The Amazing Spider-Man This time should the Green Goblin physically transform or suit up in costume?

^Hahahahaha!! What the **** did I just watch!? xD

It would be awesome if the Goblin looks anything lie those two pictures you posted, Anno. The first picture has too much of a big cape, but it still looks good.

except that in that design he's 9 feet tall and just growls

we've already had that character and i know marvel likes to re use actors but mark rufflo as the green goblin isn't something i wanna see

except that in that design he's 9 feet tall and just growls

we've already had that character and i know marvel likes to re use actors but mark rufflo as the green goblin isn't something i wanna see

Not sure if serious.....

Did you notice that I had two pictures?

Honestly, so much of the Ultimate universe was brilliant. How could they screw up such a brilliant character?

I'm a fan of the original Ultimate line, but I agree they bastardised quite a few of the villains as well as Gobby, namely, Carnage, Electro, Kraven and Shocker. :doh: Im sure theres more but i cant remember off the top of my head. however Norman Osborn was written awesome, and Doc Ock before he became a magneto rip off were fantastic.

Honestly, so much of the Ultimate universe was brilliant. How could they screw up such a brilliant character?
He stayed in character, I don't mind the change in a different comic universe

Well my vote still is the same, I'd prefer them to be go the 616 route and keep it as a costume.

I doubt they will want to go through the man/monster route again for a sequel anyway. At least I hope not lol

Yeah, once you consider that, as monsters, both GG and Lizard would be tied to Oscorp, green in appearance and possess enhanced strength if not size (easy money GG would be given a muscle-suit of some sort), it makes sense for Norman to be a guy in a suit to keep it from seeming redudant.

Though I actually prefer a mask, since I think there's something far scarier and more sinister about a man blending into society and coming across as this charming Captain of Industry while being utterly and thoroughly insane. It makes every "normal" interaction he has with people that much creepier.

And looking at what BB was able to do with Scarecrow's mask, I think there's a way to genuinely skeeve people out and make the Goblin actually a terrifying character on-screen without the Power Ranger vibe.

Last edited:
Better costume. Hopefully something really creepy looking.

He has to don a costume, it would feel so redundant to have another "transformation" type character, after Lizard, and not to mention Ultimate Goblin bares a likeness to the Hulk and the Abomination (one character in the comic even thinks Ult Gob IS the Hulk!).

Oh and of course the costume shan't look like a rejected concept from the Ultraman tv show.

Yeah, once you consider that, as monsters, both GG and Lizard would be tied to Oscorp, green in appearance and possess enhanced strength if not size (easy money GG would be given a muscle-suit of some sort), it makes sense for Norman to be a guy in a suit to keep it from seeming redudant.

Though I actually prefer a mask, since I think there's something far scarier and more sinister about a man blending into society and coming across as this charming Captain of Industry while being utterly and thoroughly insane. It makes every "normal" interaction he has with people that much creepier.

And looking at what BB was able to do with Scarecrow's mask, I think there's a way to genuinely skeeve people out and make the Goblin actually a terrifying character on-screen without the Power Ranger vibe.

:up::up:

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing. :lmao:

[YT]dAE7uOO_4v4[/YT]
Lmao dont wanna go off topic, but Jim is and always will be one of the BEST actors in Comedy!

Nowadays, they just don't make such good comedies anymore and all these newer actors are nothing special (Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd etc :dry:).

@ Anno: that's a great sugestion regarding the Goblin!

Perfect post! :up:

It's also on GG's chin, above his upper lip, and brow area. Green face paint wouldn't work in my opinion, and that's all I'll say on that.

Oh, okay then. Most people seem to be assuming that a physical transformation strictly means that he'll be the Hulk-Goblin, but the fact is that this movie is a mixture of ultimate and 616. Mixing those two aspects of Goblin would make sense in this universe. Even if he transforms like the Ultimate version, he should still look like his 616 self.
Oh, I see what you mean now. That would be an interesting and refreshing take on the GG.

Oh, I see what you mean now. That would be an interesting and refreshing take on the GG.

Yeah, genetic manipulation would be a plausible way to go with what they're already establishing in this universe. Some of the Lizard serum will probably still be at Oscorp by the end of this movie. Why wouldn't Norman attempt to modify it, ultimately creating the GG serum? I think that I remember Rhys talking about how the serum changes the way Connors normally thinks to something way more sinister, that would fit right in with the GG serum driving Norman insane. The mutation would give him a reason for the green skin and monstrous appearance, while he would also be stronger, faster, and smarter than the Lizard ever was because of the modified serum running through his veins. Of course he wouldn't be as big as the Lizard because he'd look like 616 Goblin, and he would be using his own weaponry(Pumpkin bombs, glider, etc) against Spidey whereas Lizard doesn't have any except for his tail, teeth and claws.

The Iron Man movies have tech-based villains who have used the arc reactor for their power, yet Iron Monger and Whiplash are very different characters and don't have anything in common except for how they got their power. I could see this working the same way, just with genetic mutation. I'm not saying I want this approach for every villain in TASM's universe, but it makes so much sense with the Goblin.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a bit of both actually.

Perhaps, once the GG has fully taken over Osborn's mind, his physical appearance would slightly change too somehow.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the enhanced healing that GG would also have due to the upgraded serum. It would most likely be much more faster than the Lizard's.

What I didn't like about the first Spider-Man movie was the costume of GG. He was supposed to be a deranged guy. Why isn't it reasonable to think that he would wear the armor, and a mask (not a helmet), a costume to scare people. Why did it have to be armor?
So I wouldn't want to see a mutation, just the human in a costume (still relate it back to Captain America) and make the costume a little armory. Maybe it could have been armor that he wears cloth over. Like the green part was armor, and the pink part (purple instead for royalty) was fabric he put on over the armor. And then he wears a rubber mask (only it looks better than that).

Just some examples of how the mask could have looked and then the rest of suit be armor (maybe not exactly like this):
vlcsnap-2011-12-21-19h07m47s49.png

green-goblin-makeup.jpg

It could have been a mask like that
Plus this armor:
Spider-Man-3-Green-Goblin.jpg

With this sort of ripped purple fabric over it:
061009_greengoblin.jpg

green-goblin-20051029021908923_640w.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"