Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
These movies are events to me... Got 15 The Last Jedi tickets. No joke. :loco:

Lol, that's too many times for me, especially if it turns out awful (though in this car you are probably safe).

Holy hell, man! Hahaha I gotta admire that.

That's like saying Revenge of the Sith was the best of the prequels. Who cares.

Thor fan boys in full panic mode...

The man, the myth, the LEGEND himself how have you been man?

That's like saying Revenge of the Sith was the best of the prequels. Who cares.

Thor fan boys in full panic mode...

Panic mode about what?

Mjölnir;35829105 said:
Crazy! In a positive way. I hope the films meet your expectations and you get full entertainment value for your money!

Thank you! I haven't purchased any Justice League tickets yet so I expect to be even more broke in a few weeks :funny:

I'm reading some absolute raves about Hela, just a couple:

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/10/movie-review-thor-ragnarok-2017/

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/19...e-review-marvel-chris-hemsworth-taika-waititi

http://www.etonline.com/thor-ragnar...orths-new-and-much-improved-god-thunder-89501

The worst complaint seems to be that she's not given enough screen time and therefore isn't as effective as she should be, but Cate's actual performance is great. It's something I've long feared ever since the Planet Hulk stuff clearly kinda took over the movie a little.

As someone who's main focus in this movie has been Cate as Hela, I'm overall very happy with the reviews but a tiny bit disappointed that she hasn't been given the focus we were maybe promised. They better put her in IW now, so we can see more of Hela. :woot:

Still hyped though, I can't wait for this movie. :yay:

To be fair that's been a consistent issue with Marvel villains. The actors are giving good performances, but they're just not given that much material to really work with.

I was hoping that Cate wouldn't have that happen to her as well. And I even said awhile back that I was worried that, once they got to Sakaar, she was going to get the shaft in terms of screentime/stuff to do.

Mjölnir;35829119 said:
I'm panicking over the good reviews. I really want to be an emo hipster that hates what other people like and vice versa.

Yes, hopefully we get a bunch of rottens in asap. Getting really frustrating seeing positive after positive roll in. :csad:

To be fair that's been a consistent issue with Marvel villains. The actors are giving good performances, but they're just not given that much material to really work with.

I was hoping that Cate wouldn't have that happen to her as well. And I even said awhile back that I was worried that, once they got to Sakaar, she was going to get the shaft in terms of screentime/stuff to do.

I don't mind, I feel heroes should get more shine than the villains anyway. I'm not a fan of a villain taking over a film Heath Ledger style in The Dark Knight, might as well call the film "The Joker".

Mjölnir;35829119 said:
I'm panicking over the good reviews. I really want to be an emo hipster that hates what other people like and vice versa.

:funny:

Yep. After the heavy focus they gave her in the promo (likely because they know Blanchett is a big draw) I was hopeful that she would be given sufficient focus in the movie too. :csad: Oh well, I'm really happy that Cate is getting some raves for her performance, and I just hope that we see Hela again in the MCU. Keeping everything crossed!

:funny:

Yep. After the heavy focus they gave her in the promo (likely because they know Blanchett is a big draw) I was hopeful that she would be given sufficient focus in the movie too. :csad: Oh well, I'm really happy that Cate is getting some raves for her performance, and I just hope that we see Hela again in the MCU. Keeping everything crossed!

Let's also remember the words in these reviews are only opinions not the end all be all, we may feel the total opposite when we see the film.

I am a Thor fan and OH NO!!! I was expecting Logan levels of dramatic gut wrenching seriousness, I am in panic mode now!!

:o

Let's also remember the words in these reviews are only opinions not the end all be all, we may feel the total opposite when we see the film.

Very true. I'll find out in 5 (!!) days. :woot:

:funny: thanks legends! :cwink:

mFofFc3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member