Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

I do wonder if the show will address Crisis and their Earth being wiped or if they will just just ignore it?

On CW #Crisis (at least they have not added that Blue filter.)

ELTxaMaXYAASxJB.jpg

ELTxacgX0AISRog.jpg

I do wonder if the show will address Crisis and their Earth being wiped or if they will just just ignore it?
If they were gonna just ignore it they didn't have to explicitly say it got destroyed, but they did.

Leads me to believe it will either be reversed or Titans S3 will pick up on a slightly different Earth or timeline due to Crisis.

Leads me to believe it will either be reversed or Titans S3 will pick up on a slightly different Earth or timeline due to Crisis.
We all know that's 99% not happening lol. I have a hard time seeing the people working on this show, or any show for that matter, to go out of their way to accommodate the story line to a show on another network. Secondly, it's gonna alienate a good portion of viewers if they don't watch the CW shows to know what the heck just happened to their world.

We all know that's 99% not happening lol. I have a hard time seeing the people working on this show, or any show for that matter, to go out of their way to accommodate the story line to a show on another network. Secondly, it's gonna alienate a good portion of viewers if they don't watch the CW shows to know what the heck just happened to their world.
They don't have to cross over every week to be set on the same Earth.

I really REALLY tried getting into the Titans show, but just...can't?
My poor friend has tried to get me to continue, but the way they've done my boy Nightwing, it hurts to watch.
I haven't finished S1 nor watched S2, and honestly, none of the reviews are particularly encouraging.

If they were gonna just ignore it they didn't have to explicitly say it got destroyed, but they did. Leads me to believe it will either be reversed or Titans S3 will pick up on a slightly different Earth or timeline due to Crisis.
We all know that's 99% not happening lol. I have a hard time seeing the people working on this show, or any show for that matter, to go out of their way to accommodate the story line to a show on another network.
I can say with almost 100% certainty that what took place on the CW shows wont make the slightest bit of difference to the Titans show.

The scene with Hawk and Robin was a mere nod to DC fans, and in the context of the CW multiverse, there might be a version of Robin and a version of Hawk out there somewhere that look identical to characters we know from another show. It doesn't mean they're connected.

Honestly, I found this video more tedious to sit through than Titans Season 1. I at least got to the end of Titans Season 1. The guy who made that video is just droning on about things he doesn't agree with or that don't make sense to him. :confused:

Season 1 wasn't great, Season 2 was better, hopefully Season 3 will shine (third time lucky). I don't personally get all the hate though. No show is perfect.

Season 2 was still suffered with the poor pacing and editing that season 1 had.

Only just finished episode 5 so a bit of almost mid season review.

Firstly whoever made the decision to keep that episode back to serve as the first episode of season 2 instead of it being the last episode of season 2 needs sacked. The whole flow of that episode feels like a finally (a rushed finale, I mean after all of season 1 for that to be all we see of Trigon I felt rather disappointed.)

Secondly the fight scenes can be great at times but the editing around them is often terrible. There have been so many shots of Titans just standing doing nothing in the background and just the whole fight with Dr Light in front of the bus or the 5 year back titans mission. They just take away from the scene at times because you find yourself internally shouting like "Hey you're not doing anything right now why don't you help out"

Season 2 was still suffered with the poor pacing and editing that season 1 had.
I am only on episode 6 but wow this has been noticeable so far.

Apparently Barbara Gordon/Oracle will be a recurring character in season 3.

I find it hard to be excited given that the show has yet to find new writers and a showrunner to take things in a different direction.

Does anybody know if Gar working on another show, film or stage production during filming of this show?

Pretty sure I can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen him all season.

The Good
-The costumes. Aside from Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire, the costumes are excellent. They need to be in costume more.
-Jason Todd is easily my favorite character in the show. Great writing and perfect casting. This character could’ve easily been annoying. His suit is AMAZING.
-Hawk and Dove, surprisingly. I’m not a big fan of these characters in the comics, but the writing is great and these characters were perfectly cast. Great chemistry between them. Hawk and Jason is great as well.
-Wonder Girl is perfectly cast. Very likable actress, great costume too.
-This is the best version of Deathstroke we’ve ever gotten in live action for sure. Absolutely terrifying.
-Superboy. I wasn’t totally interested in his story, but the actor KILLED it.
-Jericho was so sweet. I love that they got a real deaf actor for the part.

The Bad
-The pacing
-The infighting/lack of a team dynamic
-They never wear their suits
-Secret identities thrown out the window
-Beast Boy only turns into a tiger, his wig/uniform is horrible, the characterization is miserable, and Ryan Potter’s performance is not impressive
-Ravager is the worst actress on the show by a mile
-Dick Grayson’s character is so miserable and not what I wanted to see at all. I feel like the actor is making Dick more boring than he should be. He literally has no personality at all. His suits are amazing though. Despite lacking personality, the actor is technically very talented.
-Starfire’s characterization is so awful I can’t enjoy the character at all. No charm, nothing resembling the character I love.
-Raven’s characterization and actor is not working for me either. She’s too young, and doesn’t have the requisite darkness. She’s not selling me as the daughter of a demon.
-The plotlines just ramble on. The seasons need to be significantly shorter to hold my interest. I love the Titans but this show is honestly so boring.
-The Tamaran stuff feels cheap and boring. Not excited for Blackfire at all.
-Mercy Graves. Ugh.
-It’s too bad that Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy are such horrible versions of the characters when they’re such big parts of the team

I just finished up S2. Quite good! (Better, IMO, than S1 - which was also good.) For the most part, the various parallel character arcs were interesting; and the use of flashbacks was nicely structured. (Though, for me, the Starfire stuff was the least engaging.)

Side note: Having been impressed with S1, I was surprised at how poor the first episode of S2 was. It almost felt like the Arrowverse writers had taken over Titans. :o Happily, things greatly improved by episode 2. And I’ve now learned that the S2 premier was originally the S1 finale. But no matter which season you place it in, bad is bad.

Ok so I finished season 2 last night here's my take.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed this season, there were some great moments and episodes throughout I find I am left the same sense of dissatisfaction that last years nothing ending also provided. (But for different reasons)

• Enjoyed the Deathstroke fight that was my highlight of the episode
  • The team uniting against Conor was great as well
  • Where I thought this episode went off a cliff in terms of quality was Donna's death it just felt so forced and shoehorned in to have a member of the team be sacrificed at the end. Everything about it felt clunky and just bad writing (unless Leslie told them that she wanted out of the show no matter what or Themysciran's have some special weakness to electricity then I just don't get it). I mean she was tanking punches from Superboy literally a minute or two earlier and why didn't he help her. That whole scene just felt like a complete mess and unfortunately left a bitter taste at the end of a mostly enjoyable season.

...Although I thoroughly enjoyed this season, there were some great moments and episodes throughout I find I am left the same sense of dissatisfaction that last years nothing ending also provided. (But for different reasons)

• Enjoyed the Deathstroke fight that was my highlight of the episode
  • The team uniting against Conor was great as well
  • Where I thought this episode went off a cliff in terms of quality was Donna's death it just felt so forced and shoehorned in to have a member of the team be sacrificed at the end. Everything about it felt clunky and just bad writing (unless Leslie told them that she wanted out of the show no matter what or Themysciran's have some special weakness to electricity then I just don't get it). I mean she was tanking punches from Superboy literally a minute or two earlier and why didn't he help her. That whole scene just felt like a complete mess and unfortunately left a bitter taste at the end of a mostly enjoyable season.

We might agree that a... certain plot point in the finale was handled clumsily. :oldrazz: But it’s not as if the season (or even the final episode) was especially focused on this character. The series (as per its title) is an ensemble effort. Therefore, this one detail (flawed as it may be) shouldn’t negate the whole thing.

Moreover, they practically telegraphed that…

… a magical resurrection was forthcoming.

So I’m not sure it’s worth investing a lot of anger in an event that will likely be reversed. :cwink:

Incidentally: it’s considerate that some folks in this thread are still using spoiler tags to talk about this subject. I’m not sure about other regions, but Netflix Canada only recently posted S2 of Titans. So for many of us, details are still spoiler-y. And I stayed away from this thread for that reason. Unfortunately, I was already spoiled by a gratuitous comment in another thread... :cmad:

We might agree that a... certain plot point in the finale was handled clumsily. :oldrazz: But it’s not as if the season (or even the final episode) was especially focused on this character. The series (as per its title) is an ensemble effort. Therefore, this one detail (flawed as it may be) shouldn’t negate the whole thing.

Moreover, they practically telegraphed that…

… a magical resurrection was forthcoming.

So I’m not sure it’s worth investing a lot of anger in an event that will likely be reversed. :cwink:

Incidentally: it’s considerate that some folks in this thread are still using spoiler tags to talk about this subject. I’m not sure about other regions, but Netflix Canada only recently posted S2 of Titans. So for many of us, details are still spoiler-y. And I stayed away from this thread for that reason. Unfortunately, I was already spoiled by a gratuitous comment in another thread... :cmad:

Yeah but I think the main reason that it annoyed me so much was that it just left the finale feeling like a real let down and now this beginning to appear to be a trend as its the second time that Titans finale has been a car crash and I have other complaints about it.

1. The Deathstroke Fight - Now we've been building Slade up as the main villain for the entire season and I hoped that there fight would be as good as the first one between him and Cory but it was downright awful. There were some Iron Fist bad levels of editing in that fight scene that just made it flow terribly. Also it felt like a real let down that we never got the whole team (or at least a few more) to all face off against Deathstroke. Instead you just had Dick & Rose taking him on, and even though he isn't dead (they deleted a canon scene of him in a hospital after) it just felt cheap.
  2. Donna's Death - I honestly can't reason with this, and like you said it shouldn't leave such a bad taste but it did for me. Donna wasn't even my favorite character but this death just seemed so clunky, poorly written and without weight it honestly left me sitting they're rather bored for the last 5-10 minutes as i was sitting through her funeral scene. Then even more so they plant the seed for her resurrection next season, which made even less sense to me. Was left thinking "So wait you have chosen to give a character a ridiculous and totally unnecessary death at the end of one season just to reverse it at the beginning of the next season? Who approved this!" My other issues seem to be more subjective but I haven't spoken to anyone who thought that was a good idea and executed well.
  3. Overall Episode Structure - One of the big reason I think it fails badly as a finale is that it tries to wrap up to many different story threads in one episode and in doing so ends up wrapping up multiple ones in what feels like a very rushed and unsatisfactory way. Like Slade had to be the big bad for me over Cadmus as his stuff has been so much more interesting that theirs and he's what we have been building up to. Think if you swapped the Cadmus stuff at the start of the episode to which the team have to rescue Conor & Gar and then they are out of the final fight because they are shocked/tramutized over what they've done so the rest of the team have to face Deathstroke and if you still wanted to kill Donna you could have had her be killed by Slade saving the team which I just think would have been so much better and given her sacrifice actual weight rather than just have us screaming at screen "Conor, Rachel either of you gonna give her a hand?" And personally think you could have left out the Blackfire stuff till next season.
  4. Character Blocking - A smaller issue but issue none the less I have with this is show is that the fight scenes can look awesome at time but whoever is in charge of putting them together is terrible at blocking. You constantly see people just standing doing nothing in the background or they are edited together in a way where it doesn't feel cohesive. And its not like that's a hard thing to do, every show as a moment of it every now and then but the likes of Arrow usually do a very good job with that
Don't get me wrong im not banging my head in frustration it just changed my outlook on the show overall as I think its the second season in a row with a poor ending (Once is a mistake two is a trend) and this one was worse than the first for me. I will still watch season 3 but honestly if it doesn't improve dramatically I think it could be my last one with Titans.

I know how you feel I live in the UK so we only got Titans season 2 on January 11th.

Just started this show on Netflix recently and enjoying so surprised at so many negative reactions.

However other than the old Teen Titans cartoon I know very little of most of the characters.

If you're a fan of Zack Snyder's DC movies then you will probably like this show.

Just finished binging Seasons 1 and 2 and I really liked it. Sure, it can be a bit too soap opera style with the drama, in that there was more angst than actual crime-fighting, but when they started kicking butt it was doing great.

I'd have to say that Raven is my favorite character. Once S2 rolled around, her look really came together. I think they can work on her hair a little more, but that's a small niggle. The actress really kicked it! Dick is second, even though in S2 he had his head up his butt more often than not. But then that could be said for a lot of the characters, which leads back to my 'soap opera drama' comment from above.

If I have one major complaint, it's too much angst and not enough crime-fighting and team work. I get it that they need tension for the drama, but for a lot of it, it was not fun watching them being together as a 'family.'

In that regard, I hope Season 3 runs a lot smoother on that front. Hopefully we've gotten a lot of the history baggage out of the way and they can concentrate on kicking some villain-butt and just having a fun time together while doing it!

Can't wait for Season 3!

If I have one major complaint, it's too much angst and not enough crime-fighting and team work. I get it that they need tension for the drama, but for a lot of it, it was not fun watching them being together as a 'family.'
That's pretty much the main complaint that most fans have of this show and at times it feels like the showrunners are little embarrassed that they're writing about people that wear colourful costumes. This feels more like a soap opera than a superhero show and the Titans never felt like a family as most of the time they argue or fight each other over silly things.

Just started this show on Netflix recently and enjoying so surprised at so many negative reactions.

However other than the old Teen Titans cartoon I know very little of most of the characters.

Glancing over my comments it does sound like I really disliked it but that's not the case what really irritates me is that I think the show could be exponentially better if a few issues were adressed.

Just finished binging Seasons 1 and 2 and I really liked it. Sure, it can be a bit too soap opera style with the drama, in that there was more angst than actual crime-fighting, but when they started kicking butt it was doing great.

I'd have to say that Raven is my favorite character. Once S2 rolled around, her look really came together. I think they can work on her hair a little more, but that's a small niggle. The actress really kicked it! Dick is second, even though in S2 he had his head up his butt more often than not. But then that could be said for a lot of the characters, which leads back to my 'soap opera drama' comment from above.

In that regard, I hope Season 3 runs a lot smoother on that front. Hopefully we've gotten a lot of the history baggage out of the way and they can concentrate on kicking some villain-butt and just having a fun time together while doing it!

Can't wait for Season 3!

This is one of my big complaints of the show, throughout we are continuously told that "The Titans were heroes" "The Titans saved people" "We aren't just Titans we're a family" and honestly I can't say that one I feel like I know what the Titans really are because as a unit we have seen them in action maybe once or twice and two I never felt this family connection that they harped on about so much I thought I was watching a Fast N Furious movie at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"