Tivo the Hype (Back from the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAL's post reminded me of this thread.

link

Spider-Bat said:
Greetings my friends.

First off, let me answer some questions:

1.) Spider-Bat? Where the hell were you?

My mom found out about me being on this forum, so she said I wasn't allowed to be on this site because she's afraid of pedephiles, etc, etc.

2.) But, how are you posting now?

Well, my parents are not currently here and I've decided to make one last post.

3.) Why can't you post then?

I want to respect my mom's request.

Now, please nobody try to convince me otherwise.

I want to say good bye and good luck to everyone here, and especially my friends: Stryker (or Demon's Head), Flass, Max Shreck, owen, and Sentinel_08.

I've had good times here, and I'll never forget my experiences here, you guys got me into writting, and for that I thank you.

You'll still see me here from time to time, checking out the latest news, but I doubt I'll be posting

So, good-bye my friends. I will miss you.

You posted this:

fcm9vn.jpg

MOTHER!

In turn, Erz posted this:

Spider-Bat said:
Greetings my friends.

First off, let me answer some questions:

1.) Spider-Bat? Where the hell were you?

My mom found out about me being on this forum, so she said I wasn't allowed to be on this site because she's afraid of pedephiles, etc, etc.

2.) But, how are you posting now?

Well, my parents are not currently here and I've decided to make one last post.

3.) Why can't you post then?

I want to respect my mom's request.

Now, please nobody try to convince me otherwise.

I want to say good bye and good luck to everyone here, and especially my friends: Stryker (or Demon's Head), Flass, Max Shreck, owen, and Sentinel_08.

I've had good times here, and I'll never forget my experiences here, you guys got me into writting, and for that I thank you.

You'll still see me here from time to time, checking out the latest news, but I doubt I'll be posting

So, good-bye my friends. I will miss you. :(

Quite simple.

Ah, man. This thread is why I love the Hype. Though I still wish we could have gotten some of the gems from the Golden Age of SHH [2000-2003].

Another oldie. Moviefan2k on MPAA Ratings!

Not to get off on much of a wild tangent here,

Same post:

but I think the MPAA's rating restrictions have become too relaxed in the last 15 years or so. Films that would've once recieved an R rating without question, are now sneaking by with PG-13s, and even a few are being rated PG! Take Rush Hour for example. It was Rated PG-13 for action, violence, shootouts, and language. Well, in my opinion the film should have been rated R, mainly because of Chris Tucker's mouth. I lost count after the third use of God's name as a swear word, not to mention every other saying that popped up in the film. I understand the use of swearing to an extent, but IMO any use of God's name as a profane term should earn any film an automatic R rating, similar to how the "F-bomb" usually boosts a film's rating from PG to PG-13, or R if its more than once. In the case of Rush Hour, the shootouts should have pushed it towards an R rating even further.

As for other ratings issues, I don't think the descriptions are accurate enough. For example, the MPAA uses stuff like this: "Rated R for pervasive strong horror violence/gore, gruesome images, sexuality, drug use and language." This was used for Freddy vs. Jason, a film which I made the terrible mistake of seeing a few years ago, and will never watch again. I was hoping they'd take it back to the thriller-film roots of horror films in general...apparently the makers thought differently. To this day I still feel like throwing up because of this movie. For anyone who's seen it, you'll probably realize the only mention of sex in the descriptor is "sexuality". They should have used something like "repeated scenes of explicit sex and nudity." That was some really sick stuff, not to mention all the blood...which, by the way, they actually warned against properly. Why warn folks about buckets of blood, and practically ignore the sex factor? God as my witness, I hate it when films lure folks in with crap like that. I don't know anyone aged 25 that needs to see all that stuff (both sex and blood), let alone 17!!!

By contrast, in 1986 the MPAA gave a PG rating to Ferris Bueller's Day Off. This was the year that the PG-13 rating was established, and R had been around for a while, too. I was watching it again recently, and was shocked to discover how much swearing was in that film (a fact I hadn't noticed until now). Considering the lack of explicit sex, blood, gore, or violence, I'd have been satisfied with this earning a PG-13, although I don't believe there's a 13-year-old child in the world who should be exposed to repeated uses of God's name as a profane term. Just because the world at large says "It's okay, no big deal", doesn't mean it's the truth.

I don't know anything about Cronenberg, but I too believe that sex scenes are almost always (99.9% minimum) completely pointless. A prime example of this is the original Highlander, where there's a drawn-out scene between Connor MacLeod and Brenda Wyatt. throughout the story, we get the point that she's in love with him; the sex scene just wasn't necessary. As for the violence (beheadings galore), it still bothers me a bit, but I understand its use as a primary story point. In the film's third sequel, Highlander: Endgame, there's another sex scene, this time between Duncan MacLeod and his new bride, Faith, on their wedding night. They could have toned it down, not to mention the point where Duncan stabs her with a sword, to make her immortal. Yes, it sets up their future rivalry, but if they must have it, then use it sparingly, and add proper rating descriptions. Is that really too much to ask?

I wanna have sex in front of Moviefan2k4.

I just love the "Not to go off on a tangent..." then goes off on a tangent.

I miss him too. Ice walls, mountains being mud, evolution not existing, the Earth is only 6,000 years old, dinosaurs roamed with man,..etc.

Gems.

I miss him too. Ice walls, mountains being mud, evolution not existing, the Earth is only 6,000 years old, dinosaurs roamed with man,..etc.

Gems.
Not just ice walls....a three meter thick ice shield floating in the earth's atmosphere that would have made life as we know it completely impossible, yet which existed alongside man and everything else until the great flood.

:dry:

:facepalm

Not just ice walls....a three meter thick ice shield floating in the earth's atmosphere that would have made life as we know it completely impossible, yet which existed alongside man and everything else until the great flood.

:dry:

:facepalm
He also said Jesus rode Dinosaurs.
they are so many good quotes about him in the old relegion thread, that belong here.

For Example, These gems:

chaseter said:
I suggest you become a MovieFan Christian because according to him, Jesus rode dinosaurs!!!

*disclaimer: I am a theist but am not associated with the views or opinions expressed solely by MovieFan2k4

and
chaseter said:
Jews don't care about Noah...now Moses is another story They can tell awesome stories about Moses. However, they leave out dinosaurs so I become less interested

JManspice said:
But that's the best part of the fairy tale! When Moses leads the Jews through the desert, guiding them on the back of his sturdy T-Rex, Hadassa!

and
Jmanspice said:
It's absolute HORSE CRAP.

You know, Moviefan, it's fine that you don't believe in evolution. It really is. But when you discount basic biological science and expect us to believe that people survived without the hydrological cycle, you are making a complete mockery of the planet. There is NO WAY life would be able to sustain itself without rain. None. Rain replenishes lakes and streams. Rainwater feeds plants and wildlife. Without rain, there would have been no life.

I usually like to say that the story of Noah's Ark is complete nonsense because a global flood is physically impossible and it would be even more physically impossible to build a boat which could transport two of every animal on Earth. But after reading your post, I have come to conclude that based on Bible science, the story of Noah's Ark is complete nonsense because there was no life on Earth to save because there was no rain beforehand. Hence no boat to save all of Earth's species, and humanity probably wouldn't exist today as a result.

You keep digging a much larger, logical hole to place your theories in. But I'm sure you're just going to place your head in that hole and bury it, and once again not pay attention to anything we're saying.

Some Moviefan Gems:
Moviefan2k4 said:
You ever heard of the canopy theory? For those who haven't, it suggests that about 4,000 years ago (in the days before the Flood), there was a large canopy of either water or ice (probably the latter, I think), suspended in the Earth's magnetic field above the atmosphere. This canopy would then have fallen down onto the Earth (creating rain for the very first time), while at the same time huge cracks in the planet's crust would've released a ton of water, massive enough to cover the entire world. After the waters receded, whatever didn't evaporate would leave Earth with the oceans and (natural) lakes it has today.

Moviefan2k4 said:
1) Where did the fresh water come from after the flood?

Before the flood, there was no rain. What this means is that the hydro-logic cycle was not working as we know it today. So the only thing that existed was streams and lakes (if any existed) of salt water. This is because the hydro-logic cycle separates the water from the salt. So the only way for fresh water to be on the earth's surface is if a spring brought it up.

2) How did the salt water fish survive?

So after the flood, when the hydro-logic cycle was working because the barometric pressure had fallen enough for it to work. The salt water evaporated leaving behind the salt. So when it rained, it rained fresh water. The fresh water run off eventually filled our lakes and streams. And because it was done gradually, the salt water fish adapted to it and became fresh water fish.

Last edited:
This whole thread has turned ******ed. Fantastic Four will not work on big screen. I've been proven twice already. I would love to be proven wrong.

And you will be, once I get the rights and convince James Cameron to do it.

James Cameron would stab you for going before him with such foolishness

Cameron's ego seems to be larger than most states.

Hey he wrote a Spider-Man script, albeit a crappy ass one.

Peter f***ing MJ on top of a bridge. That's all I remember from it.

Sounds hot...Id watch it....you can't tell me she's never wanted to try something like that....MJs a freak

I would've been annoyed if that made it into the movie. I really don't want to see Peter Parker: Lothario.

Yes, but I would like to see MJ taking it like a champ.

Eh, it's just Kirsten Dunst. She's not that hot, plus she's naked in some other movies, isn't she?

She isn't....but i'd still like to see her nekkid...taking a donkey punch on top of the Brooklyn Bridge

Damnit Darth. You made me lolz while I was on the phone.

:sleepy:

Can you people not post so much pr0n?
My door is wide open and my parents could walk by.

Don't know why but this made me chuckle, he's complaining about Olivia Munn in a bikini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"