A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

141114280_763412311193959_1869481209411564156_n-1.jpg
140955879_112656494108434_3834108683189715261_n-1.jpg

On March 18th 2021, people will say "WWE is stupid, I will cancel WWE Net.....oh wait, they are on Peacock now. And Peacock has my favorite show of all time. This is going to be hard."

You have to give it to Vince, there arent many that would be able to get a billion dollar deal while its shows ratings fall and fans are unhappy with the product.
The man has put the wwe in the place, where bad Ratings barely matter.

Anyway...wrestling twitter currently is super strange.
Not the normal "oh why are wrestling fans so creepy", this time its a bit stranger.

On one side you have Wrestlers fighting with fans over the fact that some dont like how the WWE presents charlotte flair, going so far as using the old "unless you are a wrestler, you arent allowed to criticise wrestling"

On the other side many wrestlers defend Nia Jax incredible dangerous looking Chokeslam against Dana brooke at Raw.
The spot was unneccessary as hell, it started out as a powerbomb but Nia awkwardly tried to change it into a chokeslam when she had Dana up, which lead to a chokeslam with more force than needed, making it look like Dana hit her head pretty hard.
Would i find the spot fine with anybody else? Yes because anybody else is not Nia Jax who has a history of being reckless and hurting her partners.
But to be fair, wrestling fans make a bad point when they try to lecture some of the wrestlers who actually know what they talk about.
If they say the spot is fine, thats good enough for me...but i will not apologize for being worried who might be injured next by Nia being reckless.

Anyway...anybody seen the Superstar Spectacle for India?
It was decent and had quite the starpower with Mcintyre and Styles.
Nothing groundbreaking or so, but solid enough to get some people interested in the product.

Not gonna lie, I've just realized that I don't really watch RAW or NXT anymore. They just sit in my DVR queue and collect dust. I'm full AEW and Smackdown.

Superstar Spectacle was pretty good. I was just about to ask about Jinder Mahal.

Anyway Edge gave a great promo. I still have Daniel Bryan as my Rumble winner.

Nia looked like she wanted to Mortal Kombat fatality.

Not gonna lie, I've just realized that I don't really watch RAW or NXT anymore. They just sit in my DVR queue and collect dust. I'm full AEW and Smackdown.

Seems a smart decision.
Raw is a dumpste rfire, outside a few things you can watch on youtube, no reason to waste 3 hours of your life on it.
NXT is feeling like they have lost the fire a bit.
Its still good and all, but it lacks this feeling that you MUST watch it.

AEW and Smackdown is mainstream wise, good stuff.
Although i do enjoy Impact whenever i can.
ROH i havent watched in a while...MLW has its moments.

Dolph Ziggler's brother (the one not in prison) is in AEW now.
Seems a smart decision.
Raw is a dumpste rfire, outside a few things you can watch on youtube, no reason to waste 3 hours of your life on it.
NXT is feeling like they have lost the fire a bit.
Its still good and all, but it lacks this feeling that you MUST watch it.

AEW and Smackdown is mainstream wise, good stuff.
Although i do enjoy Impact whenever i can.
ROH i havent watched in a while...MLW has its moments.

NXT is meh now. Not sure why but it seems to have lost it's spark.

NXT UK is worth watching to see Walter murder people in title matches.

IMO, NXT went downhill for me when Keith Lee moved to the main roster so soon after winning the belt(s). If there were any justice, Lee would be winning the Royal Rumble.

IMO, NXT went downhill for me when Keith Lee moved to the main roster so soon after winning the belt(s). If there were any justice, Lee would be winning the Royal Rumble.
Yes nothing to do with Lee but that awful NA title relinquish video and being hot shotted to well...nothing on the main roster really took the wind out of NXT.

Then there's the likes of Johnny and Ciampa who really should of moved up by now regardless of whether they had concerns about how they would be used by Vince. They are so utterly stale right now. Ditto the UE.

NXT is finding it's level now I think after benefitting from a ridiculous bottleneck of talent that has steadily eased over time.

Smackdown is great because of how Roman has been treated since his return. NXT lacks wacky characters and I don't mind my wrestling being wacky mixed in with regular characters.

Smackdown is great because of how Roman has been treated since his return. NXT lacks wacky characters and I don't mind my wrestling being wacky mixed in with regular characters.

Looking back, who would ever have thought that Roman Reigns would be the main reason to watch Smackdown? Insane.
Never thought it would ever happen.
But it makes me wonder what would have happened if Vince would have turned Cena heel when it was so desperatly needed.

I cant put my finger on what it is about NXT, maybe its because they have the same guys over and over...but that happens at smackdown too.
So i really cant say what it is that NXT lacks currently.

EDIT:
BTW, GCW runs a 24h live stream on youtube.
Maybe some of you want to get into GCW or so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"