Thor Vs Captain Marvel

He, like Superman has the eyes of a killer! And Billy is also from the streets.

That's true. Believe me, as a Hoosier, I know how tough the Indiana streets can be.

Think about it this way if you were to strip them both of their super strength and godly powers make them equal.And put them in a street fight who would win.Thor would.

But... they'd have their powers for the fight. Strip the Hulk of his strength and the Punisher could kick his ash. What bearing does that have on how they'd fare in a fight with their powers? :confused:

TheCorpulent1 said:
Well, we still don't really know what Captain Marvel's capable of now. All we know is that he's more powerful. We don't know the degree or anything, and he's clearly having a rough time coping with the changes his promotion has brought, if the last issue of 52 is any indication. He had the crrraaaaazy eyes.

He stated taking ALL of Shazam's power. And he only had something like less than one percent of Shazam's true power previous.

marcofthebeast said:
He, like Superman has the eyes of a killer! And Billy is also from the streets.

And Thor is from Asgard. Place where pretty much all they do is drink, sleep, cheat on their spouses, and fight.

It's like everybody says that the Greek Gods are better fighters, where in the Norse pantheon, if they didn't have an official God of War in Tyr, they'd ALL be considered gods of war.

They pretty much are all gods of war. I don't remember Tyr ever doing anything that set him apart as more war-loving than the rest of the gods. He was the only one who had the balls to put his hand in Fenris' mouth, but that's courage, not war skills. Plus, it's pretty consistent throughout the Norse myths that Thor was, in fact, the greatest warrior among the gods. It was his power and Mjollnir that kept the giants at bay, for the most part.

Either way, I'm fairly certain Thor is easily the better fighter out of the two of them. Whether that's enough to counter Captain Marvel's extreme speed advantage is debatable.

Well, Billy Batson is now Shazam, who's more on the level of Doctor Strange than Thor. We don't know how strong Freddy Freeman is as Captain Marvel, though apparently he and Mary Marvel will get a substantial power boost.

TheCorpulent1 said:
But... they'd have their powers for the fight. Strip the Hulk of his strength and the Punisher could kick his ash. What bearing does that have on how they'd fare in a fight with their powers? :confused:

I was trying to see it like a boxing match.Trying to see who the better fighter is.If what you want to see is who out-powers who in this case it would be C.M. he just has more power but he is not a better fighter.:D

TheCorpulent1 said:
They pretty much are all gods of war. I don't remember Tyr ever doing anything that set him apart as more war-loving than the rest of the gods. He was the only one who had the balls to put his hand in Fenris' mouth, but that's courage, not war skills. Plus, it's pretty consistent throughout the Norse myths that Thor was, in fact, the greatest warrior among the gods. It was his power and Mjollnir that kept the giants at bay, for the most part.

Either way, I'm fairly certain Thor is easily the better fighter out of the two of them. Whether that's enough to counter Captain Marvel's extreme speed advantage is debatable.

Thor is considered Asgard's greatest warrior, even in myths.

And Tyr is not anywhere NEAR as much a fighter as Thor is. Thor will be in a wheelchair, and do more warring and fighting than Tyr ever will.

However, the Nordic did relate courage to warriors, and Tyr was the only one willing to sacrifice his hand to Fenrir, earning him a much larger status in courage, where Thor simply would've tried to fight him. Tyr was simply more savvy since the point of the whole situation was to merely chain up Fenrir.

And while one could argue that is Thor's courage shining through. Mythological Thor was not much smarter than his hammer. Tyr was cunning, and understood that Fenrir couldn't be stopped that way, and so chose the way that could keep him from being a threat. Tyr was definitely smarter than Thor.

And actually, the giants at bay and Ragnarok thing were a little different. The giants didn't attack simply because they were afraid of all the Norse gods, though they definitely would agitate them from time to time (and on more than one occassion, they would mess with Thor specifically). But Ragnarok was about WAY more than just the giants, they were the war to end all wars by the children of Loki. So they were technically giants, since Loki was the child of an ice giant, but it was more of a different war, since it would be brought on by Surtur.

And you don't have to tell me, Corpy.

Remember who it was who led you to those myths of the Nordic people. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"