The Wrestling Thread Saw the End of An Era - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, it's cause he himself is southern but wants to be as far away from that as possible and wants to be seen as more of a high class businessman.

I do not understand what that has to do with being a high class buisnessman, I mean just cause you are southern does not mean you are a middle class person. Jeez if Vince really thinks like this he is crazy.

I do not understand what that has to do with being a high class buisnessman, I mean just cause you are southern does not mean you are a middle class person. Jeez if Vince really thinks like this he is crazy.

Maybe he's related to an ex-Confederate slave holder.

hwkcw8.jpg

Nell and BL are/were good posters, and I think no matter how much arguing goes/went on, they add more to the thread than take away. Unlike the previously mentioned LastSunrise, who was so hardheaded he got banned from the threads.

Nell, while stuck on his ideals on what wrestling should be (and can't argue it, it's what a lot of people feel that don't frequent this thread or other places, I know someone like this in person), but he's shown growth with his acceptance of some wrestlers like Punk and Ziggler.

Now that being said, everything you say is wrong, Nell! :cmad: :oldrazz:

BL was entertaining as hell :up: I missed some of the LastSunrise stuff but it amuse me that he keeps getting brought up, it must of been interesting. I don't mind reading different opinions and it does keep the conversation going. At least Nell will give an explanation. The only thing that bothers me is calling everyone here "iwc" as an insult.
I think we all want to be entertained but at the same time see wrestling reach it's potential by improving on a few things.

As for the HOF It does indeed come down to whether or not Vince likes someone. Thats all that really matters. I wish they'd have the superstars past and present vote on it.

That would be a good idea and hopefully not questionable voting like the greatest superstars dvd.

I read Carrey stayed in character with Lawler. Not sure how true that is but it would be a very Kaufman-like act.

Carrey seems out there enough to do something like that. His impression was spot on though .

Why do people think that Andy Kaufman is still alive? The man is dead. Besides isn't it illegal to fake a death? Newsflash to those people, Tupac is also dead and not hiding out in Brazil or anything like that.

Also every time I think of Andy Kaufman, this song comes in my head:

[YT]1hKSYgOGtos[/YT]

There's lot's of reason. Andy even joked to people about faking his death and returning ten years later. Also at the time it was rare to die young of lung cancer. Oddly, Andy supposedly never smoked but his character Tony Clifton did.

Well, I am of the belief that Andy Kaufman is dead, like Tupac.

Taker has 20 straight wins at Mania. Now that they're preparing a 20-0 dvd set, I wonder if the streak will end next year. ;)

It makes you wonder. I was hoping they would wait until his final match. if they do a career retrospective they could actually do a part one and two set.

Joe was misused to the point that he cannot ever be booked as a top guy again. Joe's performances were certainly lackluster after his top run. I'm not sure if it's because of a lack of motivation or if it was due to injuries, but he was not the same after he lost his title. I know TNA wanted him to get into better shape and WWE wouldn't sign him unless he changed his appearance. Joe is a little bit of his own worst enemy.

Some people believe he's already peaked.I hope that's not the case.
Also i used to be concerned about what would happen if they did use him but now anything the WWE gave him would be considered an upgrade.

I can understand where Vince is coming from. I currently live in the south and the last thing I'd want to be considered is a southerner.

I'd rather be called an iwc smark!!

:p

(it's a joke, by the way)

Damn it Nell , lol.

Well, I am of the belief that Andy Kaufman is dead, like Tupac.

He's long gone unfortunately :csad: Not sure about Tupac.

WWE.com posted a career retrospective of Brock Lensar :

[YT]fA4o5RqBa44&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

Nice video.

Also we'll have a new thread soon. Start suggesting titles.

I see in Punks latest tweets even he is taking notice of Ambrose's work.

I never understood why VKM did not like southern wrestling or southern people for that matter.

As far as I know it's because Vince was raised in a trailer park with an abusive redneck stepfather who beat him and his mother. Later, he found out his real father was the big time wrestling promoter business man from New York City who brought him into the family business that made him a multi-millionaire. It's no wonder he ended up liking the latter of the two things more.

I can understand where Vince is coming from. I currently live in the south and the last thing I'd want to be considered is a southerner.

I'd rather be called an iwc smark!!

:p

(it's a joke, by the way)

Nell, We've been civil to each other, but make fun of us southerners again and you're done son! :cwink:

Some people believe he's already peaked.I hope that's not the case.
Also i used to be concerned about what would happen if they did use him but now anything the WWE gave him would be considered an upgrade.

Joe is done as a top guy. It could have been much better but he's gone as far as he's going to go.

I don't think going to WWE would be an upgrade for him at all other than receiving a higher paycheck possibly. I would bet the farm that if he went to WWE in his current physical shape, he would be booked poorly or as a joke.

Every time Joe's TNA contract has expired WWE has shown no interest in him. The reason being is his look. As long as Vince is running things, which will be for a long long time, and HHH has any say, WWE will not hire Joe to come in and be a credible player. They value a certain look, and I don't mean just a muscled-up guy, but someone who looks in-shape. Joe does not fit the bill.

Unfortunately for Joe, he is not big enough to get away with his physique to make it work in WWE. He is not a big physically imposing guy, like Umaga or Brodus. He looks like your average Joe (no pun intended) who doesn't bother to take care of himself.

Unless Joe willing to go to WWE and get stuck with a stupid gimmick, he is not going to do, at least right now, he is going to stay in TNA. Joe wants to be treated like an ass-kicker and he will not be treated as such in WWE.

The role Joe has now in TNA is fine. He may not be a top guy, but he is receiving a good push as a tag champion with Magnus and is over. As long as he has a prominent role on TNA television, he's in a good spot.

Punk announced during an interview that the main event tonight will be

Cena/Punk vs Kane/Jericho

also its nice that he has changed his views on the Rock.

Credit www.PWInsider.com

Scott Steiner responded to Hulk Hogan via Twitter in his unique, colorful way, writing:

"U R a fool Hogan-U n bischoff arrogantly came into Tna n disrespected n sh** on evrybdy bhind closed doors n in the media. U unprofessional mothrf**k'rs attackd AJ,Roode,Angle n Borash n the media,but to attack Angle professionally n personally was bullsh** Which i will address later,YOU,bischoff n pritchard book the show,tell me how u lobbying yurself to get me back,U lying piece of sh**. No believes yur bullsh**,U see money n talent in me really,U also think *****offs son is the future of wrestling F*** U. Yur an idiot,U intro me to yur family n im nice doesn't mean i give a f**k about u N and yur bust-out family. Put yur daughter on the corner n see if she can earn money on her back bcuz she cant sing or dance. U dont know....u dont know who i am and what im capable of..yur creative control wont help u in real life situations"

- As I wrote last week in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, the new TNA-SpikeTV deal locks in TNA Impact Wrestling on the air with the network through October 2014. The current deal was set to expire this October, so they've signed a new two year contract. There are a lot of relieved people working for TNA right now that the deal was signed and signed as early as it was.

One of the points discussed during negotiations was that Ultimate Fighter, which left Spike for F/X as part of the big money UFC-FOX TV deal is only doing around 1.2 million viewers while TNA is bringing close to 1.7 million viewers in for Spike weekly, with much of that audience being the coveted Males 18-34, which is a base any cable network would want. The goal among both sides is to get that audience viewing number to two million a week.

The language in the contract is specifically for Impact Wrestling, not additional programming but should the right project come along, whether it be pro wrestling or something else TNA produces (such as their discusses "Soccer Moms" reality show), Spike would be interested in discussing the project. The last contract allowed Spike the right of first refusal for new TV projects. I have not heard whether that clause remained with the new deal, but it's likely.

There was no talk of live TNA specials for the network that I am aware of during the negotiations, but it's a possibility.

The contract language does not include holding more Impacts "on the road" outside of Orlando as part of the official deal but the plan is to do more of them this year, according to sources.

Randy Orton commented on the decision to drop him as a lead from WWE Studios' Marine: Homefront, writing to a fan via Twitter, "I respect our military. That's why I've gone to Iraq or Afghan 3 times and met thousands of soldiers. Funny that's not mentioned."

Orton also re-tweeted the following comment from another fan: "Everyone knows about @RandyOrton past, so y offer him the movie part and then decide to drop him?"

Marine: Homefront is scheduled to shoot this June in Vancouver, British Columbia. WWE is mulling over options to replace Orton.

Would not be surprised to see Cena return for Marine 3.

Nell, We've been civil to each other, but make fun of us southerners again and you're done son! :cwink:

haha, what part of the south are you from?

I don't hate everyone - in fact I have made tons and tons and tons of great friends out here in the south, and in general, have probably enjoyed the highest points of my life here.

But, I've also experienced some lows, I have watched how "southern values" have destroyed certain bonds within my family, and I just see so much backwards intolerance and hatred down here.

On another note, back to wrestling, has anyone ever heard of or checked out this game?

http://www.hhmtl.com/PW/downloads.html

For all of us wanna-be bookers (and I include myself in that, I'm not using the term in a derogatory fashion), I think this game is great.

I originally found it probably 10 years ago or so. Back then, you took either WWF or WCW, and tried to win the ratings wars. You had full control over the booking. Of course, it was all text based, but I still found it interesting.

WWF finally caught wind of it, and had it shut down, so instead of using WWF rosters, you were controlling indies like ROH or TNA (before it got "big).

Now, how, I don't know, but they've gotten WWE rosters back. You can control WWE, TNA, ROH, or a bunch of other indies, as well as creating your own indy fed to try to compete against the big dogs.

You have even more control now, lots more match types, and much more freedom in what you can do. If you control WWE, you have full control over the roster split, you can keep it or end it, create more titles, retire titles, and of course, just like the old game, you can approach stars from other companies to bring over. So for everyone who think guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are being wasted in TNA, bring them over to WWE and give them the push you think they deserve! Bring over Sting and have him go for Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania!

It's a text based game, but I've always really liked it. And the amount of wrestlers they have is just absolutely incredible. I mean, this game probably includes virtually every professional wrestler in the world.

I'd recommend you guys check it out, it's really fun to compare companies and such. If any of you do check it out, make sure you also download the update so you can get the WWE rosters as well. It's accurate up to about October of last year. So like, Daniel Bryan is the World Heavyweight Champion, but he's still booked as a face (of course you can change that if you choose).

I'm probably going to restart, just cuz I messed some things up, but I was messing around with the WWE, I ended the roster split, and had a unification feud between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan to unify the World titles. I didn't quite get to the PPV to have the match, but I was planning on having CM Punk go over to unify the titles. But I ended up needing to start over, because I was trying to book some specific feuds and matches but couldn't get because the wrestlers, even though they are on the roster, can't be used in matches since they are retired as active (I.E.: Edge and Shawn Michaels. Both on the roster, and can even be used in feuds, but can't compete in matches).

The Wrestling Thread Says "Here Comes The Pain!"

Konnan said:
Shawn told this to Rey Mysterio once and I couldn’t believe it and I told Rey Mysterio, please don’t follow that advice. He said that Shawn once told him, ‘Do you like doing jobs?’ and Rey said, ‘I don’t mind.’ Shawn said, ‘I don’t. I don’t like doing jobs and you shouldn’t either.’ I was thinking to myself, that’s the worst advice you can give to a young guy. You just never know when a wrestler is going to go to Vince when nobody is listening and say I’d rather not do this. I don’t want to put these guys over.

Other than Angle, Mysterio, and Cena, I can't think of any clean jobs HBK did for younger guys after he came back in 2002.

Re: Scott Steiner

Steiner's strong dislike for HHH and Flair is well documented, but as far as I know was always one of Hogan's boys. At least in WCW so I'm kind of shocked to see him put him on blast.

Last edited:
CM Punk has been mentioned as a potential opponent for Brock Lesnar but there is concern among WWE officials as to whether it would be an equal match-up due to their difference in size. Lesnar is seen as a "beast" whereas Punk is considered relatively skinny for a top level WWE Superstar. Furthermore, management wants Lesnar's programs to be box office bonanzas and Punk is seen at best fifth in the pecking order, behind The Rock, John Cena, Triple H and Undertaker. There is also concern over Punk's appearance backstage; he has been described as walking around looking like he just walked out of a car accident. Officials notice this as he often walks around backstage with a heat pack or an ice pack in tow and generally looks beaten and battered

But a Daniel Bryan vs Big Show fued is ok?

haha, what part of the south are you from?

I don't hate everyone - in fact I have made tons and tons and tons of great friends out here in the south, and in general, have probably enjoyed the highest points of my life here.

But, I've also experienced some lows, I have watched how "southern values" have destroyed certain bonds within my family, and I just see so much backwards intolerance and hatred down here.

I live around the south Atlanta area. The south is like any other place in the US, it has its positives and negatives.

I'm not going to touch the "southern values" topic. This is not the forum I come to for that (the internet in general).

I do hope to see Lesnar Vs. Helmsley take place. It's the one big singles match we never got to see. Granted, Hunter would probably go over him now, but I'd love to see it finally happen.

I'm really not that excited over Lesnar returning. I never really cared about the guy when he first came to WWE.

And that Scott Steiner rant is hilarious. It seemed like he dictated that tweet to a 5 year old. :oldrazz:

- Word is that there are WWE wrestlers that are already concerned over Brock Lesnar's physical condition. Some feel that he looked soft, and many fear that his in ring performance will be hurt if he doesn't get into better shape.

Some are questioning his desire to get in excellent shape at this point in his life and perform at a high level.

Credit: PWTorch

Whoever is bringing up these ideas, even after Rock's return and what not should be found out and fired.

It's only been a week and was only a five minute segment and people are already complaining that he'll hate the traveling, that he lost all of his physique without even thinking that it was bound to happen since he's been sick for so long and that he won't play nice with anyone backstage. As long as he doesn't ****e himself like Batista then things will be fine.

Punk announced during an interview that the main event tonight will be

Cena/Punk vs Kane/Jericho

also its nice that he has changed his views on the Rock.

Most likely a dark main event.

And yah, I'm glad his views on Rock has changed. Especially after those photos of the two talking, it seems that their business relationship is better, which is good to know.

But a Daniel Bryan vs Big Show fued is ok?

Lol; hey, Vince has very strange ideas, especially as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"