Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this might be what Taika does. His longest movie is 101 minutes and the rest are below 90 minutes.

Wouldn't that be ironic if this ended up being more disappointing than TDW after all this hype lol...

100 minutes with all the characters and story seem way too short, I still trust Taika but still.

Wouldn't that be ironic if this ended up being more disappointing than TDW after all this hype lol...
z98qp_s-200x150.gif

Sometimes less is more 100 minutes means the film is probably quick-paced and "lean". I'm all for there being no "lag".

Like ragnaroknroll said, 100 minutes of awesome is better than 120 mediocre minutes, but why oh why cant thor get the best of both worlds already? Winter soldier was 2+, but was also a tight, well paced and intense action film. Thats what we want for thor

Some here make it seem like 2hrs means half the movie would be bulls**t, but why would that be the case??

Let's agree from the get go, this will be a divisive flick. That being said, I love everything I'm seeing.

Like ragnaroknroll said, 100 minutes of awesome is better than 120 mediocre minutes, but why oh why cant thor get the best of both worlds already? Winter soldier was 2+, but was also a tight, well paced and intense action film. Thats what we want for thor

Some here make it seem like 2hrs means half the movie would be bulls**t, but why would that be the case??
people who say that usually have bladder issues and add lol

Let's agree from the get go, this will be a divisive flick. That being said, I love everything I'm seeing.

Really truly doubt it, unless I missed some major bts bombshells of Ant-Man proportions.

I'm expecting dormammu type screen time for Surtur and even less for fenris gotta keep them expectations inn check now.

Well, it's short.

It could still be short and awesome, though :cwink:

I still think it's going to be good, but I also think it isn't going to be the "winter soldier " of the Thor films that Feige promised a couple years ago.

I still think it's going to be good, but I also think it isn't going to be the "winter soldier " of the Thor films that Feige promised a couple years ago.
People still misinterpert what Kevin Feige said. This is what he said.

“It's going to be, perhaps, as totally different from the two prior Thor movies as Winter Soldier was from the first Captain America. We want to take it to new places, we've got new characters that will show how big we're swinging on this. And we have a Hulk.”

I wasnt being literal

But i cant think of the last 100 minute movie that didnt have me say, "damn that was it?" at the end

I've seen many that were just great with no reservations from me. 12 Angry Men, Toy Story, Hero, Reservoir Dogs, Trainspotting, What We Do in the Shadows, Fargo, Dark City, The Producers, etc. I could probably make a pretty long list off the top of my head.

Dunkirk is pretty much that length and that actually felt pretty long to me.

But whether this length will work for Ragnarok I of course don't know. Different movies require different things and as said I expected it to be longer. This post is not a defense of that but comment on the general phenomenon.

Last edited:
Maybe it's cut without end credits and mid-credits scenes etc. In any case don't care how long it is, just care if it's good

People still misinterpert what Kevin Feige said. This is what he said.

100 minutes doesn't necessarily feel like they are swinging it big, but alas! I still think the film will be good.

Maybe it's cut without end credits and mid-credits scenes etc. In any case don't care how long it is, just care if it's good
Exactly. We are still 3 months away from the release of the movie so he most likely was talking and the cut whithout everything else. In the end it will probably be 1:50 to 1:55 minutes. After you put in the credits, the mid-credits scenes and after-credits scene...

Exactly. We are still 3 months away from the release of the movie so he most likely was talking and the cut whithout everything else. In the end it will probably be 1:50 to 1:55 minutes. After you put in the credits, the mid-credits scenes and after-credits scene...

If that ends up being the case that's definitely better.

I think one of the best decisions they've made is using Chris Hemsworth's comedic chops for Thor. I can easily see why some people are tuning into this version of the character. He had a few funny lines in Age of Ultron, those Team Thor clips were brilliant, and now this film. I really like the evolution.

His jokes are quite well delivered here.

100 minutes doesn't necessarily feel like they are swinging it big, but alas! I still think the film will be good.
Focus on what you saw on screen and tell me in all honesty that Marvel isn't "swinging big" with Ragnarok. I mean... come on.

If he believes in his film at 100 mins, I'm okay with it. It's surprising for a CBM but I'd rather it be short and sweet than overly long.

Focus on what you saw on screen and tell me in all honesty that Marvel isn't "swinging big" for Ragnarok. I mean... come on.

trailers can be misleading, but yes the trailers gave me that impression. Which is why I'm tempering my expectations after this news.

Thor 2 kind of gave me that trauma lol.

Last edited:
Yeah thats the thing, when "filler" are quieter moments for the characters to talk and consider things and give the viewers a breath, i enjoy those filler moments. If a movie is just boom action beat, joke, boom action beat, thats not a very full or fulfilling experience

Im still seeing it opening day, no doubt, but damn if this didnt just lower my expectations a good bit

I have to agree, this run time has me worried. We have Hela, Valkyrie, Grandmaster, Skurge and Surtur to indroduce, along with their back story's.

Then we have the story of Odin, Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Warriors 3, etc to continue. That's not even accounting for the Planet Hulk parts of the storyline.

Not saying this will be terrible or anything, but it's put my expectations down a notch or 2.

trailers can be misleading, but yes the trailers gave me that impression. Which is why I'm tempering my expectations after this news.
Wait the trailers gave you the impression Marvel isn't "swinging big" with Thor Ragnarok. I don't know what you have been watching. Or you don't understand what the meaning of the expression "swinging big" means.

Marvel is swinging for the fences with this movie and only a blind person doesn't see that.

Just the amount of stuff, epic things this movies shows, characters, scenarios, fights, arcs, storylines... everything it's borrowing from Planet Hulk, Ragnarok, Skurge Last Stand, Sakaar, The Grandmaster, Hela, Valkyries, Thor getting his hammer destroyed and then wielding lighting without any weapons, a talking Hulk, Fenris Wolf, Surtur, Muspelheim, Loki, Odin, Doctor Strange... If that isn't swinging big then what is.

I'd prefer a longer runtime. Films don't feel quite as epic when they're too close to 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"