The Amazing Spider-Man Too Soon!?

I sitll think they're jumping the gun here.

No, his point was that Sam had painted himself into a corner with the killing of 4/5 villans, anad to a degree he has for future films in this franchise.

And if John F. continues that trend of killing villains, he will do the same to that franchise (limit potential for future films).

:doh: So will Nolan. Bats is 2:5. So will Damn Near every other Comic Movie out there. The Lesson? You're a bad guy? Well then you are most likely dead.

:doh: So will Nolan. Bats is 2:5. So will Damn Near every other Comic Movie out there. The Lesson? You're a bad guy? Well then you are most likely dead.

Nolan has killed 2 outta 4. Thats exactly 50%. Thats actually fairly high. Plus Ras could return. His character is all about resurrections. And if you say Joker isn't returning because there won't be a recast, thats not Nolan's fault. He didn't see that coming.

Villains in super hero films have died and always will die. They make one film revolving around the villain and then they move on to other ones.

For everyone saying its too soon, HOW LONG DO YOU WANT TO WAIT? When the movie is released in 2012, it will be five years since the last Spiderman movie and TEN, yes TEN years since the first origin movie. Thats plenty of time in-between origins and in-between series.

For everyone saying its too soon, HOW LONG DO YOU WANT TO WAIT? When the movie is released in 2012, it will be five years since the last Spiderman movie and TEN, yes TEN years since the first origin movie. Thats plenty of time in-between origins and in-between series.

Different people, different opinions. ;)

lol True true. I'm not trying to come off as a jerk, I just find it hard to believe theres THAT many people who thinks its too soon.

Well alot of people were expecting three more Spidey films. Plus many people love the first three movies and say Tobey Maguire is Spider-Man and still watch the films often. A reboot so soon is going to cause confusion in my opinion.

Well alot of people were expecting three more Spidey films. Plus many people love the first three movies and say Tobey Maguire is Spider-Man and still watch the films often. A reboot so soon is going to cause confusion in my opinion.

I loved the first two films, enjoyed the third for the most part and didn't really have any beefs with Tobey or Raimi. To me, it just seemed Raimi had lost his creative juices for Spiderman. As far as causing confusion, I think if they market it right it will be fine. Honestly, I don't care if the average Joe is confused as long as the movie is good. The addition of Marc Webb has me excited.

I don't even want them to wait to a point where Disney can find a loophole and snag it back. But can we give it the full decade? Or close to that? How about 2015-2016? That's the right time frame for it. A person who enjoyed Spiderman at say, age 13, will only be 23 by this reboot. There are times when films you loved as a kid still feel as if you watched them yesterday a good decade after. But I blame Disney for this just as much as Sony. If Disney is trying to recouperate that 5 billion investment overnight they are lost, and Sony obviously has no choice but to move ahead. I'd give Sony an extension knowing that they have been successful with this franchise, but they probably don't even need it considering they were already prepared for it.

Last edited:
Nolan has killed 2 outta 4. Thats exactly 50%. Thats actually fairly high. Plus Ras could return. His character is all about resurrections. And if you say Joker isn't returning because there won't be a recast, thats not Nolan's fault. He didn't see that coming.

:doh: counted scarecrow twice. but still moral of the story = villians will not always live

No we can't wait a decade. The franchise was going no where (running around in circles). Sam Raimi, Tobey and Kirsten were all over paid for mediocrity. SM4 would have cost Sony a 100M on these three leeches alone. And Raimi was also getting a cut of the box office he didn't deserve, Tobey was getting part of the DVD sales he didn't deserve--nether of them cared about Spider-Man only about the money he made for them. The franchise was starving for new blood, the repetitiveness of Raimi was grueling, he lacked a clear vision for the series. Waiting would have made things worst.

©KAW;18031104 said:
No we can't wait a decade. The franchise was going no where (running around in circles). Sam Raimi, Tobey and Kirsten were all over paid for mediocrity. SM4 would have cost Sony a 100M on these three leeches alone. And Raimi was also getting a cut of the box office he didn't deserve, Tobey was getting part of the DVD sales he didn't deserve--nether of them cared about Spider-Man only about the money he made for them. The franchise was starving for new blood, the repetitiveness of Raimi was grueling, he lacked a clear vision for the series. Waiting would have made things worst.

All I have to say Is :

trlhtl.jpg

So everyone who thinks Raimi's movies were mediocre is trolling, eh, stop acting like Sam's minion and get back on topic?

©KAW;18031215 said:
So everyone who thinks Raimi's movies were mediocre is trolling, eh, stop acting like Sam's minion and get back on topic?

and yet, you state it as fact that the films were s***, they sucked, they didn't care about spider-man, it was all for money.:dry: so, yes, I'll stop being sam's minion the second you quit trolling.

Kthnxbye.

i dont think it was trolling...kinda just seemed like his opinion...and it was against raimi so you said he was trolling...

Ahhh, common sense and a logical non biased opinion about things. YOU HAVE NO HOPE OF SURVIVING HERE! LOL

Well said. :up:

©KAW;18031104 said:

So true. If anything the franchise was digressing.

and yet, you state it as fact that the films were s***, they sucked, they didn't care about spider-man, it was all for money.:dry: so, yes, I'll stop being sam's minion the second you quit trolling.

Kthnxbye.

YouMad.jpg

©KAW;18031104 said:

Preach!

Personally, this is too soon for a complete do-over origin story back to high school approach like the studio has outlined. The other actors' faces and the storylines are still too fresh in the mindstream mind, in my opinion. Perhaps it would have worked better if it weren't such a drastic shift in timeframe and such.

Beyond the time factor, what really concerns me is that this film's budget is so low compared to the other films...this sort of movie and story naturally uses an expensive amount of effects - how do you pay actors worth their salt (even a cast of unknowns will want a decent paycheck and contract signing on to this franchise), pay for effects shots and marketing on the 80 million dollar budget the studio says is allocated?

The complete reboot, time frame and budget are enough to make most scratch their heads and wonder.

Not after seeing Spider-Man 3. Everyone knew these movies were headed to Batman and Robin territory. Not to say Spider-Man 3 was as bad as B and R, it was just a sign that it was headed in that direction.

And as far as budget, I kind of agree. I'd like to see a bigger budget for better special effects, but Raimi and co were blowing the budget up by asking for the numbers they were. Look at it this way, Twilight was under 40 million to make. Spidey will be twice that. But then again the SFX in twilight sucked.

Last edited:

2/5 is a HECK of a lot better than 2/2 by the second film. Not to mention Spidey's biggest enemy, the Green Goblin was one of the two. Nolan saved the Joker because he knew there are so many storied to tell with that guy. Raimi on the other hand was too simple a story teller to think like that. Make a villain, kill a villain, make a villain kill a villain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"