Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

I don't even understand why Jason Todd is in this show, when it seems like Tim Drake would be a more natural fit in terms of narrative.

Jason Todd was the Robin all the fans hated who fans VOTED to die at the hands of the Joker, and that's how he was primarily known for years until he was resurrected because Superboy Prime punched a cosmic barrier or some BS.

The sad thing is I doubt they will ever use Tim Drake which is frustrating as the character is hardly used in other media.

I think the only reason why they decided to use Jason Todd is because of Jason's time as his Red Hood persona. Red Hood has a strong cult following and is one of the most popular member in the Batfamily so I get why showrunners wanted Jason Todd on the show. But it just feels all rushed as he's barely been developed as Robin.

One thing that they apparently said is that Red Hood will be 'obsessed with taking the Titans down', which is just... why? Really hope they give it a reason in the upcoming season and it's nothing to do with the petty stuff that led to him splitting in S2.

On one hand, I'm super skeptical of them bringing in so much Batman related stuff, but on the other hand, as somebody who actually really enjoys this show, I feel like the Dick & Jason stories and the dynamic between them is easily the most well-done part of the show. So I can see why they're trying to lean into it more.​

$20 bucks says that they'll have the group suited up for the first two or three episodes then find some convoluted reason for them not to wear their costumes until the season finale.

Furthermore, they'll probably have the group split up again later in the middle, only to reunite afterwards due to them being a family.

Not really feeling it tbh. Whatever arc they're planning would seem to undercut the **** out of Red Hood as has been presented. Change traditional storylines as needed to accommodate a new medium (or simply to do something different), but this is gonna be a tough sell for me. A 15 year old (or whatever) RH whose pissy because of whatever trumped up reason they teased at the end? Yeesh.

On top of that, there's Dick's continued emergence as Nightwing, the Starfire/Blackfire stuff, Connor's integration into the team and (hopefully) getting Donna back into the fold, plus other stuff. Seems like a lot to balance on a show where the writing is hit or miss.

Another season of being a hot mess. Plus we have Barbara joining the show. They seriously need to reboot this next season.

Agreed. They really need to trim down the current roster. There's just too many characters at the moment.

Frankly, I would strongly recommend for the show to get rid of the following heroes:

• Hawk and Dove (Useless characters with useless drama).
  • Rose Wilson (Terrible Costume and even worse actress).
  • Beast Boy (Although likable, he's somewhat useless to the group).
I would have the current lineup consisted of Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Superboy, and Wonder Girl.

Furthermore, the show needs to embrace the fact that these are costumed heroes. Having the characters go through most of the season without wearing their costumes is just stupid. It's almost as if the producers are ashamed/embarrassed of the source material.

I can go on with the list of the problems that this show has (i.e. dark blue color filters, needless overuse of profanity, huge miscast of Bruce Wayne, etc.).

Frankly, this show should have been cancelled after the second season. It's just insane to think that a show like this gets another season while Marvel's Daredevil gets cancelled after terrific third season. Worst of all, the producers don't acknowledge their mistakes. They shamelessly act as if the crap that they throw out is actually good.

Red Hood’s design is revealed!

Looks good, too bad the writing quality on this show won’t match the quality of the design.

Agreed. They really need to trim down the current roster. There's just too many characters at the moment.

Frankly, I would strongly recommend for the show to get rid of the following heroes:

• Hawk and Dove (Useless characters with useless drama).
  • Rose Wilson (Terrible Costume and even worse actress).
  • Beast Boy (Although likable, he's somewhat useless to the group).
I would have the current lineup consisted of Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Superboy, and Wonder Girl.

Furthermore, the show needs to embrace the fact that these are costumed heroes. Having the characters go through most of the season without wearing their costumes is just stupid. It's almost as if the producers are ashamed/embarrassed of the source material.

I can go on with the list of the problems that this show has (i.e. dark blue color filters, needless overuse of profanity, huge miscast of Bruce Wayne, etc.).

Frankly, this show should have been cancelled after the second season. It's just insane to think that a show like this gets another season while Marvel's Daredevil gets cancelled after terrific third season. Worst of all, the producers don't acknowledge their mistakes. They shamelessly act as if the crap that they throw out is actually good.
Hawk is fine for me and probably one of the best things about the show; the fact that the actor is starting to gain traction elsewhere is evident of this.

But I wouldn't be sorry if Wonder Girl was done and the likes of Dove and Rose were gone.

A tighter season than the previous ones would be appreciated.

I am willing to give this show another chance this season, but with these same showrunners still involved I am going in with the lowest possible expectations. Last season was a hot mess, but there are elements about this show that I do still enjoy and that's why I haven't completely given up on it yet.

I met Brenton Thwaites the other day. Really cool dude. Can’t wait to see more Nightwing.

Red Hood looks great. I do also think it’s a little too early to introduce him, but I’m interested to see how they handle it.

and I’m hoping Starfire and Beast Boy get a lot more to do this season.

They pretty much keep Beast Boy around to be "cute" and be diverse. Shame

Tell us more??
I just arrived at work and right next door is a coffee shop. I noticed him but kinda didn’t believe it at first, and then I saw his wife.
So I was just like, “uh hey man, I love Titans! I actually have you on my phone case haha”
(I have an illustration I drew of him as Nightwing printed on my case)

I asked for a photo and we were just chatting a bit. I work at a tattoo shop and he was asking if I have any superhero tats.
He told me that coffee shop is their “local” cafe when they’re in town, so I hope I run into them again! He was super chill and friendly.

attachment.php

Brenton is the first Dick Grayson to be Nightwing in live-action.

Curran Walters has made history as being the first live-action Jason Todd whether as Robin or Red Hood.

Both Titans and Stargirl saw lots of live-action debuts of comics characters.

Starfire concept art (partially)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"