The Dark Knight Rises Title for the third Batman movie..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[A]

Avenger
Reaction score
Post your favourites! :):up:

I wanted to quote some good titles from the old thread but you can't quote a closed thread :duh:

I still think 'The Dark Knight Returns' is the most obvious. :up:

Based on issue titles:
Knight Fall (KnightFall, Knightfall)
Knight's End (KnightsEnd, Knightsend)
The Brave and the Bold

Based on Gotham's and Arkham's Many Names
Gotham Knight(s)
City of Knight(s)
Gotham City
Arkham Asylum
Fort Adolphus

Based on his nicknames:

World's Greatest Detective
The Dark Detective
(The) Caped Crusader
(The) Masked Manhunter
Dark Manhunter
([The] Worst) Nightmare/Knightmare

My top 5:

1. The Batman
  2. Gotham (City)
  3. The Worst Knightmare
  4. Gotham Knights
  5. The Caped Crusader

Last edited:
'Shadow of the Bat' isn't too shabby at all. I can't understand why so many people hate on it. :huh:

Even though The Dark Knight Returns sounds obvious and is the one that's mentioned the most over the internet, I don't think that'll be the title. It sounds more like a working title... The one's that caught my attention are The Caped Crusader and The Worst Knightmare.

]Even though The Dark Knight Returns sounds obvious and is the one that's mentioned the most over the internet, I don't think that'll be the title.[/b] It sounds more like a working title... The one's that caught my attention are The Caped Crusader and The Worst Knightmare.

I agree. I very much doubt it will end up being 'The Worst Knightmare' either. Doesn't sound right to me, lol.

A Nightmare on Gotham City:The Dream Knights

After being killed in a fire. Mad Hatter begins terrorising children in their dreams. And its up to Dick and Barbara to stop him. While Batman must deal with other threats in the City. Who said Hatter couldnt work as a stand alone villain?

And in Dick and Barbaras dream, they turn into Robin and Batgirl. So they can pull off any unrealistic pap they want. Real world,nah. Dream world,yes.

Last edited:
Gotham Knights and Shadow of the Bat sound okay to me. Also, if Two-Face returns, they could take some cues from the story of the same name and call it Dark Victory.

Batman: Dark Victory
Gotham City (or just Gotham)
Batman: Knight's End

My favorite title so far is "Batman: Knightfall" (or some variation of). It's a nice combination of the previous two titles in the trilogy but at the same time isn't redundant like "The Dark Knight Returns" would be.

"Gotham" to me is a horrible title. It's like calling Taxi Driver "New York" just because that's where it takes place. The main character of the series is Batman, not his city.

Dark Victory I like too. And then there is always "The Man Who Falls" too.

I read recently in a comic I think where someone called him The Dark Detective. I still like Batman or The Batman. I think most people are thinking way too obscure.

That's another thing I've been wondering about. Do you think that Nolan will go back to using 'Batman' in the movie title?

He has said that he had to use it in the first one so people would know what it was, but he went with TDK (on the second) to draw some distance between the previous series and his.

I still think 'The Dark Knight Returns' is the most obvious. :up:

Yes, I also think so. A good movie, value to see it.:facepalm:
clear.gif

That's another thing I've been wondering about. Do you think that Nolan will go back to using 'Batman' in the movie title?

He has said that he had to use it in the first one so people would know what it was, but he went with TDK (on the second) to draw some distance between the previous series and his.

Maybe he wants this to be his take on the James Bond series. :oldrazz: You never needed HIS name in the title.

1. Grim Avenger of the Night
2. The Long Halloween
3. World's Greatest Detective
4. The Batman
5. The Caped Crusader

The Batman, The Winged Avenger, The Caped Crusader, The Dark Knight Returns

Although, Thedarkknightreturnsmovie.com , has my leaning toward TDKR

Unless the next movie is a direct adaptation of a comic book, it wont have the same title as one. So try and find a new name, because "The Long Halloween", "DKR", etc are comic book names.

I think "Grim Avenger of the Night" is a very cool title and it's not been used for a comic book series.

..but avenger in the title..? I don't see it happening..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"