Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Man it really feels like what we saw with Hela was just the tip of the iceberg. She oozed so much charisma and chewed up every scene. Even the exposition - I don't think anyone else could have delivered that as well as Blanchett. It just doesn't seem like we got enough of her. Maybe it's all wishful thinking but I really hope she comes back somehow.

Man it really feels like what we saw with Hela was just the tip of the iceberg. She oozed so much charisma and chewed up every scene. Even the exposition - I don't think anyone else could have delivered that as well as Blanchett. It just doesn't seem like we got enough of her. Maybe it's all wishful thinking but I really hope she comes back somehow.

I have no doubt that if Hela had been played by a lesser actress, she never would have become as popular as she is now. I imagine someone without Cate's charisma and incredible talent would have played the role completely straight and wouldn't have given Hela nearly as much personality and swagger. The exposition scenes where Hela explained Asgard's past reminded me of Galadriel's monologue from the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring, no one does epic exposition filled monologues like Cate Blanchett does. :ilv:

tumblr_p7hhkpHmCs1x0bvwko1_540.gif

tumblr_p7hhkpHmCs1x0bvwko2_540.gif

I have no doubt that if Hela had been played by a lesser actress, she never would have become as popular as she is now. I imagine someone without Cate's charisma and incredible talent would have played the role completely straight and wouldn't have given Hela nearly as much personality and swagger. The exposition scenes where Hela explained Asgard's past reminded me of Galadriel's monologue from the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring, no one does epic exposition filled monologues like Cate Blanchett does. :ilv:

Can't imagine Hela played by someone not as good. Just wouldn't have been the same. Cate really nailed it and she could just have done with a bit more time onscreen.

Hey. How goes it. I bought Ragnarok a while go but haven't watched it on bluray yet.

I miss this board. Where all my Ragnarok homies at? HD? Iceman? Mjolnir? BigThor? Oh hang on, I know where BT is. :woot:

Anyone else miss this board? :csad: I want Thor 4 to be announced so bad. Following Thor's massive spike in popularity after Ragnarok and IW, he deserves it.

The exposition scenes where Hela explained Asgard's past reminded me of Galadriel's monologue from the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring, no one does epic exposition filled monologues like Cate Blanchett does. :ilv:

:up:

Incidentally, Peter Jackson supposedly wanted Lucy Lawless for Galadriel but she was pregnant at the time!

Last edited:

Incidentally, Peter Jackson supposedly wanted Lucy Lawless for Galadriel but she was pregnant at the time!

Thank the Valar that she was. I have nothing against Lucy Lawless, but Galadriel is one of my favourite literary characters of all time and she's just all wrong for that part. LotR was where I became a huge fan of Cate (who is Galadriel), sometimes things just work out for the best. :woot:

Thank the Valar that she was. I have nothing against Lucy Lawless, but Galadriel is one of my favourite literary characters of all time and she's just all wrong for that part. LotR was where I became a huge fan of Cate (who is Galadriel), sometimes things just work out for the best. :woot:

I completely agree! I love Lucy Lawless but things definitely worked out for the best! :yay:

I'm going to pretend that she is eventually coming back regardless of the truth/likelihood.

Poster given to the cast and crew.

thor-ragnarok-tom-whalen-poster-limited-edition.jpg

She’s great as Xena, but I really couldn’t see this.

Hey Mjolnir! Good to see you around, I thought I hadn't seen you for a while. Shame about your account though. :csad:

Likewise. It was crushed like the real Mjolnir by Hela's hand. A bunch of years worth of posts gone but it's still a minor issue in a time where we get so much Thor goodness so I'll just comfort myself with that. :)

I'm just popping in to greet my fellow Thor fans. I'm Mjölnir, but the forum switch ate my account and it's gone forever.
Hello mate! How did that happen? Surely it can be fixed. In any case, if you are stuck with a new account, you couldn’t have chosen a better name! :up:

Hello mate! How did that happen? Surely it can be fixed. In any case, if you are stuck with a new account, you couldn’t have chosen a better name! :up:

Hey man! I came back and found myself unable to log on, and to reset my password. I got help from an admin that checked with the forum tech guys and in the switch the board seems to have gotten some conflict between my "Mjölnir" account and one that was called "Mjolnir" (and had like 1 or 2 posts), resulting in my account being deleted permanently. I couldn't recreate an account with my old name either as the new forum doesn't seem to allow the letter "ö" (which might be why the issue arose, although it does have the right name on my old posts).

Glad you like the new name because that's what I'm stuck with. Let's see if the same happens in the MCU. :)

Hey man! I came back and found myself unable to log on, and to reset my password. I got help from an admin that checked with the forum tech guys and in the switch the board seems to have gotten some conflict between my "Mjölnir" account and one that was called "Mjolnir" (and had like 1 or 2 posts), resulting in my account being deleted permanently. I couldn't recreate an account with my old name either as the new forum doesn't seem to allow the letter "ö" (which might be why the issue arose, although it does have the right name on my old posts).

Glad you like the new name because that's what I'm stuck with. Let's see if the same happens in the MCU. :)
Oh right. I blame Hela for destroying your old username, but like Stormbreaker, you'll come back far stronger with this new one. :cool:

Oh right. I blame Hela for destroying your old username, but like Stormbreaker, you'll come back far stronger with this new one. :cool:

Poor Hela, everyone is always blaming her for everything. :( She's been busy Ice, she's had a lot to sort out since Thanos dumped half the universe on her front lawn in Hel. :oldrazz:

Poor Hela, everyone is always blaming her for everything. :( She's been busy Ice, she's had a lot to sort out since Thanos dumped half the universe on her front lawn in Hel. :oldrazz:
Hela is thinking 'hey, slow down there buddy'. This is Thanos' way of flirting. He has no subtlety. If you drop in the conversation that you like pizza, the next day you have 500,000 pizzas on your lawn. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"