The Zendaya is possibly someone, maybe thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Thread Manager, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Grootster Dancing Tree

I watched the Breakfast Club for the first time last week, and I noticed a strong similarity between Ally Sheedy's character and Michelle (Homecoming even borrowed one of her jokes from Breakfast club.) I feel like Michelle is essentially Marvel's version of that character, not an adaption of Mary Jane. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was just written into the movie as an homage to Breakfast Club, and naming her "MJ" was just an afterthought. I still don't think we'll see the comic version of Mary Jane in the MCU (at least with Holland's series), I can't see them having two characters at the same time with the name "MJ".

I'm also curious where the name "Jones" came from. I saw it on one of the wikis, but I'm not sure if that's considered canon by Marvel or not.

I have to disagree, I thought she had some of the funniest scenes in the movie.

2. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

it's been known for quite some time many of the character archetypes were based on the breakfast club.

3. Ken-Kaniff MyCommonSenseIsTingling!

I wonder how many times must they reboot Spider-Man before finally getting it all right...

4. Baneis8feettall Half face half amazing

[​IMG]

Mary Jane attended the premiere but not the movie. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]