Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

btw......do we know how many eps are in Season 1?

I've seen some places list 12 eps, but others list 13 eps, with the finale being titled "Raven."

I see 12 listed and the finale as Raven. I don't know who has 13 listed.

• 1. 1-1 12 Oct 18 Titans
  • 2. 1-2 19 Oct 18 Hawk and Dove
  • 3. 1-3 26 Oct 18 Origins
  • 4. 1-4 02 Nov 18 Doom Patrol
  • 5. 1-5 09 Nov 18 Episode 5
  • 6. 1-6 16 Nov 18 The Messenger
  • 7. 1-7 23 Nov 18 The Asylum
  • 8. 1-8 30 Nov 18 Donna Troy
  • 9. 1-9 07 Dec 18 Hank and Dawn
  • 10. 1-10 14 Dec 18 Koriand'r
  • 11. 1-11 21 Dec 18 Dick Grayson
  • 12. 1-12 28 Dec 18 Raven

I see 12 listed and the finale as Raven. I don't know who has 13 listed.

• 1. 1-1 12 Oct 18 Titans
  • 2. 1-2 19 Oct 18 Hawk and Dove
  • 3. 1-3 26 Oct 18 Origins
  • 4. 1-4 02 Nov 18 Doom Patrol
  • 5. 1-5 09 Nov 18 Episode 5
  • 6. 1-6 16 Nov 18 The Messenger
  • 7. 1-7 23 Nov 18 The Asylum
  • 8. 1-8 30 Nov 18 Donna Troy
  • 9. 1-9 07 Dec 18 Hank and Dawn
  • 10. 1-10 14 Dec 18 Koriand'r
  • 11. 1-11 21 Dec 18 Dick Grayson
  • 12. 1-12 28 Dec 18 Raven
this was the site that had 13 eps.

New 'Titans' Episode Titles Revealed For Exclusive DC Universe Service

it seems some of the titles have been changed around, compared to what you listed.

It appears the episode "Rachael" was added on their list which means it would air next. But the 3rd episode is Origins, not Starfire like that site has listed.

Maybe this Bruce is adopted or Tan is a stunt guy? If it's even true.

I have a hard time believing they would go with an asian Bruce Wayne but they went with a black Starfire too so it is possible. I still think they aren't that bold to alter Wayne's ethnicity.

The guy was nothing more than a stand in. Ofc theyre not gonna give him actual facetime. The gig was probably like superman in S1of supergirl.
Im sure we will eventually see bruce properly, but not until S2.
With all that being said, i wouldnt really mind an asian actor, but lewis tan doesnt have the face or the acting talent to pull him off imo.

If they would want some sort of new approach to casting Batman, fine, but Id seriously hope they would get a better actor than Tan. I am sure he would do good stunts etc, but I would hope for better casting

According to a few sources, Bruce at the Haley circus was played by Canadian actor Steve Boyle.

Lewis Tan is fine for flashbacks.

I dont think he really is. Stuntman? Sure, but not acting.

Thankfully this seems just to be a rumour.

I have a hard time believing they would go with an asian Bruce Wayne but they went with a black Starfire too so it is possible. I still think they aren't that bold to alter Wayne's ethnicity.

Eh, not really the same thing. There are no orange aliens in real life.

Yes, but Dean Cain is white looking enough to not be too different.

Yep. Most people didn't know Cain was part Asian at the time, and he wasn't playing an Asian character...everyone presumed his Clark was the biological son of the Kents, after all.

I personally would have no problem with an Asian Wayne but I'd be surprised if they went there. It is also interesting how there's been none of the usual over-the-top online uproar over the idea of an Asian Wayne as there is for when a black actor plays a character that is white originally. Or if there is I've missed it. Never saw any for Beast Boy either. :hmm

Never saw any for Beast Boy either. :hmm
That's because Ryan Potter as Beast Boy makes as much sense as Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin.
Also, it's Idris Elba or bust when it comes to raceswapping roles.

And we still don't have an orange Starfire. Or a green Beast Boy for that matter.

I've been mostly impressed with the series so far after being so underwhelmed by the trailers. I had expected it to be in the style of the Berlanti CW shows, which is not a compliment (despite the fact I do watch Arrow and Flash.)

I mentioned it the episode 3 thread, but I guess it isn't news that Starfire is an alien. I was afraid they would change her background into an earthling that gained powers as the result of experiments.

As for the Asian Bruce Wayne thing and bringing up "black Starfire" as similar..... it kills me how dense some people can be. A black woman is the closest, ready-to-go real-life representation of Koriand'r, not to mention that you have black people with near that shade of orange. I'd understand if the complaint was that they should have cast a black actress that had skin tone closer to that shade in the comics, but those of you wishing for a white actress painted orange were wishing for some watered-down lameness.

As it stands, I'm pretty impressed with Ana Diop's performance. She capture's Kori's "take no prisoners warrior" essence. Waiting for her first utterance of "X'hal" any day now.

Beast Boy in this version turns green whenever he uses his powers. And I get the feeling they are attempting to do the same with Starifre.

Eh, not really the same thing. There are no orange aliens in real life.

Yep. Most people didn't know Cain was part Asian at the time, and he wasn't playing an Asian character...everyone presumed his Clark was the biological son of the Kents, after all.

I personally would have no problem with an Asian Wayne but I'd be surprised if they went there. It is also interesting how there's been none of the usual over-the-top online uproar over the idea of an Asian Wayne as there is for when a black actor plays a character that is white originally. Or if there is I've missed it. Never saw any for Beast Boy either. :hmm

Making characters black just sends people into a rage,

I feel like its fairly obvious Tan is only playing a silhouette of Bruce in this. But even if they went with him having a full role so what. Asian Bruce, still would look mostly like the comics character just a little different. As far as his acting goes he wouldn't be any worse than most of the other characters imo.

I really don't care that she is black, which if you read my previous posts, you'd see. What I was saying is Starfire is black but they are probably not going to be bold enough to make Bruce Wayne/Batman asian. He is too iconic for them to touch. There are no orange or green people obviously and they avoided using CG or makeup to change them those colors. That gives them a tiny bit of creative freedom in skin tone but Bruce Wayne, they will not change his race because there is no justification in their minds for it to cover the backlash when the angry fans take to the internet and complain endlessly.

That's because Ryan Potter as Beast Boy makes as much sense as Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin.

There was non-stop complaining about Duncan as Kingpin, though. I remember one guy saying a black guy couldn't have the last name Fisk, lol.

There was non-stop complaining about Duncan as Kingpin, though. I remember one guy saying a black guy couldn't have the last name Fisk, lol.
Haha, now that is a unique angle on the subject.

I loved Duncan as the Kingpin.. He is miles better then the big baby we got for the DD TV show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"