Time for a new black panther ongoing from marvel?

Discussion in 'Black Panther World' started by Silvermoth, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Mike Murdock Registered

Is that the Dora Milaje in the top right of the first picture?

2. Slick Yup

I think so.

3. OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

[​IMG]

The Fall of Wakanda In BLACK PANTHER
    by Chris Arrant, Editor

More has been learned about the upcoming Black Panther ongoing series by Ta-Nehesi Coates and Brian Stelfreeze. As seen in this cover to May's Black Panther #2 by Stelfreeze and colorist Laura Martin, Wakanda will be in the midst of a full scale revolt by its citizens against T'Challa and the ruling elite. And the revolt is led by some of T'Challa's most trusted allies.

"The darkest chapter of the Black Panther mythos continues as Wakanda crumbles from within. Enter: The Midnight Angels!" reads the second issue's description. "Two mysterious women leading the citizen revolt against the current regime of Wakanda, challenging not only T’Challa’s politics but also his resolve. But will their rage provide more for the people than the royal family has thus far? Written by MacArthur Genius and National Book Award winner TA-NEHISI COATES (Between the World and Me) and illustrated by living legend BRIAN STELFREEZE!"

The Midnight Angels, also known as the Dora Milaje, were established in previous issues to be the personal bodyguards of the Black Panther. They are a elite subdivision of the Dora Milaje, used akin to the U.S. Navy Seals for special missions.

http://www.newsarama.com/27861-the-fall-of-wakanda-in-black-panther.html

4. Slick Yup

Great art. God I need this series now lol.

5. Slick Yup

6. Slick Yup

7. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    By now I'm sure folks have read BP#1 from Coates and co.I liked the set up and thought the art was great. Many may not remember but Black Panther had his first series in the pages of Jungle Action #5-24. Oct 1972- Nov 1976-written by critically acclaimed Don McGregor as well as Roy Thomas and drawn by several artists including Gene Colan on covers as well as interiors by Buckler, Kane and Graham. Marvel had produced many great comics in the '60s and '70s, but "Panther's Rage" is the first comic that was created from start to finish as a complete novel. Running in two years' issues of Jungle Action (#'s 6 through 18), "Panther's Rage" is a 200-page novel that journeys to the heart of the African nation of Wakanda, a nation ravaged by a revolution against its king, T'Challa, the Black Panther.
    A Nation under our Feet is Coates 2016 version of that concept.
    Looking forward to each issue.
    Spidey rules except in Wakanda

#33 Donald Thomas, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  8. Slick Yup

9. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Issue #2 is out and continues a well paced story.I'm almost inclined to write to Marvel and tell them they need to have a page on how to pronounce some of the names that are coming up. They should have done this a long time ago with BP. On another note, I guess the events of Doomwar no longer exist. Is Vibranium still an active material or is it still inert?

10. Mike Murdock Registered

Doomwar never made vibranium inert. What it did was make the already processed vibranium inert (so they had to start over and dig up some more). The implication was most of it was already dug up so there wouldn't be as much of it, but having some vibranium isn't inconsistent with that.

Of course, the greater they rely on vibranium, the less realistic it becomes (my personal preference would be to ignore the story, I'm just saying they haven't technically done so yet).

11. Chesterfield Registered

12. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Yes, all processed Wakandan Vibranium was made inert(DoomWar #6).Raw material still active along with Antarctic Vibranium I would Imagine.And while it would be bad for Wakanda to rely soley upon Vibranium. It would be foolish for them not to use it whenever they needed to.It will be interesting to see how Coates incorporates it into his run.

#38 Donald Thomas, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  13. Chesterfield Registered

Issue number 3 delayed by a couple of weeks! Urgh!

14. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Bummer. I think the story has already been written for several issues. Wonder if Stelfreeze had delays in drawing.

15. Chesterfield Registered

16. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Glad to see #3. If you get a chance to read Panthers Rage, you'll see that Coates is doing a very fine job of blending some of that flavor into his new and unique work. From the way Stelfreeze is drawing the Panther mask, it appears to be along the lines of Iron Man tech but of course, more advanced. I've never seen anything really done with the Panther mask in the past comics.
    Coates/Stelfreeze have many more issues to go in showing us some of the Panther's upgrades.I see where the first 5 issues are already in trade but won't be out for several months.

17. E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

I can see the Panther's Rage aspects of this story arc. Right now I think that the focus is spread a little bit too much among the villains, but things will probably clear up to where we have the Killmonger of this story. After last issue I'm guessing it's Tetu based on how his fight with T'Challa was kind of similar to the first meeting with Killmonger back in Jungle Action.

18. Chesterfield Registered

Yeah C and S are doing a phenomenal job. Really loving the tech T'Challa's utilising for his suit. This run so far is superior storytelling and I love how they're not afraid to really let things breathe and to illustrate the gravity of the nation's unrest. T'Challa's problems are huge and the burden he carries as Chieften is expertly handled.

I really hope we're still getting #4 this month and that #3's delayed release hasn't caused further delays.

19. Chesterfield Registered

20. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    I really enjoyed this issue due to the writing. Coates is telling a great story. This issue was not high in action but a set up for what should be some kick butt action in issue #5. While I really like the art in general, in one panel Stelfreeze had T'challa looking very small.Other than that-very solid story telling. Can't wait for T'challa to come out swinging with all of his new high tech weapons.

21. Slick Yup

22. Slick Yup

[YT]WVqAnQe_xGw[/YT]

[YT]jXaBwBoZ5l8[/YT]

[YT]-_Bp90j-F8M[/YT]

[YT]hbLHnTCU668[/YT]

[YT]PCMVqI5y72I[/YT]

23. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Not too much activity in the comic book section of Black Panther. We are now on the second story arc of Coates. We also have Long Live the King, and Rise of the Black Panther. what did you guys think of them so far?
    For those looking for a complete overview of Black Panther history and comics, I invite you -FREE OF CHARGE:cwink: to
    http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com/html/library.html#blackpanther

Spidey rules
    Long Live the King of Wakanda

24. Mike Murdock Registered

I like Coates's run (although it's undeniably polarizing). I think this current arc amped up the action, which is nice, but it's been a little confusing at parts.

I enjoyed the first issue of Rise of the Black Panther, but we'll see how much it tells a story vs. just summarizes everything that came before. Haven't been reading Long Live the King. I heard it changed creative teams after the first issue?