They are changing the costumes!!!!!!!

MJB said:
I hope this isn't true, because the costumes are fine the way they are and doesn't need to be changed at all. Leave them alone. There are plenty of other things that are very problematic with the F4 then their costumes. No time should be wasted on this rushed production in an area where it was one of the few things that worked well.

And not is.

Bishop2 said:
Seriously? Granted, I wasn't a regular when he was revealed on here, but damn, on the board I DO frequent - which has far fewer posters, admittedly - close to only a hundred - the reaction was almost unanimously "fantastic." I mean, c'mon. He looks like Doom in every way once he gets the metal mask and green cloak on. It's just that he doesn't really sound like Doom, or act like Doom, or have the right motivations for Doom, or uh... you get the idea.

Again, the mask was fine, the hood was fine, but the trench coat...it wasn't his trademark cloak..the business clothes and shoes...well, let's just forget about that and not even bring up the organic metal and concentrate on what Story has said for the sequel: he will have a more sinister mask (better not deviate too much from the comic design), he will have his trademark armor and cloak and hood. Doom should look like Doom, act like Doom, speak like Doom, and you will have one major part of the movie a success....

GoblinScrier said:
.the business clothes and shoes...

Why is this important? He wasn't DOOM when he was wearing this. It's not like you could see whatever clothing he had on under the green cloak either. It was buttoned shut.

ULTFF032_cov_col.jpg

I hope we get something similar to the Ult. costumes.

You guys really think the costumes are changing:o Maybe some tweaks for asthetic purposes. I have this issue. There's no new costume. And if there was it'd be all over the place.

Bishop2 said:
Why is this important? He wasn't DOOM when he was wearing this. It's not like you could see whatever clothing he had on under the green cloak either. It was buttoned shut.

Yes, you can see it in numerous stills.

It's important because it cheapens the character.

Malus said:
Yes, you can see it in numerous stills.

What, you mean promotional stills? If you can't see it in the movie itself when you're watching it, who cares?

Bishop2 said:
What, you mean promotional stills? If you can't see it in the movie itself when you're watching it, who cares?

I was referring you to the stills for verification of what I'm saying.
Yes, you can see it in the movie. And it's one of the many, many things about movie Doom that sucked.

But even if we couldn't see them well, it was still part of the mistreatment of the character.

If I knew that Indiana Jones was wearing penny loafers throughout Raiders, but that I couldn't see them that well, it would still bug me.

Malus said:
If I knew that Indiana Jones was wearing penny loafers throughout Raiders, but that I couldn't see them that well, it would still bug me.

That strikes me as kinda silly. It doesn't change the character to wear a different kind of shoes for the love of god.

Is it appropriate to Doom's "new" and lamer character, as created for the movie, to wear normal clothes under the cloak? I'd say yes.

Bishop2 said:
That strikes me as kinda silly. It doesn't change the character to wear a different kind of shoes for the love of god.

Of course it does. Every aspect of their failure to bring Doom to life faithfully is relevant.
And surely you're not suggesting that wearing loafers would not have diminished the image of Indiana Jones.
How about Reeboks on Darth Vader?

Bishop2 said:
Is it appropriate to Doom's "new" and lamer character, as created for the movie, to wear normal clothes under the cloak? I'd say yes.

No argument there.

I just want the "refurbished" Doom to wear BOOTS, y'know?

Orko Is King said:
ULTFF032_cov_col.jpg

I hope we get something similar to the Ult. costumes.

I agree.I really think those costumes can work well in a movie.

I doubt the costumes will change much. Though as someone suggested, the Ultimate costumes are badass.

During the time period that Sue wore that costume she had tried to incorporate Malice's psyche within herself due to the beginning of the Infinity War? I think. It was during the period that Reed was missing and I believe by this point, Malice was beginning to slowly emerge as the dominant personality.

I prefer the existing movie costumes to those "Ultimate" ones.

Bishop2 said:
I prefer the existing movie costumes to those "Ultimate" ones.
I agree.
Looking at the "Ultimate" Reed, I think the real-life version might look a little like Schumacher leather, if you catch my drift.

Rippling abs on Reed. :rolleyes: That is so stupid.

Malus said:
I agree.
Looking at the "Ultimate" Reed, I think the real-life version might look a little like Schumacher leather, if you catch my drift.

Rippling abs on Reed. :rolleyes: That is so stupid.
That always confused me too,
Not everybody who gets superpowers has to have a six pack lol

Reed can have ripped abs if he wants to, though. He can even be a total lard-ass the very next minute if he wants to. ;)

TheDarkestAngel said:
How hot would Jessica Alba be with that look.OMG
Yeah i'd have to agree with you on that. But then she'll get to get another mold done and the story behind the first one goes way back to that first conan appearance in april of 2005.

Why did they change the costumes the first ones were fine

Incrediblejeff said:
Very Hot.Very hot indeed.

I don't understand how it would look any different on her than the current outfit does. It's just another spandex blue suit.

Bishop2 said:
I don't understand how it would look any different on her than the current outfit does. It's just another spandex blue suit.
I don't know me neither.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"