TitanFall

Like I've been saying, there's just no way that EA is going to make something like Titanfall exclusive. It's bad business.

Not if Ms threw them quite a bit money to basically cover for the games they would have sold which they probably did.

Not if Ms threw them quite a bit money to basically cover for the games they would have sold which they probably did.
EA doesn't need MS to cover the costs of the game. They aren't a THQ, who was in financial trouble. EA would want complete ownership of this title to do with it as it pleases and that includes releasing it on the PS4. I say this is timed exclusive. It'll end up on the PS4 when whatever agreement was made runs out. There is too much money to made there for EA to nor release it or put themselves in a position where they never could.

EA doesn't need MS to cover the costs of the game. They aren't a THQ, who was in financial trouble. EA would want complete ownership of this title to do with it as it pleases and that includes releasing it on the PS4. I say this is timed exclusive. It'll end up on the PS4 when whatever agreement was made runs out. There is too much money to made there for EA to nor release it or put themselves in a position where they never could.

Reminds me of the first Mass Effect.

They're not covering the costs because Ea is broke, they're covering the profit that Ea would have made on ps4 games thus why the exclusivity. It's very good business, Ea saves money by not having to produce discs for the ps4 or develop for it and they make they make a crap ton of free money from MS not too mention it'll sell enourmously phenomenal when it comes out

• Why Respawn Made Another Shooter

Feature
    on Jun 19, 2013 at 04:00 PM
    pc-icon.png
    xbox360-icon.png
    xboxone-icon.png

The Titanfall creators talk about exploring other genres and why it decided on creating a multiplayer-focused sci-fi shooter.
    ... More
source: GI

Reminds me of the first Mass Effect.
A lot of that money lost is never recovered though if it's delayed & especially for a multiplayer only game. It won't be as competitive a title next to games from a year or more later whenever it sees a PS4 release. It's true EA don't need the money so if they had full control why would they allow it? It will do permanent damage to the TitanFall brand on the PS.

EA would want complete ownership of this title to do with it as it pleases and that includes releasing it on the PS4. I say this is timed exclusive. It'll end up on the PS4 when whatever agreement was made runs out.

Unless its not EA's game. I dont know, but is this EA's IP or is it Respawns with EA just publishing? Or does EA outright own Respawn?

video interview and some questions up top of me are answered with this as well.

Titanfall's structure and 'cloud computing' on Xbox One explained

(6 hours ago)

While we were given a quick description of the cloud computing at work in the Xbox One version of Titanfall, we weren't able to get an in-depth answer. So we took to a back room at E3 and asked Respawn Entertainment's Fairfax "Mackey" McCandlish, lead designer on Titanfall, to elaborate.

Essentially, cloud computing helps matchmaking, allowing dedicated servers to be spun up on a moment's notice to handle multiplayer matches and find you the most local option when searching for a game. McCandlish also answers other burning questions – like what exactly powers these titan mechs.

source: Joystiq

Last edited:

News

[YT]qSclSedw09E[/YT]

Watch this Titanfall Developer Diary

A new behind-the-scenes video for Titanfall features members of Respawn Entertainment’s team dishing about their design philosophies and approach to their their debut shooter.
The video also, of course, offers a look at Titanfall in action with new gameplay shots, including, but not limited to, Titans picking up Pilots and puttin’ ‘em in their bellies.
Unveiled during Microsoft’s pre-E3 press conference with a five-minute gameplay demo, Titanfall blends the cinematic experience of a single-player campaign within a multiplayer context. The game’s big hook? Pilots, the player, can summon 20-foot mechs called “Titans” into the battle. But unlike most mechanical exoskeletons, Titans aren’t lumbering giants, but rather quick, agile machines that play similarly to Pilots in terms of control.
Titanfall launches on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC spring 2014.

source:EPD.TV/ ROTR

To not call a game exclusive because it's also on PC is ridiculous to me. If we're just going to assume everyone has multiple machines for gaming, then nothing is exclusive.

To not call a game exclusive because it's also on PC is ridiculous to me. If we're just going to assume everyone has multiple machines for gaming, then nothing is exclusive.

But its not exclusive if its also on PC. I mean i guess you could say "console" exclusive, but if a game appears on PC and console, its not exclusive to one platform.

"I'm gonna get a PS4 and just get Titanfall on PC" is the same as saying "I'm gonna get an X1 and just get Super Smash Bros for WiiU.

"I'm gonna get a PS4 and just get Titanfall on PC" is the same as saying "I'm gonna get an X1 and just get Super Smash Bros for WiiU.

Wrong. The new Super Smash Bros can ONLY be found on the WiiU, Titanfall can be found on the Xbox One and PC. Its not a hard concept to understand man. Titanfall will be available for more than one platform come launch. Its not exclusive to one platform, it IS exclusive to one CONSOLE though, but the PC doesnt need to be excluded when talking about preferred gaming platforms.

Last edited:
If you choose your primary console solely because it's exclusives and then just buy another console for theirs, that makes the reasoning behind the primary console moot.

Titanfall Team Decides Against Single-Player Campaign
The developers at Respawn Entertainment don't think single-player is popular enough to justify the costs.

Titanfall is a game with jetpacks, parkour, and giant mechs, and the internet is consequently abuzz with excitement. The footage we've seen thus far has shown some intense multiplayer action, but talk of a single-player story mode has been notably absent. The simple explanation for that fact is that there is no single-player; Titanfall will be online only.

"We make these single-player missions that take up all the focus of the studio, that take a huge team six months to make, and players run through it in eight minutes," says Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella. "And how many people finish the single-player game? It's a small percentage. It's like, everyone players through the first level, but five percent of people finish the game."

For Respawn's crew of 60-something heads, those numbers just don't add up. "You split the team," Zampella says. "They're two different games ... but people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus as little time as possible rushing to the end [of the single-player]."

Zampella's pragmatic use of development resources may upset solitary gamers who wanted a slice of the action, but it's probably wise not to overspend when dealing with a relatively small studio. Titanfall will have some story elements, but it will unfold over the course of the "multiplayer experience." And let's be honest, the appeal here is the mechs and jetpacks - a sweeping narrative probably isn't necessary.

Titanfall is due to launch in spring 2014 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

That was known from a while back. I thought it'd been mentioned here but it must have been in the general threads. I don't want the likes of Halo & Gears or even CoD & Battlefield to stop doing campaigns. For both Halo & Gears it's a massive part of it; for CoD not so much but I've enjoyed all those campaigns regardless (CoD 3 was a bit weak). Battlefield campaigns have been terrible but I think BF4's will be good. I'd rather these guys with plenty of excess cash fulfilled my (small) military campaign needs rather than having other games with inferior (to CoD) campaigns & then a tacked on crappy multiplayer. I see the above as packaged games where you get everything, good single player, top multiplayer & great co-op modes.

BUT with totally new franchises I can accept the decision to focus on one or the other as long as they get that side of it totally right. Witcher 3 no multiplayer, Titanfall no single player is ok with me.

If this game doesn't get released for PS4 eventually I will be sad. I'm not planning on XBone until at least halfway through this gen and I don't wanna wait, nor do I trust PC (I've never owned a computer that didnt get slow after a few years, nor am I anywhere close to competent with computers).

If it were a perfect world and would be realeased for Ps4, how long does that usually take? A year after its Xbone release?

take it is a rumor but Ive read some speculation that MS going back on the DRM affected invalidated some of its exclusivity deals, namely with EA. This game could get "delayed" while they work on the PS4 port for a simultaneous release on all platforms. Take that with a grain of salt for now but I wouldn't be surprised

This game will lose its impact if it's delayed. I can wait on even great single player games as there are so many & I will get through them all at some stage. But for multiplayer and big team co-op (4+) I want to play cutting edge stuff. I'll go back to old multiplayer titles that I loved but I wouldn't be that excited to start playing them now.

take it is a rumor but Ive read some speculation that MS going back on the DRM affected invalidated some of its exclusivity deals, namely with EA. This game could get "delayed" while they work on the PS4 port for a simultaneous release on all platforms. Take that with a grain of salt for now but I wouldn't be surprised

I sure hope so. I very rarely give a crap about multiplayer games, but this campaign inside of multiplayer plus the very fun looking gameplay makes me swoon. This coming from a guy who has only played the campaign in CoD, my brother was the one who only plays multiplayer.

If you choose your primary console solely because it's exclusives and then just buy another console for theirs, that makes the reasoning behind the primary console moot.

PC really isn't a console though, or isn't considered one by many. Its a console exclusive for both Xbox systems but having it also on PC the label exclusive doesn't work unless its labeled console exclusive.

But me personally think it will come to PS4 later and if not then I can always get it for PC.

I'd take that with a big grain of salt, but anyone being pissed over MS's reversal it would be EA and the Ubisofts

This game will lose its impact if it's delayed. I can wait on even great single player games as there are so many & I will get through them all at some stage. But for multiplayer and big team co-op (4+) I want to play cutting edge stuff. I'll go back to old multiplayer titles that I loved but I wouldn't be that excited to start playing them now.
I dont see how thats possible. It doesnt even have a release date. Just that its expected next Spring. Considering the tech between the One and PS4 are much more similar than the 360 and PS3 were, I think it will be alot easier and smoother to port between the two systems. A delay of a few weeks/months from what they may have been expected wont change that. At most, it will just go from being Spring to Fall 2014. Considering the install base for both platforms just a few months outside of launch will be at its smallest, maybe a fall release would be for the best, especially since this is a MP game. More people have the systems, more potential people to buy and be playing this game

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"