The Writers and Hiddleston talk Thor!

Sounds pretty good so far can't wait for them to start filming so I can see a trailer

Okay,....then why is there really no mention of that era or influence? I feel once again I'm going to be disappointed with an incarnation of a character I don't recognize as my own -and will leave the theater thinking "Man, what could have been!"

The Simonson era is nothing to sneeze at. Kirby brought us a lot of the iconic, enduring elements of the Thor mythos, but in a lot of ways Simonson was to Thor what Miller was to Daredevil.

Well,...I'm sure there's some truth to what you say. I hear it mentioned often. I just want to see broad strokes of the other too. Not just glimpses.

I've always heard Walt Simonson's run on Thor being one of the great eras in comic history, akin to Lee and Kirby on Fantastic Four.

from mtv.com

“Our script is very firmly rooted in the Marvel film world,” Miller told CineFools. “We were constantly looking for ways to connect Thor to the other movies and heroes, even if they were simply in passing. Part of grounding Thor in the world is grounding him in the specific, fictional world he inhabits. How many of those references and connections make it to the final product are beyond our control, but they are everywhere.”

Miller certainly admitted that “Thor” will have fantasy elements, but that doesn’t distinguish itself from being a comic book or superhero movie.

“I’m not sure I accept the distinction [between 'fantasy' and 'comic book'],” he said. “‘Thor’ is a comic book film in that it’s based on the Marvel conception of the character as super-hero. But there are definitely some big fantasy elements working behind that. He is the God of Thunder, after all. It’s hard to approach the character without both of those things informing the work.

“Thor’s powers are godly, yes. And his zip code is a little different,” Miller continued. “But at the end of the day, he’s a man. In the comics, Odin sends him to Earth because he’s not perfect. He’s brash, arrogant. Even over-confident. We all know that guy — some of us have even been that guy. Stan Lee’s genius was to give Thor-as-hero an emotional throughline we could all relate to, and knock him down a couple of pegs … The challenge is to dramatize that and make the audience see what the fans have known and believed about the character all along.”

from mtv.com

“Our script is very firmly rooted in the Marvel film world,” Miller told CineFools. “We were constantly looking for ways to connect Thor to the other movies and heroes, even if they were simply in passing. Part of grounding Thor in the world is grounding him in the specific, fictional world he inhabits. How many of those references and connections make it to the final product are beyond our control, but they are everywhere.”

Miller certainly admitted that “Thor” will have fantasy elements, but that doesn’t distinguish itself from being a comic book or superhero movie.

“I’m not sure I accept the distinction [between 'fantasy' and 'comic book'],” he said. “‘Thor’ is a comic book film in that it’s based on the Marvel conception of the character as super-hero. But there are definitely some big fantasy elements working behind that. He is the God of Thunder, after all. It’s hard to approach the character without both of those things informing the work.

“Thor’s powers are godly, yes. And his zip code is a little different,” Miller continued. “But at the end of the day, he’s a man. In the comics, Odin sends him to Earth because he’s not perfect. He’s brash, arrogant. Even over-confident. We all know that guy — some of us have even been that guy. Stan Lee’s genius was to give Thor-as-hero an emotional throughline we could all relate to, and knock him down a couple of pegs … The challenge is to dramatize that and make the audience see what the fans have known and believed about the character all along.”
Wow that's a really great article...makes me even more confident for Thor :up:

Okay Vartha,...now I feel better again about this project. I've been more enthused about this one movie more than any other I can remember in recent memory.

"W-H-E-W" I thought we might lose you there for a second. :whatever:

The best part is FOX is light years away from these projects

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"