Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That daughter is spoiled enough having Thor as her dad! :p

hoping for other villains besides dark elves and malekith.

AND regarding casts, it is okay to say for sure that Hopkins is indeed back as Odin, correct?

Bah! I can't take it anymore! Day after day, and no news! When are we going to find out who the villain is?!

But the little torture before the big news are officially released is the best part! I love talking and guessing what's going to happen and who might show up. Cooking up the rumor-soup is so much fun. Remember when we saw the set pics of Avengers with those stuntmen wearing morph suits? Those gave us a hint what kind of villains Avengers were having... I wonder if we get such footage for Thor too... It would help us investigating who's definitelly showing up heh.

Okay. Here is what I want from this movie. I am just going to make a list, and you guys can agree or disagree. Here is what I want.

1. Obviously the villian is going to be Malekith and Dark Elves. However, if there is a lot of travels to other words, I would like to see Enchantress and Executioner as supporting villains.

2. Thanos (just his presence, due to Loki, nothing more)

3. More detail on what Loki did in between Thor, and the Avengers. Where he met The Other, and Thanos, etc

4. Odin to show his power, how powerful he is.

5. Thor wearing his helmet in combat.

6. "I say thee, NAY!" (pleaseee)

7. "Have at thee!" (please)

8. After Credit scene with Surtur, hinting at Ragnarok, or a scene hinting at Surtur and Ragnarok

This will make me love this movie

Aw, brilliant list. I agree to all those points too!

On 3: A flashback scene would be enough... Lets keep it brief, so we'd have more time for the other stuff :D ...

On 4: Yep. He did a brief nap, nothing more, but like my mobile phone battery he must be charged anyways. We have to see what he did for bringing Thor back to Midgard imo. Loki just said, that Odin had to use lots of dark magic to do that. I would like to hear what he did and if it made him loose power or whatever.

On 5: We could give the helmet a use in combat. He could use it to fight or so... Lets say Mjolnir is out of reach. He'd use the helmet maybe. A helmet is also there to protect his precious golden locks from getting harmed. Let's show how a mighty foe attacks his beautiful head and the helmet is protecting him. Aside from looking cool we get a purpose and then we get more scenes with it. (hopefully) But I can see that he is not wearing it ALL the time. None of us would wear battle armor when eating a sandwich or doing the dishes eh? (Except me... of course ;)) So, we need some scenes where it makes sense ;)

6+7: Iconic phrases FTW! Forsooth, I might suggest "Aye, varily" too. ^_^

i agree with all of ur ideas...except i dont think marvel will want to show Surtur just yet cuz they would have to set up Avengers 2 in aftercredits

They could also show a scene in Iron Man and give Thor Surtur ;) First rumour I heard about IM3 was that it would have Avengers scenes. We need to see at least a bit how Tony turns the Stark Tower into their HQ. About Thor2, first rumour around was that we actually see Muspelheim in the sequell. Appearently they changed their minds now. BUT maybe this indicates that they plan to use him very soon. I loved the Balroc in LotR... Guess where Tolkien took it from? Yep, Norse Mythology's Surtur. I would love if they at least make him look similar without any copyright issues of course lol. Man, just imagine a huuuge giant fire-demon with a burning sword.... How awesome THIS must look on screen.:hrt:

hoping for other villains besides dark elves and malekith.

AND regarding casts, it is okay to say for sure that Hopkins is indeed back as Odin, correct?
To part two, yes.

To part one, Malekith is awesome. Although it would be a shame if Malekith is in it and Kurse is not also in it, as Kurse is the more interesting character IMHO

To part two, yes.

To part one, Malekith is awesome. Although it would be a shame if Malekith is in it and Kurse is not also in it, as Kurse is the more interesting character IMHO

He's also by far the biggest actual threat to Thor out of the two, but honestly I still want to see Enchantress and Executioner.

But the little torture before the big news are officially released is the best part! I love talking and guessing what's going to happen and who might show up. Cooking up the rumor-soup is so much fun. Remember when we saw the set pics of Avengers with those stuntmen wearing morph suits? Those gave us a hint what kind of villains Avengers were having... I wonder if we get such footage for Thor too... It would help us investigating who's definitelly showing up heh.

Aw, brilliant list. I agree to all those points too!

On 3: A flashback scene would be enough... Lets keep it brief, so we'd have more time for the other stuff :D ...

On 4: Yep. He did a brief nap, nothing more, but like my mobile phone battery he must be charged anyways. We have to see what he did for bringing Thor back to Midgard imo. Loki just said, that Odin had to use lots of dark magic to do that. I would like to hear what he did and if it made him loose power or whatever.

On 5: We could give the helmet a use in combat. He could use it to fight or so... Lets say Mjolnir is out of reach. He'd use the helmet maybe. A helmet is also there to protect his precious golden locks from getting harmed. Let's show how a mighty foe attacks his beautiful head and the helmet is protecting him. Aside from looking cool we get a purpose and then we get more scenes with it. (hopefully) But I can see that he is not wearing it ALL the time. None of us would wear battle armor when eating a sandwich or doing the dishes eh? (Except me... of course ;)) So, we need some scenes where it makes sense ;)

6+7: Iconic phrases FTW! Forsooth, I might suggest "Aye, varily" too. ^_^

They could also show a scene in Iron Man and give Thor Surtur ;) First rumour I heard about IM3 was that it would have Avengers scenes. We need to see at least a bit how Tony turns the Stark Tower into their HQ. About Thor2, first rumour around was that we actually see Muspelheim in the sequell. Appearently they changed their minds now. BUT maybe this indicates that they plan to use him very soon. I loved the Balroc in LotR... Guess where Tolkien took it from? Yep, Norse Mythology's Surtur. I would love if they at least make him look similar without any copyright issues of course lol. Man, just imagine a huuuge giant fire-demon with a burning sword.... How awesome THIS must look on screen.:hrt:

Hugely awesome haha. And for the helmet, in all honesty, I am fine with him simply just putting it on for combat, no specified reason is need, just for an iconic moment.

To part two, yes.

I like Malekith. I like Kurse better, I am currently reading the thor run by Jurgens, and just got to the Malekith issue when he takes the casket of winter and tries to take over the 9 realms, I just enjoyed it far more when Kurse was there.

I'd rather have amora and executioner, but I have a feeling that is probably not going to happen

He's also by far the biggest actual threat to Thor out of the two, but honestly I still want to see Enchantress and Executioner.

as do I dude

Kurse would be alot like the Destroyer, I think Enchatress and Executioner would be alot more unique.

I don't know about more unique but I want a villian Thor can go blow for blow with in an epic final battle not a lame repeat of the Destoyer scene where he wipes out one of his toughest foes with little trouble. Executioner could be that villian.

I don't know about more unique but I want a villian Thor can go blow for blow with in an epic final battle not a lame repeat of the Destoyer scene where he wipes out one of his toughest foes with little trouble. Executioner could be that villian.

Clearly Skurge would be a more unique foe than Kurse who would basically be another Destroyer just without the energy beam.

I would like to see Mangog

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing either one. :woot:

Thor can show off his super strength and fighting skills against Ulik, while he'll most likely have to pull out a big energy attack for Mangog.

At least Surtur is better than puny Elves.

Much better, I don't even see how puny elves could even harm Thor other than Malekith and Kurse.

Last edited:
Bleeding Cool has gotten wind about a shooting location for the upcoming Thor sequel. Thor: The Dark World is going in front of cameras very soon in London and in addition to the many sound stages they're taking up, they'll also be shooting on location in many London tunnels. They state:

"Some long tunnels in London will be used for the filming of scenes that, as yet, we haven’t been able to confirm as taking place on Earth, on Asgard or elsewhere."

As long as Earth plays minimally into the story I'm cool.

so what the hell is going on guys huh? haha

Who knows, I can't wait until we get past this "vague details" stage and actually get some concrete info.

I know, first we are thinking skurge and amora, then Malekith and Dark Elves (though still likely) now this fire stuff, fire demons?

:huh:

what the hell haha.

(like my new avy BT? I feel its something you would appreciate)

I know, first we are thinking skurge and amora, then Malekith and Dark Elves (though still likely) now this fire stuff, fire demons?

:huh:

what the hell haha.

(like my new avy BT? I feel its something you would appreciate)
Why can't it have more than one of those? There are 9 realms after all, they should probably all get covered at some point in the MCU.

Why can't it have more than one of those? There are 9 realms after all, they should probably all get covered at some point in the MCU.

I bet it will have more than one of those. Lol I was making a joke, because we have heard like 3 different things

Okay. But last night I had a dream I saw Ironman 3. And before the movie started, I saw the Thor: The Dark World trailer, and boy do I remember it in great detail.

So, here is how it started,

We get a shot of a dark forest like area, after a few seconds in changes to a fire like hell place, then a white realm (idk) And then one other realm, where we see Dark Elves running in like..formation, and then behind them standing with his hands raised, is Malekith, we only see his backside. Then you here Thor's hammer drop to the ground, the sound it makes, that hum.

So then it cuts a beautiful shot of Asgard, and we see Jane Foster looking around in complete awe, and we hear Thor's voice say "welcome to Asgard", then it shows the two of them, and Thor smiles. We next see a compilation of Asgardians, some of them in battle, and there is a small action scene of random asgardians fighting elves, and then Malekith's face appears in front of the camera with a grin on it.

The next scene is Jane stepping up some steps, looking horrified, and in awe, as she approaches Odin, who towers over her, and Odin expresses a look of doubt. But The doubt soon fades, and he starts to smile, then he stops, and turns away, and we see an explosion in the hall they are in, and something starts to come through, and then we get the typical different images flashing, some of Thor, some of Malekith, one of Odin creating a big blast around his spear

Then we see the warriors three, and Thor in the backround, they look nervous, Sif asks "what do we do now?" and it shows Thor, standing next to his helmet, which is on a stand, and he says "we get ready for battle". Then another compilation of thor action shots, one of which is him summoning a huge lightning storm. HUGE.

Screen fades to black, and we see something big starting to climb up out of a small ditch, Thor's face is then shown, starting to look up, at something bigger, and then we see the silhouette of Kurse.

Screen fades to black, and you think its over, then you hear a voice say "Odinson", then you here Thor say "Kurse"

Then the next scene shows Kurse running, and taking a leap, then screen goes dark for like.. half a second, then you here hemsworth yell, in the voice he said to Loki "Your not a king! Not here!", in that voice, hemsworth yells "HAVE AT THEE!" and right when he gets to to the word "thee" it shows him, in the sky, but close up, from the torso up, wearing his helmet, finishing the sentence, but spinning the hammer over his head, with a bunch of lightning behind him, he goes to throw the hammer, camera sooms out, and we see the hammer, surrounded in lightning, go hurling towards to the screen.

then the title appears on the screen.

It was freakin awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"