Tim Burton Developing ‘Addams Family’ Series, 'Wednesday' Starring Jenna Ortega

I finally managed to watch this over the Holiday break. I absolutely LOVED it... wonderful visuals, brilliant music and Ortega knocked it out of the park.

A well deserved hit for Burton & Co. I'll be giving this another rewatch.

6 Weeks number one...and Netflix still hasnt officially Renewed it...what insanity.

I’m looking forward to watching this properly soon. That dance scene is everywhere right now lol. Jenna looks amazing as Wednesday, has totally nailed the vibe down.

I enjoyed the show, made me laugh and wanted to keep watching. The opening scene seemed more straight up horror than being "spooky" and "quirky". Jena Ortega literally eats the screen. Tim Burton was 100% right in his choice and in giving her, the necessary freedom to shape the character. A very entertaining series that leaves us wanting more. And why not from an upcoming Adams Family movie. The portrail of Pugley seemed off as well as the lack of chemistry between Morticia and Gomez anyway.

Finally watched this — and really enjoyed it. And I’ve now started to read some of the reviews and commentary. First up, I agree with the overwhelming consensus: Jenna Ortega is amazing and is easily the series’ MVP. But I’m intrigued by a common criticism: Wednesday is, essentially, a standard young adult “CW drama.” :ebr:

To be sure, the basic template is familiar. A youthful protagonist with special skills (a “superhero”, “amateur detective,” etc.) battles bad guys and solves mysteries while also navigating personal relationships. But to me, this is just a “genre” category; it doesn’t tell me anything about quality. (It’s a bit like describing the newest TV cop show as a “police procedural.” Well okay. But is it any good?) Even given the validity of the CW comparison, I’m struggling to think of a recent (or any) CW show that's on the same level as Wednesday. Also, I’m struggling to imagine a “better”/ alternative/non-CW approach to the character. I suppose something truly weird (like the intriguingly bizarre and R-rated Doom Patrol) was theoretically possible… But the Addams Family IP is pretty firmly established as a family friendly comedy. So stretching that concept to encompass a lightweight monster/horror/murder mystery narrative is, I think, about as far as you can go while still respecting the source material.

Anyhoo. Wednesday. :up:

Saw some stuff promoting it as "all your favorites are returning"

**** you Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back