Apocalypse Things you didn't like in X-Men: Apocalypse (Spoilers)

I enjoyed the film but I will say this. I really hope the next movie isn't yet another Charles vs Erik story, we've had quite a few of those already.

Hopefully now that the team is established, we can get a movie that focuses on the X-Men.

That's what they said in interviews. Idk how people missed that.

The X-Mansion blowing up is getting kinda ridiculous. We haven't had focus on the original X-men in forever. We REALLY need to give Magneto a break. He's becoming the Lex Luther/Norman Osborn of the franchise. There are so many X-villians that can standalone without Magneto in the mix. They basically should just go ahead and make Magneto an X-man.

I know people say the next movie will focus on the kids... but gonna have to wait and see.

Seriously it's safer to be in the middle of a warzone then live in the X-mansion.

Eh? The Mansion has not blown up at all before this. This is the first time we actually see it in a movie.

My bad I forgot that Stryder didn't destroy it he just broke in and started wrecking stuff. Confusing my comicbook history with movie history...

Shaw blew up Division X in First Class, maybe that caused some confusion and a feeling of the scene here being redundant.

Last edited:
For a film that has a slogan of "survival of the fittest" or "only the strong will survive", there weren't that many characters who died.

For a film that has a slogan of "survival of the fittest" or "only the strong will survive", there weren't that many characters who died.

There were a lot of PEOPLE who died. XD Though that doesn't exactly help the movie's case considering we don't feel any emotion about the impending apocalypse.

The fact that only a disposable character (Havok) died further reinforces my feeling that this movie is more concerned with setting up future movies rather than actually be a conclusion to the FC trilogy.

We can't kill Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and to a lesser extent, Beast, cos they are being played by bankable actors and we want an option for them to return, we can't kill any of the new cast because we want them to take the lead for future movies, we can't kill Quicksilver because he's too popular. We can't kill Moira because we don't want the only human in the cast to die, and it will be too much of a downer for Xavier for this movie's ending, which is ALL about happy new beginnings.

So yeah. Havok is the only (not to mention most predictable) way to go sadly. And maaaaybe Archangel, though I'm sure they left it intentionally vague. And Psylocke's exit basically screamed 'I WILL BE BACK'.

Last edited:

No one wants the mutants to die so its probably better no one did, some don't like that archangel might be dead, i mean he may not be but who knows at this point

And of course the last X-Men movie with major character deaths was received so, so well.

Yes, I remember that golden time on here, the fans were delighted about all the fatalities. It was just wonderful.

The film was praised to the heavens and above, the fans loved all the deaths...

(yeah, right)

Mostly the stuff at Alkali lake went on too long and I would've loved to see more of Storm, Pyslocke and Angel.

Really let down by Apocalypse the character. I wanted them to make more of his ancient past, have intelligent articulate war of words with Charles and explore his philosophy of the survival of fittest and what it means in the modern world. In the comics Apocalypse is of genius level intellect, it just didn't feel like he was anywhere near this level of intelligence in tje film.

I know this debate is getting very old but I really disliked Apocalypse's look. It was surely not the biggest problem of this movie but it also did not improve my experience in the cinema at all. There have been some angles where Apocalypse looked decent but overall the design was a disaster in my eyes.

I found this fan art online (by cspencey) and I really wished they would have chosen a different design that gave us the chance to appreciate the actor or at least to see his face, be capable to move his body or at least listing to his voice. Why did nobody after the first day realized that this is NOT going to work out?

This headpiece still gives me nightmares...

en_sabah_nur_by_cspencey-d81uwzw.png

I thought the design of Apocalypse was fine. I didn't him to look like a blue Thanos, I didn't want him to look like a male Mystique. What they went for was fine, it had enough nods to the comic book portrayal and yet remained grounded enough (only just!) for this franchise.

The movie's 'issues' had nothing to do with how Apocalypse looked, in my view.

I could not care less about some fan art online, especially as the image posted above is not very good and not better than what was in the movie.

Three things I didn't like.

1- Ororo Munroe's true hair color could be white, but she dyed them "brunette". Apocalypse got rid of that?

2- Xavier did not go bald. He got rid of his hair?

3- Cyclops's beam will get red over time? I hate the pinkish version.

Eh...

1. Her hair was just brown and Apocalypse changed it.

2. He went bald on screen.

3. It is red.

Three things I didn't like.

1- Ororo Munroe's true hair color could be white, but she dyed them "brunette". Apocalypse got rid of that?

2- Xavier did not go bald. He got rid of his hair?

3- Cyclops's beam will get red over time? I hate the pinkish version.

1. Her hair wasn't dyed in this movie when Apocalypse accelerated her powers the stress like pushed her powers to the extreme turning it white.

2. Xavier didn't get rid of his hair it shedded when Apocalypse was attempting to take over his body so yes he did go bald.

3. Cyclops beams are indeed red, not sure if your confusing him and Psylocke because her power display was pink.

Did you actually see the movie?

I thought the design of Apocalypse was fine. I didn't him to look like a blue Thanos, I didn't want him to look like a male Mystique. What they went for was fine, it had enough nods to the comic book portrayal and yet remained grounded enough (only just!) for this franchise.

The movie's 'issues' had nothing to do with how Apocalypse looked, in my view.

I could not care less about some fan art online, especially as the image posted above is not very good and not better than what was in the movie.

don't worry, I agree that the entire movie was a horrible horrible disappointment and deserves all the negative critique it becomes at the moment!

but Apocalypse's look crippled Oscar Isaac's performance...I think the movie could have been slightly more enjoyable if Isaac was allowed to act and use his body.

The movie was an interesting experiment, what remains of the performance of an actor if you hide his facial expression, the possibility to gesticulate properly and his voice? mmmh

don't worry, I agree that the entire movie was a horrible horrible disappointment and deserves all the negative critique it becomes at the moment!

but Apocalypse's look crippled Oscar Isaac's performance...I think the movie could have been slightly more enjoyable if Isaac was allowed to act and use his body.

The movie was an interesting experiment, what remains of the performance of an actor if you hide his facial expression, the possibility to gesticulate properly and his voice? mmmh

Clearly you haven't watched the movie yet, lol...

Wait until you see it first.

1. Her hair wasn't dyed in this movie when Apocalypse accelerated her powers the stress like pushed her powers to the extreme turning it white.

2. Xavier didn't get rid of his hair it shedded when Apocalypse was attempting to take over his body so yes he did go bald.

3. Cyclops beams are indeed red, not sure if your confusing him and Psylocke because her power display was pink.

Did you actually see the movie?

I don't know why she couldn't just he born with white hair, that's apart of her lineage along with the blue eyes.

The two times he was threatening was when he launched the nukes, the monologue was excellent, reminded me of Animated Series Apocalypse with the voice modulation, and also when he choked Mystique like" Harder Daddy.." lolz .. everything else was mediocre. He had too many powers (teleportation, matter manipulation, power enhancement, super strength, an energy shield, consciousness transfer) yet he was underwhelming in the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"