World Time for a new black panther ongoing from marvel?

Yes it is time for a new ongoing with a different writer.

What do people dislike about Coates’ run?

Aloha,
Not sure. Both C Priest and Coates write for a very literate audience (which is great). Coates is more on story than action which some may not like in their comic books.
Long Live the King of Wakanda

With the film coming out and likely doing really well I'm sure BP will gradually rise in importance in the comics too.

I stopped after the first few issues and don't really remember much about the book (the art was good but the story wasn't interesting), but from what I've read others say supposedly Panther gets punked a lot. Never wins fights and doesn't know how to lead. I think I've heard the book is more about the supporting cast than him. And Coates supposedly says he doesn't like Black Panther as a character so it's weird to give the book to someone that feels that way.

I stopped after the first few issues and don't really remember much about the book (the art was good but the story wasn't interesting), but from what I've read others say supposedly Panther gets punked a lot. Never wins fights and doesn't know how to lead. I think I've heard the book is more about the supporting cast than him. And Coates supposedly says he doesn't like Black Panther as a character so it's weird to give the book to someone that feels that way.

Aloha,
I'd go check out a few more issues. Basically his first arc is a retelling of Panther's Rage from Jungle Action.He does flesh out the Dora Milaje more than any other writer before him along with World of Wakanda R. Gaye I would have to read a quote from Coates where he states he does not like BP.He seems to be enjoying himself and he is getting better as a comic book writer as he goes along.The issue of him not knowing how to lead is interesting. As advanced as Wakanda is, it's government is based upon a monarchy.He's committed to changing that in a fundamental way. The Queen of England and the Emperor of Japan have no true governing power, the King of Wakanda does. It's complicated.

Long Live the King of Wakanda

I’d definitely like to read his run and decide for myself. I read the first volume of Christopher Priest’s and really liked it.

I’d definitely like to read his run and decide for myself. I read the first volume of Christopher Priest’s and really liked it.

Aloha,
You'll enjoy C Priest's run. Black Panther writers have always been creative in their approach to the character.

Since 2016 with Coates Black Panther we have had
BPanther-(2016-)-1L.jpg

World of Wakanda
World%20of%20Wakanda2L.jpg

Long Live the King
BP-%20Long%20Live%20The%20King%201L.jpg

Black Panther and The Crew
Black%20Panther_%20Crew1L.jpg

Rise of the Black Panther
Rise%20of%20BP_1Lv.jpg

The Sound and The Fury
The%20Sound%20And%20The%20Fury%201L.jpg