favorite non-sensical wrestling move, especially the german-style superplex done by Randy Orton and Scott Hall. I mean, both you and your opponent are taking almost the same punishment, except maybe your opponent is coming down from a marginally higher height. Yet your opponent is almost killed, but you get up like nothing's happened. :funny::up:

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the simple finishing moves (especially submissions) but I've always found the leg drop lame.
Go try it in the street. You won't walk for a week.

The leg drop is not a fun move to his. At all. I loves me some Hogan, more or less, but that move is not fun to do.

]What about RVD's frog splash , that always seems to hurt him just as much.
One of the few things RVD has done right is show that the 5 Star Frog Splash doesn't just take out his opponent, but hurts him just as much, which a move like that should. Especially from the height and distance he usually hits it from. Only makes sense, driving your own body weight down onto another person will hurt you as well. Helps with the believability of that move. Makes you ask if it hurt RVD that much, what did it do to his opponent.

The mood in the WWE locker room is probably going to be a bit somber as the entire WWE roster awaits the condition of Lilian Garcia.

It'll be a huge surprise (but a great surprise) if she is able to ring announce tomorrow.

I like the WMD. It's literally a 7-foot, 450 pound man punching you directly in the skull. I'd sooner sit in the Steiner Recliner than experience that for real.

I think I'd rather take that than Big Show's spear. The idea of a 450lber--one who can actually accelerate--barreling into me sounds like an express ticket to intensive care.

I'm sure it hurts less with Hogan's flabby, leathery, overcooked ass.

Since he spent most of his career around 300lbs, it probably hurt more instead of less. That's a lot of weight compressing the spine and hips.

And here I thought we'd get a Cena free Hell In A Cell PPV...

WZ has learned from sources that John Cena's elbow is said to be completely healed.

Cena appeared on WWE programming this past week with no brace on the elbow. We've learned since then, another medical test has revealed his elbow is doing even better. This has led to talk backstage of getting him physically involved during Hell in a Cell.

No word yet on if he would be inserted into a match or just given a spot, but sources tell us this positive medical news has opened up new options for WWE in booking the pay-per-view.

If we get Cena vs Punk tomorrow night, I HOPE we don't get the same match for Survivor Series and TLC until Rock shows up in Royal Rumble.

And even though I don't like the idea of Cena wrestling Punk again, lol, this actually helps WWE in keeping Ryback's streak with having Ryback being attacked backstage which would lead to Cena taking Ryback's place.

And here I thought we'd get a Cena free Hell In A Cell PPV...

If we get Cena vs Punk tomorrow night, I HOPE we don't get the same match for Survivor Series and TLC until Rock shows up in Royal Rumble.

And even though I don't like the idea of Cena wrestling Punk again, lol, this actually helps WWE in keeping Ryback's streak with having Ryback being attacked backstage which would lead to Cena taking Ryback's place.

Hey, maybe they can use this as an opportunity for Cena's heel turn :woot:.

Have Ryback attacked backstage, with Cena then inserted into the match in his place. Then it can later be revealed that he was the one who attacked Ryback.

One of the few things RVD has done right is show that the 5 Star Frog Splash doesn't just take out his opponent, but hurts him just as much, which a move like that should. Especially from the height and distance he usually hits it from. Only makes sense, driving your own body weight down onto another person will hurt you as well. Helps with the believability of that move. Makes you ask if it hurt RVD that much, what did it do to his opponent.

Yeah, especially considering he's done it on occasion with a chair covering his opponent.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that collision. It reminds me of Jeff Hardy always putting himself out in the Tlc matches.

Have Ryback attacked backstage, with Cena then inserted into the match in his place. Then it can later be revealed that he was the one who attacked Ryback.

Cena wearing a long blonde wig? That's synergy, baby!!!

I'm actually going to Hell In A Cell today with my brother. Wish me luck. :D

I'm always paranoid something will go wrong haha.

Remember when they did that with Rikishi in 2000?

Does anyone know if that 6-man HIAC is on the DVD set?

Does anyone have the video of The Miz shooting on Kofi before he got his face kicked of that night?

The truth is any move that requires you to lift or drop your opponent is incredibly stupid when you think about it. Because the opponent always helps and it's always obvious that they are helping. But if we took those away some of the best moves would be gone.
I'm always willing to suspend my disbelief, such is wrestling but some moves are just completely useless.

Ironically, this is the one PPV where I wanted to see Cena in the main event as him AND Punk have neither won a HIAC match so a rematch between them would've been interesting in this gimmick match.

Predictions:

Del Rio (after his one-sided feud loss to Sheamus, he needs a high profile win to redeem credibility)

Kane & Bryan

Kofi

Big Show (to keep this feud going)

Eve (too soon for Eve to lose the title)

Punk (The Streak is OVER!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"