Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

no problem always happy to help . I'm sure the episodes of Justice League action are still on You tube too

It's weird they went after her seeing they are nuclear power andorid's. but when you think about it they would be the things less affected by her magic's.with the of field that act like TK I guess.

no problem always happy to help . I'm sure the episodes of Justice League action are still on You tube too

It's weird they went after her seeing they are nuclear power andorid's. but when you think about it they would be the things less affected by her magic's.with the of field that act like TK I guess.

I suppose that makes sense.

but from the show, I figured they were a family of professional killers or something. since it seemed like they were tasked with finding and dealing with other targets before.

I suppose that makes sense.

but from the show, I figured they were a family of professional killers or something. since it seemed like they were tasked with finding and dealing with other targets before.
They've joined up with the H.I.V.E. clearly as well as some other guys we briefly saw in the past 2 ep.

Felt bad for Dick's partner. Kept out of the look and probably dead or (at least horribly maimed).

I think its often very lazy to make Batman a killer.

The Nolan version did constantly heroic things, so using lethal force didnt bother me.

I just find it wierd that after BvS , and after Geoff Johns himself talked about how he thought Mos and BvS were too dark, he himself is involved with this.

I can understand that Snyder wanted to do some sort of redemption story for Batman. But even in BvS it seemed Batman had gone "crazy" because of the death of Robin and because what happened during the Superman/Zod fight. Here it seems Batman has just gone really violent and kills People. I find that a lazy and uninspired take.

Maybe the show will adress this in some Good way, maybe they wont.
This last episode showed that, apparently, 4 years ago, Robin and Batman were tame and controlled enough that Hawk referred to himself and Dove as "the bad kids." Then Dick tries to explain that apparently he and Batman started using more force and brutality to try and be more effective in helping people, with the implication from other scenes being that Dick still believes in brutality, but not lethality, and has complicated feelings with Bruce over that (it now seems clear that while he and Bruce are estranged, they're not exactly feuding, since Dick almost calls Bruce.) And of course, Hawk and Dove are stunned at Robin's new, crotch-stabbing and eye-gauging ways.

You're dead right that the show has the potential to address this brutality philosophy well, or to fail utterly.

If it's being used for a full Deconstruction/Recostruction take on why Batman doesn't kill, by showing us a Batman and Robin who escalate their tactics in an attempt to be more effective, only to find that is counterproductive and pay a dear price for it, with them both later reforming to their classic morality with definite proof of why that's better? That could work!

But the less you aim for that, the worse it gets.

“What arc does Starfire have in the first season?”
Currently battling amnesia and about to make the acquaintance of Raven, “She starts to find out who she is,” said portrayer Anna Diop. “She’s very instinctive, so sometimes she’ll have the urge to do something, and she’ll just do it. Like, ‘Oh, I guess I have this power!’”

“Any chance we’re going to get some LGBT characters?”
“Of course,” affirmed executive producer Geoff Johns. Perhaps alluding to Miguel Jose Barragan aka Bunker, he said, “There’s one Titan that already is gay, that we’ve talked about bringing on — probably next season.”

“We know Donna Troy is showing up. Are we going to see her friendship with Kory explored?”
“It’s an interesting relationship that comes about when Donna Troy (played by Man in the High Castle‘s Conor Leslie) and Starfire meet… You’ll have to watch!” teased Diop. Asked to at least preview the circumstances under which the ladies cross paths, she politely deferred, “I can’t, because I think it will give too much away.”

“Are we going to get a story arc about Starfire’s Tamaranean heritage? Maybe even a Blackfire appearance?”
To the former, Diop freely avowed, “Yes, yes we are” going to get into the Tamaran of it all, in part via flashbacks. But as for meeting Starfire’s sister, she (again) hedged, “You will have to wait and see!”
“Will the whole team have costumes eventually?”
The Titans “are all young people from dysfunctional systems trying to form one on their own,” said executive producer Akiva Goldsman. “And as they start to find themselves, they’ll start to find the costumed identities we recognize.”

“Will we be seeing the infamous Titans Tower anytime soon?”
“Over Geoff Johns’ dead body,” quipped Goldsman, with a nod to the fellow EP and former DC Entertainment CCO.

“Will Dick Grayson become Nightwing?”
Ahh, the million-dollar Bat-question. “That’s the long game,” said Goldsman. With Season 2 already greenlit, “Our whole first season is an origin episode, the birth of the team.” Added Johns: “Obviously, Dick Grayson’s evolution from Robin to Nightwing is a big part of his character, and at some point he will evolve into that.”
The Titans Team Answers Your Qs About Nightwing, the Big Bad, LGBT Heroes, Donna Troy and More

The team's origins covering the entire season is a lot but entirely expected given the short episode count. Nightwing at the very end of this season, I think.

Great news about the LGBT character. Who is it gonna be? Kaldur'ahm?

Thanks for posting the interview. It will be awesome to see him eventually become Nightwing. Also the flashback's of Starfire's heritage... Sounds good to me!

This last episode showed that, apparently, 4 years ago, Robin and Batman were tame and controlled enough that Hawk referred to himself and Dove as "the bad kids." Then Dick tries to explain that apparently he and Batman started using more force and brutality to try and be more effective in helping people, with the implication from other scenes being that Dick still believes in brutality, but not lethality, and has complicated feelings with Bruce over that (it now seems clear that while he and Bruce are estranged, they're not exactly feuding, since Dick almost calls Bruce.) And of course, Hawk and Dove are stunned at Robin's new, crotch-stabbing and eye-gauging ways.

You're dead right that the show has the potential to address this brutality philosophy well, or to fail utterly.

If it's being used for a full Deconstruction/Recostruction take on why Batman doesn't kill, by showing us a Batman and Robin who escalate their tactics in an attempt to be more effective, only to find that is counterproductive and pay a dear price for it, with them both later reforming to their classic morality with definite proof of why that's better? That could work!

But the less you aim for that, the worse it gets.

All of that makes me scratch my head.

Enjoying this one so far! Episode two was much better than episode one. Some wonky writing, and the violence feels a bit over the top at times, but I'm down to see how this one plays out. Brenton has been a standout to me, along with Diop. Not sure how I feel about Raven yet.

Well, here is a new interview with the Cast and Showrunner of Titans with CBR:

First Look at Doom Patrol in Titans. They look great !
ei0gekecdiu11.jpg

I watched a clip of Robin stabbing a guy in his dick... What the hell? If Dick Grayson's Robin already displays this level of violence, just how are things gonna escalate with Jason Todd's Robin?

Last edited:
Maybe Jason Todd goes one step further and castrates them.

I am liking Titans so far. Episode 2 was an improvement although Episode 1 was not bad. Robin being uber violent seems a bit over the top but I can deal with it. Not sure how a non super powered 'hero' can swoop and swing through crime scene as if he were Spiderman . I hope that we will see more of Hawk and Dove. And umm, kinda digging the way Starfire is dressed at the moment!

Episode 3 could have been a lot stronger if they allowed Bruce Wayne to speak in Robin's flashbacks. Wait, with that being said... Jason Todd is coming. So Bruce will eventually speak with his proteges, or nay?

Asian and two years older than Brenton Thwaites? =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"